ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#251 kimberyly

kimberyly
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by ericka417 

Hey ladies.  For those who have gotten married at ROR.  Which photographers did you use?  Where they great?  Would you recommend someone else?

Hi Ericka! I haven't gotten married there yet, but I got a great suggestion for a photographer that my friend who got married in Jamaica last year gave me. His name is Brian Nejedly. He's on facebook and posts all kinds of new awesome pictures all the time. He lives in Jamaica, but came from Georgia I think. Here's his website:  www.briandesign.com

I already have him booked for next March!

#252 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
    • 355 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:09 AM

That's actually who I'm using as well..... he's so good to work with... and that's BEFORE the session :)

Originally Posted by kimberyly 

Hi Ericka! I haven't gotten married there yet, but I got a great suggestion for a photographer that my friend who got married in Jamaica last year gave me. His name is Brian Nejedly. He's on facebook and posts all kinds of new awesome pictures all the time. He lives in Jamaica, but came from Georgia I think. Here's his website:  www.briandesign.com

I already have him booked for next March!

#253 ericka417

ericka417
      • Site Supporter
      • 97 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

Thanx for the advice I will see if he is still available for my date

#254 Val2012

Val2012
        • 14 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:49 AM

Thats so exciting! I guess I'll see you there. We are also arriving on April 14th but we are getting married on the 16th as I had mentioned. We are going with the free package. Our quote was 1380 for a week saturday to saturday we are going thursday - following saturday and its 1550 pp for us.

I was wondering if anyone knew about the flowers. I have pictures of the free bouquets and everything but my soon to be mother in law does not even approve with the upgrades ( as she owns a flower shop and does this for a living) does anyone know if we can just buy flowers (not in bouquet form) and she can do my flowers for me?

Another question is does anyone know if after the wedding I can take the temporary certificate to the courthouse or wherever myself and get things done faster? I am Canadian and marrying an American and we need the OFFICIAL marriage certificate ASAP and I heard that this can take a while? Any help would be great thanks!!!

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!! I HAVE FINALLY DECIDED TO GO WITH ROR!!!!

departure date: April 14th, 2012

Wedding Date: April 19th, 2012 @ 3pm

I am super excited!!! it has taken so much stress off my shoulders to finally have picked a place and time! Now i can start the fun stuff!!

#255 tlinette

tlinette
          • 11 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:36 AM

Dean Clarke photography!!!

He lives in Kingston but travels all over Jamaica, for no cost. Only cost you will incur is the resort fee for bringing him on. Best part is, my price still was cheaper than the resorts photography packages.

I got married at ROR on April 30th 2011 and am so grateful I found him amongst all the other photographers (especially the dreadul Michael on the resort). He is VERY responsive to email and phone!

Here's his info:

Website: www.deanclarkeweddings.com |Email: info@deanclarkeweddings.com |Tele: (876) 381-5932

I would attach photos but I dont have enough replies to do so. If you'd like photos you can message me and I'll get them to you. Otherwise he has put many of my phtoos on his website.

I received many many many compliments on his work.

#256 bride6262

bride6262
            • 582 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:29 PM

HI!!

how are you able to get married on the 16th when you are arriving on the 14th?? i was told it had to be 2 business days??? i had originally wanted the 16th to get it done at the beginning of the week so i dont have to worry about sunburns and tan lines!

Originally Posted by Val2012 

Thats so exciting! I guess I'll see you there. We are also arriving on April 14th but we are getting married on the 16th as I had mentioned. We are going with the free package. Our quote was 1380 for a week saturday to saturday we are going thursday - following saturday and its 1550 pp for us.

I was wondering if anyone knew about the flowers. I have pictures of the free bouquets and everything but my soon to be mother in law does not even approve with the upgrades ( as she owns a flower shop and does this for a living) does anyone know if we can just buy flowers (not in bouquet form) and she can do my flowers for me?

Another question is does anyone know if after the wedding I can take the temporary certificate to the courthouse or wherever myself and get things done faster? I am Canadian and marrying an American and we need the OFFICIAL marriage certificate ASAP and I heard that this can take a while? Any help would be great thanks!!!

#257 Val2012

Val2012
              • 14 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:23 AM

Sorry Correction, We are arriving the 12th, my guests are arriving the 14th... I messed that up!!! SORRY my bad :S

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

HI!!

how are you able to get married on the 16th when you are arriving on the 14th?? i was told it had to be 2 business days??? i had originally wanted the 16th to get it done at the beginning of the week so i dont have to worry about sunburns and tan lines!

#258 bride6262

bride6262
                • 582 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

OK that makes sense! lol

i think we need to keep each other posted on quotes we get so we can make sure we arent getting dinged for things others arent!

Originally Posted by Val2012 

#259 booschmit

booschmit
                  • 43 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

@val2012 ..regarding the official marriage certificate....we paid an extra $100 to the WC (keisha) and they expedited the marriage certif. so we received it in about 2.5 weeks. I had read online how people were having so many problems getting the official certificate even after several months so I wanted to make sure we got it fast. Just ask Keisha if this interests you and you just pay her the $100 when you pay for everything else. 

we did our flowers through tai flora. I would just email them to see if you can get the flowers and have someone else put them together. My bouquet was beautiful though and I had just emailed them a picture of what I wanted.

we used stacey clarke photography! LOVED her..highly recommend. any other questions dont hesitate to ask. We just got back a few weeks ago LOVED the ROR and everything went very smooth for ourselves, our 60 guests and the wedding!!!

#260 Val2012

Val2012
                    • 14 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

wow thanks for all of that info... after reading how people didnt get their certificate until months later it really worried me!!!!

and Krysta Lee Ann I would love to compare quotes as they send them so we don't pay more than we have to!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users