Photo

ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#191 vero

vero
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

Hey! I love the way your reception dinner was setup! How much did it cost p/p? are the decorations such as the lanterns included or did you get them also from tai flora? approx how much does tai flora charge for the centrepeices?

#192 booschmit

booschmit
    • 43 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:32 PM

Can anyone who recently got married at the ROR tell me how long it is taking to get your marriage certificate in the mail? I have heard several weeks to 5 months. Keisha told me 8 weeks but was just wondering if that was accurate. Also does anyone know if you can expedite the service? appreciate any help with this?

One other question..for those of you that did a sand ceremony- did you play a song during that time. I'm trying to get all our music organized and wasnt sure if I should put a song in there. DId you pretty much do some preceremony songs, a song with me walking up the aisle and then a recessional song at the end? or did you somehow incorporate others and where? 

THanks girls.

#193 bryanandchar

bryanandchar
      • Site Supporter
      • 165 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:29 AM

You get a temporary certificate that you sign on the day to take home, and it took 8 weeks exactly to get our official certificate. It was shipped by DHL.

Originally Posted by booschmit 

Can anyone who recently got married at the ROR tell me how long it is taking to get your marriage certificate in the mail? I have heard several weeks to 5 months. Keisha told me 8 weeks but was just wondering if that was accurate. Also does anyone know if you can expedite the service? appreciate any help with this?

One other question..for those of you that did a sand ceremony- did you play a song during that time. I'm trying to get all our music organized and wasnt sure if I should put a song in there. DId you pretty much do some preceremony songs, a song with me walking up the aisle and then a recessional song at the end? or did you somehow incorporate others and where? 

THanks girls.

#194 hutchets

hutchets
        • 195 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:39 AM

We did preceremony songs but not enough of them.  Allow for 30 min of pre-music.  The guys playing the music filled in with stuff they had which was just fine.  We had a song for my kids to walk to but we ended up not recognizing it when it started so they didn't go.  So we had them skip it and walk to my song which was way long enough for all of us.  They don't play music during the sand ceremony as the minister is speaking.  They did one for our certificate signing and then our exit. 

We were married 4/16 and still haven't received our official certificate.

Originally Posted by booschmit 

THanks girls.

Theresa
          Riu Ocho Rios April 16, 2011

http://tickers.Ticke....15e8/event.png

#195 booschmit

booschmit
          • 43 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:25 PM

Can someone tell me if there is an ipod dock at the plantation that can be used to play dinner music? We wanted to just make a playlist and listen to that during dinner. Does the DJ also have ipod dock of some sort that we can put requested music onto an ipod playlist?

Thanks girls.

#196 mmcst38

mmcst38
            • 237 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:02 PM

We had the semi-private dinner and no music was allowed during that, and yes the dj has ipod dock

May 13, 2011
              Riu Resort
              Ochos Rios Jamaica

#197 ericka417

ericka417
              • Site Supporter
              • 97 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:29 PM

Question

Who makes first contact the RIU wedding coordinator or me?  I am not having my wedding until November so i dont want to bother her too early with so many weddings going on but i have heard that if you dont get stuff in writing(e-mail) things will change.

#198 Misti

Misti
                • 55 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

hi girls!!!!

Sorry ive been MIA for a month, but its been crazy around here!!! working, raising a toddler, planning a destination wedding, attending grad school and planning an AHR is no easy feat!!!!!!!

I'll try to start throwing together a review....

in the meantime, my fb is www.facebook.com/misti.hagemann.  You can go there for pics.  I wont be on here too much so if you have any q's email me at mistinicole@yahoo.com.  I prob wont have TOO MANY answers since I went basically free all the way, but I'll answer what I can.

Oh! and for those of you looking for a photographer, i researched photographers out there for HOURS and DAYS but couldn't afford anyone I really liked.  it ended up being cheaper for me to fly a internationally acclaimed photographer out there (www.erickpozos.com, www.erickpozosblog.com) to take 2 days of pics than their ridiculous prices.  He's absolutely amazing.  ....and as sweet and humble as it gets.  seriously.  www.facebook.com/erickpozos

Best wishes... and DONT WORRYYYYY!

There was only 3 emails between the WC and I before I got there (really, she only answered ONE with my question list).  I just picked from a picture book upon arrival and everything was (almost) perfect!!!!!!

Ok, now onto my review....

Cheers!

#199 hutchets

hutchets
                  • 195 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

The WC will contact you via email approximately 2 months before your date.  You can ask her any questions you want.  All of mine were answered and I kept a friendly stream going with her.  We went with the free wedding and didn't upgrade anything so it was very simple, as a DW should be.

Originally Posted by ericka417 

Question

Who makes first contact the RIU wedding coordinator or me?  I am not having my wedding until November so i dont want to bother her too early with so many weddings going on but i have heard that if you dont get stuff in writing(e-mail) things will change.

Theresa
                    Riu Ocho Rios April 16, 2011

http://tickers.Ticke....15e8/event.png

#200 ericka417

ericka417
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 97 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:10 AM

Thanks hutchets.  I am going with the same low key low stress

Originally Posted by hutchets 

The WC will contact you via email approximately 2 months before your date.  You can ask her any questions you want.  All of mine were answered and I kept a friendly stream going with her.  We went with the free wedding and didn't upgrade anything so it was very simple, as a DW should be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users