Photo

ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#461 alyce1101

alyce1101
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

Does anyone know which restaurants they hold the semi private dinners at? Keisha is telling my TA that they only use one restaurant for the dinners. How is that possible if its 4 weddings a day? Any help would be appreciated

#462 Atrack

Atrack
    • 69 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by alyce1101 

Does anyone know which restaurants they hold the semi private dinners at? Keisha is telling my TA that they only use one restaurant for the dinners. How is that possible if its 4 weddings a day? Any help would be appreciated

They use the Steakhouse restaurant for the semi private dinners and they use the Main Buffet.

#463 kalolaco

kalolaco
      • 16 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by alyce1101 

I thought they also used the Plantation restaurant for semi-private dinners too. I could be wrong but I'd double check on that one. 

Mammee Bay steak house and the main buffet are definitely options though.

#464 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
        • 413 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
        • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
        • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

YAY got my date confirmed yesturday and the Day and Time I wanted! :) I am one happy bride to be! Now i can finally put the deposits down for the flight and hotel, and get my invites printed! Even though its a year a way, im still excited :)

As for the resturants where the dinner is had, do you have to reserve that or do they just give you whatever they want that day?

#465 Atrack

Atrack
        • 69 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 

YAY got my date confirmed yesturday and the Day and Time I wanted! :) I am one happy bride to be! Now i can finally put the deposits down for the flight and hotel, and get my invites printed! Even though its a year a way, im still excited :)

As for the resturants where the dinner is had, do you have to reserve that or do they just give you whatever they want that day?

I was told by Keisha once you have confrimed the amount of poeple going to the wedding then you can reserve the restuarant.

Hope this helps

#466 wontongir1

wontongir1
          • 10 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

@Jessica

Disco Photos from our wedding.

http://sphotos-b.xx....514640794_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx....765217263_n.jpg

#467 wontongir1

wontongir1
            • 10 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

I think they are pretty plain.  I used http://selenacakes.com/blog/

Photo of cake: http://sphotos-a.xx....181149409_n.jpg

Note that everything on the cake including the flowers were edible.

#468 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
              • 413 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
              • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
              • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

Thanks, I guess we wont have confirmation for that for a little bit longer!! Just waiting on our invites now that we confirmed our date :)

#469 KDoyle

KDoyle
              • 218 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by kalolaco 

I have no idea about bringing your own equipment. Does anyone know if the voltage of electricity is different in Jamaica? The plugs are the same as in Canada, but when my hubby used his electric razor he said it sounded like a chipmunk, lol, so I would make sure it's all the same voltage and such so there's no risk of ruining expensive DJ equipment!

The sound quality with the iPod was fantastic! Nice and loud. It was hooked up to a Macbook and some other DJ-looking devices. I don't know if it was a fluke that the resort provided 2 guys to operate the sound system (because we didn't pay for them!), but it was great that they were there! 

Only suggestion would be to request a spot on the beach at the opposite end of the resort from the area where they have nightly entertainment. That can get a bit loud. We were down by the jerk chicken hut and it was far enough away from the resort's stage that we didn't have any sound interference from them.

kalolaco, I have booked the poolside private dinner and reception...do you happen to know if the entertainment at night is near this location or would be disruptive from what you could see/hear? Thanks!!

#470 KDoyle

KDoyle
                • 218 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by SHANNON4 

quote name="KDoyle" url="/t/70511/ror-brides-riu-ocho-rios/420#post_1873662"]Shannon - where did you find your table runners? 
                  [/quote]www.weddinglinensdirect.com. its something like 2.48 a table runner! Crazy cheep. I have not gotten mine yet, but I read a review that their color turquoise is supposed to be a lot like the Malibu! Good luck!

Thanks Shannon4 , appreciate it!! Let me know your thoughts once you receive them! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users