#371 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
  • 413 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
  • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

Hello all,

I have read every single page in this forum and it has been such a great help!

This hotel is one of my options for my DW that I am planning for Jan 2014!

My Fiance backround is Jamaican, His parents are from there, so I am laughing when you guys say they run on their own time.. THAT they definately do! I have to deal with it here at home! So Im sure if I pick any resrot in Jamaica I will be able to SOMEWHAT deal with "Jamaican time" as we call it lol.  Though Im sure it will still drive me a little bit crazy (it does now!)

I think the biggest advice I will take from this is KEEP every email! Sounds like they change their prices a bit, So I will keep a eye on that!

I meet with my TA tomorrow to see what they can offer and do, and hopefully have a decision made on what resort we are going to pic!

Everyones pics look great. For outside photographers did you just pay for them for the night so that way they are a "guest " and not a vendor?Or can you just get them the day pass for the resort in stead if you are not wanting pics of you getting ready?

Im sure I will have more questions to ask later!!

#372 Cam Tu Ho

Cam Tu Ho
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

DANIELLE03,

I am having a college friend do my photos so I've emailed them and asked and they said that as long as he is staying on the resort for 3 days there is no vendor fee.

#373 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
    • 413 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
    • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
    • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

OH THANKS! I havent booked any photographers yet. Im thinking of just taking the free pics that come with the package, and then doing a photo shoot off the resort, Def going to do a TTD session thats what I really want pics of And then have some pics done from the onsite photographer just for whatever is free.  I have a friend who is pretty good with a camera so im sure she can do some pics.

When are you getting married there?

#374 Brenda Wolf

Brenda Wolf
    • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

IrishGirlMD, could I get Keisha's email information from you, or anyone, please. My vow renewal ceremony is on March 1 of this year, and I still haven't heard from her. I'm thinking maybe I should contact her, but I didn't receive her email in any of my correspondence with the resort.

#375 Sunshinybride

Sunshinybride
      • 74 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Brenda Wolf 

IrishGirlMD, could I get Keisha's email information from you, or anyone, please. My vow renewal ceremony is on March 1 of this year, and I still haven't heard from her. I'm thinking maybe I should contact her, but I didn't receive her email in any of my correspondence with the resort.

mice.ori@riu.com

I am getting married April 20th and I received "THE" email 2 weeks ago

#376 IrishGirlMD

IrishGirlMD
        • Site Supporter
        • 21 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Sorry Brenda, I just now saw your post.  But that is the correct email that Sunshinybride posted.

She never contacted me first, I contacted her.  But she will not "plan" anything until closer to your day.  She will reserve whatever reception you want and answer questions about prices and will email you some pictures.

#377 IrishGirlMD

IrishGirlMD
          • Site Supporter
          • 21 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

OK girls so I finally heard back from the corporate office.

Her first email was very confusing and vague so my response back was simply, "will I be forced to pay for a private reception if I have 45 guests"  and her response was no.

I will say, that she totally copied Keisha on ALL emails.  Thankfully I didn't say anything negative about her or it would have made it very awkward to work with her.  So if you email corporate, be sure to remember that whatever you type, Keisha will see.

But I consider it a win.  I'm not paying an extra couple of thousand dollars.  My wallet is very happy.

Thanks for the support girls, I never would have known to do that without the knowledge of this forum.  Thanks!  Happy Bride right here.

#378 Atrack

Atrack
            • 69 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

Hi Irishgirlmd

Keisha told me if i had 40+ people going that i would have to pay $10.50 person for everyone that includes me and my FI. I will have to email the corporate to i guess and see what they say. Thank you for posting that.

#379 Soon2b2013

Soon2b2013
              • 25 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Hi, I am having my ceremony at thr RIU and my reception at a venue close by. Over 80% of my guest are staying at the resort and I wanted to get the free package since our reception is elsewhere....Keisha told me I have to pay $10.50 pp to attend the wedding....does anyone know if this is correct or not???? Thanks,

#380 Brenda Wolf

Brenda Wolf
                • 5 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users