Jump to content

Photo

ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)


  • Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#381 Brenda Wolf

Brenda Wolf
  • Newbie
  • 5 posts

    Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

    thank you



    #382 Brenda Wolf

    Brenda Wolf
    • Newbie
    • 5 posts

      Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

      thank you, we're doing a vow renewal ceremony and they need to have our legal wedding certificate 15 days prior to the ceremony date. I really want to get that in on time!lol



      #383 IrishGirlMD

      IrishGirlMD
      • Site Supporter
      • 21 posts

        Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

        Originally Posted by Atrack 

        Hi Irishgirlmd

         

        Keisha told me if i had 40+ people going that i would have to pay $10.50 person for everyone that includes me and my FI. I will have to email the corporate to i guess and see what they say. Thank you for posting that.

        Atrack,

        That information is correct.  It's 10.50 over you person number depending on you packaged amount.  I was being told that I had to pay $67 Per Person and on top of that, an extra $600 flat fee for a "rental fee".  So I was prepared to pay the 10.50 per person OVER my allowable budgeted amount of people.  I was NOT prepared to pay almost 70 bucks per person for everyone!  Huge difference.  Emailing corporate over the 10.50 won't get you anywhere, that's their policy and they state that clearly.  They did not state what Keisha told me about all this clearly at all b/c it was no where.

         

        Hope this helps.



        #384 Atrack

        Atrack
        • Newbie
        • 69 posts

          Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

          Originally Posted by IrishGirlMD 

          Atrack,

          That information is correct.  It's 10.50 over you person number depending on you packaged amount.  I was being told that I had to pay $67 Per Person and on top of that, an extra $600 flat fee for a "rental fee".  So I was prepared to pay the 10.50 per person OVER my allowable budgeted amount of people.  I was NOT prepared to pay almost 70 bucks per person for everyone!  Huge difference.  Emailing corporate over the 10.50 won't get you anywhere, that's their policy and they state that clearly.  They did not state what Keisha told me about all this clearly at all b/c it was no where.

           

          Hope this helps.

          oh ok  thank you for the help. ya she told me at first that it was $67 pp and now its $10.50 including me and my FI.



          #385 eweisz

          eweisz
          • Newbie
          • 25 posts

            Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

            I am getting married at the Riu Palace Tropical Bay in Negril this December. They have been great about emailing me back, but i also am extremely persistent :). Here is what my girl said to me this morning, and I cant imagine it being different for the Riu Ocho Rios. I mentioned that i had been reading some of these blogs that said if we had over 40 guests i would have to pay for the reception, as well as the $12 per person, even the 10 free. This was her response:

             

            Hello Emily:

             

            Please be advised that over 60 persons, the dinner reception will be private at an additional cost.  we do have limits for the restaurant but have to take into consideration first if there is more than one wedding booked for that day.

             

            Also, for the free and any of the packages, once you have more than the amount of persons, there is an extra person charge of US$12.

             

            Kind regards.

             

            Ann Marie


             

            So it looks like the max is 60 people, and after that you must pay. 60 people is a lot though for a free wedding so i do kind of understand where they are coming from. I think we will have 35ish, so I'm glad it's 60 and not 40, in case we did go over.



            #386 Atrack

            Atrack
            • Newbie
            • 69 posts

              Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

              Thanks for that info. I will ask Riu ocho rios about that.



              #387 maromoore

              maromoore
              • Newbie
              • 1 posts

                Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

                I also plan on having my summer 2014 wedding at ROR. I was told via email for Keisha that if I have more than 40 guests I will have to utilize the private dinner where I will be paying $67 per person for dinner. I have read a few posts were some individuals stated that private dinners are for over 60 guests and some also stated private dinners are for over 50 guests. I am confused because I really don't want to spend $67 per person for a private dinner when I can get semi private if I utilize one of the packages offered by ROR

                 

                .

                Can anyone confirm the exact amount of guests that is needed for private dinners?

                 

                Thanks so much for feedback.



                #388 Atrack

                Atrack
                • Newbie
                • 69 posts

                  Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

                  Originally Posted by maromoore 

                  I also plan on having my summer 2014 wedding at ROR. I was told via email for Keisha that if I have more than 40 guests I will have to utilize the private dinner where I will be paying $67 per person for dinner. I have read a few posts were some individuals stated that private dinners are for over 60 guests and some also stated private dinners are for over 50 guests. I am confused because I really don't want to spend $67 per person for a private dinner when I can get semi private if I utilize one of the packages offered by ROR

                   

                  .

                  Can anyone confirm the exact amount of guests that is needed for private dinners?

                   

                  Thanks so much for feedback.

                  Here is the price list keisha sent me. If you have to have a private dinner there is a cheap one. Check out the Plantation restaurant. Much cheaper  

                   

                   

                   

                  Attached Files



                  #389 DANIELLE03

                  DANIELLE03
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 413 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
                  • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

                  Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

                  Anyone have a idea of what time they want their ceremony at? IM playing back and forth between 3pm and 5pm. I emailed Fernanda and she said sunset is at about 530. So i was thinking of going with a 3pm ceremony, that way it leaves time for pictures after while there is still some sunlight and then do dinner around 5-6.

                   

                  What are Your thoughts on ceremony times?



                  #390 Atrack

                  Atrack
                  • Newbie
                  • 69 posts

                    Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

                    Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 

                    Anyone have a idea of what time they want their ceremony at? IM playing back and forth between 3pm and 5pm. I emailed Fernanda and she said sunset is at about 530. So i was thinking of going with a 3pm ceremony, that way it leaves time for pictures after while there is still some sunlight and then do dinner around 5-6.

                     

                    What are Your thoughts on ceremony time

                     

                     

                    Hi

                    We are getting married at 5pm. A nice sunset wedding and if its to dark we are doing are photos the next day.






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users