ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#201 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

Hey Ladies,

I haven't been to active on the boards lately.  Unfortunately I lost one of my dearest friends to Cancer today, and it made me think.  Life is too short to be hung up on expensive decor and worrying about what people think...enjoy all the time you have with loved ones.  I have 40 people coming with me and they are there because they care.  The only person that will know about the lack of details is ME!  I am also having an AHR so I just spoke to Keisha and decided today to scale down to the basic wedding, semi-private dinner and hit the disco with open bar and DJ.  I have a fun group, so we are gonna have fun regardless.  Although these boards have been really helpful, I would prefer to break the bank for my relaxed Island Casual AHR back home.  I even had the nerve to change my colors for my AHR  (different party, different colors) and YES... I will wear my dress again... (i may change later on in the night)  Use these boards to network, vent, and find out information, but don' t get so caught up in detail, your guests won't know the difference anyway.  save yourself thousands of dollars on overpriced items and have fun.. Happy Planning, I hope everyone is having a great day :)

#202 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
    • 355 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

Congratulations Misti! You looked beautiful on your day!  ....

Originally Posted by Misti 

hi girls!!!!

Sorry ive been MIA for a month, but its been crazy around here!!! working, raising a toddler, planning a destination wedding, attending grad school and planning an AHR is no easy feat!!!!!!!

I'll try to start throwing together a review....

in the meantime, my fb is www.facebook.com/misti.hagemann.  You can go there for pics.  I wont be on here too much so if you have any q's email me at mistinicole@yahoo.com.  I prob wont have TOO MANY answers since I went basically free all the way, but I'll answer what I can.

Oh! and for those of you looking for a photographer, i researched photographers out there for HOURS and DAYS but couldn't afford anyone I really liked.  it ended up being cheaper for me to fly a internationally acclaimed photographer out there (www.erickpozos.com, www.erickpozosblog.com) to take 2 days of pics than their ridiculous prices.  He's absolutely amazing.  ....and as sweet and humble as it gets.  seriously.  www.facebook.com/erickpozos

Best wishes... and DONT WORRYYYYY!

There was only 3 emails between the WC and I before I got there (really, she only answered ONE with my question list).  I just picked from a picture book upon arrival and everything was (almost) perfect!!!!!!

Ok, now onto my review....

Cheers!

#203 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
      • 355 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:24 PM

I'm trully sorry for your loss Soon2BNJersey. 

Since you're getting married on a Saturday, I think they also have the beach party..

Originally Posted by Soon2BNJersey 

Hey Ladies,

I haven't been to active on the boards lately.  Unfortunately I lost one of my dearest friends to Cancer today, and it made me think.  Life is too short to be hung up on expensive decor and worrying about what people think...enjoy all the time you have with loved ones.  I have 40 people coming with me and they are there because they care.  The only person that will know about the lack of details is ME!  I am also having an AHR so I just spoke to Keisha and decided today to scale down to the basic wedding, semi-private dinner and hit the disco with open bar and DJ.  I have a fun group, so we are gonna have fun regardless.  Although these boards have been really helpful, I would prefer to break the bank for my relaxed Island Casual AHR back home.  I even had the nerve to change my colors for my AHR  (different party, different colors) and YES... I will wear my dress again... (i may change later on in the night)  Use these boards to network, vent, and find out information, but don' t get so caught up in detail, your guests won't know the difference anyway.  save yourself thousands of dollars on overpriced items and have fun.. Happy Planning, I hope everyone is having a great day :)

#204 hutchets

hutchets
        • 195 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:57 AM

So sorry for your loss.  Life is definitely too short.  What you said below is so true.  Keep it simple.  The guests will know NO difference at all!  They will just be happy to be there in a beautiful location with you.  Our guests did the beach party and the disco after our semi-private dinner.  It was great since we had an AHR as well and splurged on it.  Best wishes.

Originally Posted by Soon2BNJersey 

Hey Ladies,

Theresa
          Riu Ocho Rios April 16, 2011

http://tickers.Ticke....15e8/event.png

#205 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
          • 179 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:48 PM

Congrats Misti!!!  Free is the way to go and I am flying my photographer in too!  all weekend we have him and all we had to do was pay for his accommodations.  love it!

Originally Posted by bmadzia1 

Congratulations Misti! You looked beautiful on your day!  ....

#206 kandiland

kandiland
            • Banned
            • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:14 PM

HEY ladies!

for all you future brides getting married at ROR it is amazing!! I was a guest at my friends wedding and she LOVED it! we all had a great time. She looked beautiful so did all her bridesmaids. She had no problems at all. Decor looked great, food was awesome, flowers were beautiful, hair/makeup everything GREAT. ROR is a fantastic resort!! I am in the process of planning my destination wedding. Still deciding on a location. If we do pick Jamaica, ROR is our #1 pick!!

If any one has any questions PM me! congrats ladies!

#207 Misti

Misti
              • 55 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:24 PM

thank you girls!

#208 booschmit

booschmit
                • 43 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

Do you know if there is internet access at the ROR? Is it free or what is the cost?  

#209 mmcst38

mmcst38
                  • 237 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

free wifi in the lobby...internet lounge, $9/hr

Originally Posted by booschmit 

Do you know if there is internet access at the ROR? Is it free or what is the cost?  

May 13, 2011
                    Riu Resort
                    Ochos Rios Jamaica

#210 mmcst38

mmcst38
                    • 237 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

Hey Girls,

We just got our Professional Pics back this week! Our photographers were thru Sungold Photography and their Associates WPAJamaica, Geoffery Berry and Antoinette, they were very professional and a lot of fun! HIGH praises for them! Here are links to view some of the pics

http://www.facebook....50&l=0e07c90520  
                      May 13, 2011
                      Riu Resort
                      Ochos Rios Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users