ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#311 Naomi Louise

Naomi Louise
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:34 AM

Hi everyone

Can any past brides please help me, silly question i know but can anyone tell me if i would be able to wear high heeled shoes(not very high ones) getting married at beach gazebo just that i have fallen in love with a pair and i cant find any flat ones i like. Has anyone else worn heels? thanks ladies x

#312 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
    • 179 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:21 PM

i have seen heels, flats, and barefoot.  What I did was wear my flip flops my feet were barely visible and I decided that I would make sure I was comfortable that day.  My bridesmaids had on low heels and they did just fine

Originally Posted by Naomi Louise 

Hi everyone

Can any past brides please help me, silly question i know but can anyone tell me if i would be able to wear high heeled shoes(not very high ones) getting married at beach gazebo just that i have fallen in love with a pair and i cant find any flat ones i like. Has anyone else worn heels? thanks ladies x

#313 ericka417

ericka417
      • Site Supporter
      • 97 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

That sounds great.  I am a little concerned because there are going to be ~12-15 people in my group on a tuesday.  I dont know what we will do after the dinner.  

Originally Posted by hutchets 

Ericka,

They have the beach party/bonfire on Sat. nights.  My wedding was on Saturday at 4pm so after our semi-private reception at Mammee, everyone just hung around that area as that is where the beach party is located.  It turned out to be a fun night for everyone and it was free! 

#314 ericka417

ericka417
        • Site Supporter
        • 97 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:58 AM

Ericka (Soon2BNJersey)

Who was our photographer? 

#315 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
          • 179 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:49 PM

My photographer is from philadelphia (not too far from me) he did our engagement pics as well.  we paid for his flight and hotel stay. because he was a guest at the resort there was NO vendor fee. and he took UNLIMITED pics from thursday - sunday (wedding was on saturday).  sweet deal! PM me if you would like more info.  I wanted more pics but not for the prices quoted by the resort.  The downside to NOT booking the resort's photographer...YOU CANNOT BOOK THEIR VIDEOGRAPHER IF YOU DON'T BOOK THEIR PHOTOGRAPHER.  oh well.  I made my own slideshow anyway which includes my ceremony music just as it was played: 

Originally Posted by ericka417 

Ericka (Soon2BNJersey)

Who was our photographer? 

#316 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
            • 355 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:41 AM

We had 23 people and we had the beach party. In my opinion.... it's worth the money. With the dj - if this is the price Keisha quoted you - take this email with you. She will try to charge you the new price, but if you say that's not the price you discussed, she'll honour it.

Originally Posted by kimberyly 

Hutchets,

I've been dying to know more information about this beach party! My wedding at at 5 pm on a Saturday. I was considering paying for the private beach party just to be sure I get to do my first dance with my fiance and father/daughter dance. It's $300/hr for a DJ and $10 pp for the bartender though.

How was the beach party? I wonder if I could have them play 2 songs for me. 

#317 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
              • 355 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:45 AM

Hello Ladies,

I got married at ROR on the 15th of September. I posted my review (if that's what you want to call that lol) with some pictures. It's in the resort section.

Ladies - go in with open mind, relaxed attitute and you will have the best time of your life!

I know many ask about the beach party - I think it was worth every penny! I know 2-2.5 hrs doesn't seem like much, but it's the 2 - 2.5 hrs you'll love. You can then hit the disco, and you can alway talk to the dj at the disco to play the style of music you like. 

Enjoy every moment - like many of past brides said before - the day goes by fast - make sure you take in every minute.

#318 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
                • 355 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:47 AM

Erica,

There was nothing really on except regular resort shows (for the exception of Sat. bon fire). There was a small group during our stay in September. What they did is they went to Margaritaville after dinner. It's not far from the resort (maybe 5-7 mins drive)

Originally Posted by ericka417 

Hi Ladies

I am having a small wedding ~12 people including us.  we are trying to decide what do after the reception.  Does anyone have a list of the activities that the resort puts on.  Like Saturday bonfire/show etc

#319 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
                  • 179 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:40 AM

Hey ROR Brides,

Married life is going well for my but for some reason I can't stay away from these boards LOL.  Just sharing some information this time.  Afloral.com is a great floral supply site, they have real touch flowers and other wedding supplies.  Thru 10/31 I have a free shipping code that can be applied to your order at checkout which is :  THANKYOU .  i know in planning every little bit counts.  Pictured below are the flowers as they come packaged in a group of 12 priced at $25.  In the second pic are my bridesmaids bouquets (20 callas for each bouquet) 

DSCN2081.JPG   IMG_9974.JPG

Attached Files

#320 2BeMrsD

2BeMrsD
                    • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:33 PM

Hello! Do you just have to pay the $15 per person for the beach reception then? How many hours is it for? And what are you paying for DJ and bartenders??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users