Photo

ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#151 mmcst38

mmcst38
  • 237 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:50 PM

Just got back from our wedding on Friday the 13th of May!

No regrets about the resort at all,amazingly beautiful everyone loved it, we had our wedding on the beach and our reception again on the beach at the seagrape, saw three other weddings when I was there, two at the pool, not sure why someone would choose that but, to each there own, all of our guests kept thanking us for choosing the resort and telling us how surprised they were that is was so nice for such a reasonable price.

as far as the wedding cooridnator goes, they do change prices but as long as you keep your emails she will honour whatever price she told you and she actually gave us the steel drum band for cheaper than she quoted us! I think its just the jamaican culture, they arent big on this is this and that is that, its very go with the flow which I love, I know going into this blind can be overwhelming but trust me these people do this all day long, there is no way to mess up your day, no problem mon, thats all you will hear..lol

May 13, 2011
    Riu Resort
    Ochos Rios Jamaica

#152 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
    • 179 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:34 PM

welcome back and congrats!!!

I am glad that things came out good for you.  I am learning to calm down a bit, what can I say," every bride strives for the perfect day right!" you said that someone had a wedding by the pool? or was that a reception by the pool? anyway can't wait to see your pics, congrats again!!

Originally Posted by mmcst38 

Just got back from our wedding on Friday the 13th of May!

No regrets about the resort at all,amazingly beautiful everyone loved it, we had our wedding on the beach and our reception again on the beach at the seagrape, saw three other weddings when I was there, two at the pool, not sure why someone would choose that but, to each there own, all of our guests kept thanking us for choosing the resort and telling us how surprised they were that is was so nice for such a reasonable price.

as far as the wedding cooridnator goes, they do change prices but as long as you keep your emails she will honour whatever price she told you and she actually gave us the steel drum band for cheaper than she quoted us! I think its just the jamaican culture, they arent big on this is this and that is that, its very go with the flow which I love, I know going into this blind can be overwhelming but trust me these people do this all day long, there is no way to mess up your day, no problem mon, thats all you will hear..lol

#153 meeshie77

meeshie77
      • 208 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:47 PM

Here are the latest quotes I got back from the wedding coordinator.  Do any of these look similar to future brides of 2012?  Sorry for the formatting, but I did a copy/paste.

EXTRAS OR OPTIONAL SERVICES

(NOT INCLUDED IN PACKAGES)

LIVE BANDS:

REGGAE BAND         -              MENTO BAND      -         STEEL BAND

US$750.00 p/h            US$350.00 p/h          US$490.00 p/h

OR

DJ WITH SOUND SYSTEM

US$ 300.00 p/h                              

PHOTOS & VIDEO

Check out the Website at

WWW.PHOTOSHOPJAMAICA.COM

Also email Michael at

WEDDINGS@PHOTOSHOPJAMAICA.COM

Off property vendor fee is $350

FOR ADDITIONAL FLOWERS

(YOU MAY VISIT THE WEB-SITE WWW.TAIFLORA.COM)

OR MAKE SELECTION DURING PRE-WEDDING MEETING WITH WEDDING PLANNER

ADDITIONAL SPARKLING WINE

US$15.00 Per Bottle ( serves 7 glasses)

LARGER WEDDING CAKE $250 & UP

PRIVATE RENTAL OF THE DISCO

From 10.00 am up to 10:30pm

(1 –20 persons only US$450.00, 20 – 50 persons US$600.00 & 50 – 100 persons $ 950.00) includes open bar, bartender and a DJ

At 11:00 disco is open to the hotel public except on Tuesdays

DINNER ON THE BEACH or POOL DECK or BALL ROOM TERRACE

SET UP FEE $500, US$55 per person include menu and open bar

THE PLANTATION RESTAURANT

$500 FOR 2 HOURS $1000 FOR 4 HOURS

****FIRE DANCERS  $ 400 PER HOUR*******

*****BONFIRE $200 EACH******

COCKTAIL HOUR

US$25 per person, which includes Open Bar  &   Hors’douvres

Smoke Salmon, Three Cheeses Canapes, Tomato Canapes, Ham and Cheese Canapes,    Barbeque Chicken Brochettes.

OPEN BAR

$15 PER PERSON

DANCE FLOOR RENTAL

20X20 US$1000.00

$10.50 for additional persons on package booked.

PAYMENT FOR ADDITIONAL SERVICES WILL BE COLLECTED IN CASH OR CREDIT CARD AT THE RESORT DURING PRE-WEDDING MEETING WITH THE MICE MANAGERS / WEDDING PLANNER.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT PRICES MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.

#154 frizzy64

frizzy64
        • 54 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:45 PM

This is the same price list as we were sent for a 2011 wedding. However the website prices were lower so I queired and was given the lower website prices. In particular the steel band was increased a lot from the website. I can't believe they charge people $1000 for the plantation for a reception and then they give it to couples for free anyway if the steak house is busy! Madness! We had it for 3 hours for nothing.  

#155 meeshie77

meeshie77
          • 208 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

That's good to know.  Which website has the lower prices?

Originally Posted by frizzy64 

This is the same price list as we were sent for a 2011 wedding. However the website prices were lower so I queired and was given the lower website prices. In particular the steel band was increased a lot from the website. I can't believe they charge people $1000 for the plantation for a reception and then they give it to couples for free anyway if the steak house is busy! Madness! We had it for 3 hours for nothing.  

#156 Shannonsmiles

Shannonsmiles
            • 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:23 PM

Can you also send me that list? My e-mail address is shannon_mcveigh@hotmail.com.

Thanks so much!

#157 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
              • 179 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

Thanks for the reassurance, I'm sure things are gonna turn out just fine. 

Originally Posted by hutchets 

You should read my review on the ROR from this April.  I have absolutely NO regrets.  I had no issues with Keisha, the wedding coordinator.  We had a very good relationship via email prior to our wedding.  They have a price document that you will receive 1-2 months prior to your wedding for 2011 prices.  I am happy we had ours there.

#158 ericka417

ericka417
                • Site Supporter
                • 97 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

Any ladies have any comments about the cake at ROR.  Are we allowed to bring in a cake from outside and if so does anyone have any recommendations?  Does anyone have the list of cake and flower upgrades?

#159 ericka417

ericka417
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 97 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:04 AM

Officially set for ROR Nov 1, 2011.  Thank You ladies for answering my questions, I know I will have more later on  

#160 frizzy64

frizzy64
                    • 54 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:31 AM

Its the Riu weddings website. Once you have gone to your resort and picked a package it asks if you want any extras and the price is given. At the time we booked (may have changed now) these website prices were far cheaper so we took the printed web page and she gave us that price.

Originally Posted by meeshie77 

That's good to know.  Which website has the lower prices?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users