ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

Just got back from our wedding on Friday the 13th of May!

No regrets about the resort at all,amazingly beautiful everyone loved it, we had our wedding on the beach and our reception again on the beach at the seagrape, saw three other weddings when I was there, two at the pool, not sure why someone would choose that but, to each there own, all of our guests kept thanking us for choosing the resort and telling us how surprised they were that is was so nice for such a reasonable price.

as far as the wedding cooridnator goes, they do change prices but as long as you keep your emails she will honour whatever price she told you and she actually gave us the steel drum band for cheaper than she quoted us! I think its just the jamaican culture, they arent big on this is this and that is that, its very go with the flow which I love, I know going into this blind can be overwhelming but trust me these people do this all day long, there is no way to mess up your day, no problem mon, thats all you will hear..lol

welcome back and congrats!!!

I am glad that things came out good for you.  I am learning to calm down a bit, what can I say," every bride strives for the perfect day right!" you said that someone had a wedding by the pool? or was that a reception by the pool? anyway can't wait to see your pics, congrats again!!

Originally Posted by mmcst38 View Post

Just got back from our wedding on Friday the 13th of May!

No regrets about the resort at all,amazingly beautiful everyone loved it, we had our wedding on the beach and our reception again on the beach at the seagrape, saw three other weddings when I was there, two at the pool, not sure why someone would choose that but, to each there own, all of our guests kept thanking us for choosing the resort and telling us how surprised they were that is was so nice for such a reasonable price.

as far as the wedding cooridnator goes, they do change prices but as long as you keep your emails she will honour whatever price she told you and she actually gave us the steel drum band for cheaper than she quoted us! I think its just the jamaican culture, they arent big on this is this and that is that, its very go with the flow which I love, I know going into this blind can be overwhelming but trust me these people do this all day long, there is no way to mess up your day, no problem mon, thats all you will hear..lol

Here are the latest quotes I got back from the wedding coordinator.  Do any of these look similar to future brides of 2012?  Sorry for the formatting, but I did a copy/paste.

EXTRAS OR OPTIONAL SERVICES

(NOT INCLUDED IN PACKAGES)

LIVE BANDS:

REGGAE BAND         -              MENTO BAND      -         STEEL BAND

US$750.00 p/h            US$350.00 p/h          US$490.00 p/h

OR

DJ WITH SOUND SYSTEM

US$ 300.00 p/h                              

PHOTOS & VIDEO

Check out the Website at

WWW.PHOTOSHOPJAMAICA.COM

Also email Michael at

WEDDINGS@PHOTOSHOPJAMAICA.COM

Off property vendor fee is $350

FOR ADDITIONAL FLOWERS

(YOU MAY VISIT THE WEB-SITE WWW.TAIFLORA.COM)

OR MAKE SELECTION DURING PRE-WEDDING MEETING WITH WEDDING PLANNER

ADDITIONAL SPARKLING WINE

US$15.00 Per Bottle ( serves 7 glasses)

LARGER WEDDING CAKE $250 & UP

PRIVATE RENTAL OF THE DISCO

From 10.00 am up to 10:30pm

(1 –20 persons only US$450.00, 20 – 50 persons US$600.00 & 50 – 100 persons $ 950.00) includes open bar, bartender and a DJ

At 11:00 disco is open to the hotel public except on Tuesdays

DINNER ON THE BEACH or POOL DECK or BALL ROOM TERRACE

SET UP FEE $500, US$55 per person include menu and open bar

THE PLANTATION RESTAURANT

$500 FOR 2 HOURS $1000 FOR 4 HOURS

****FIRE DANCERS  $ 400 PER HOUR*******

*****BONFIRE $200 EACH******

COCKTAIL HOUR

US$25 per person, which includes Open Bar  &   Horsâ€douvres

Smoke Salmon, Three Cheeses Canapes, Tomato Canapes, Ham and Cheese Canapes,    Barbeque Chicken Brochettes.

OPEN BAR

$15 PER PERSON

DANCE FLOOR RENTAL

20X20 US$1000.00

$10.50 for additional persons on package booked.

PAYMENT FOR ADDITIONAL SERVICES WILL BE COLLECTED IN CASH OR CREDIT CARD AT THE RESORT DURING PRE-WEDDING MEETING WITH THE MICE MANAGERS / WEDDING PLANNER.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT PRICES MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.

This is the same price list as we were sent for a 2011 wedding. However the website prices were lower so I queired and was given the lower website prices. In particular the steel band was increased a lot from the website. I can't believe they charge people $1000 for the plantation for a reception and then they give it to couples for free anyway if the steak house is busy! Madness! We had it for 3 hours for nothing.  

That's good to know.  Which website has the lower prices?

Originally Posted by frizzy64 View Post

This is the same price list as we were sent for a 2011 wedding. However the website prices were lower so I queired and was given the lower website prices. In particular the steel band was increased a lot from the website. I can't believe they charge people $1000 for the plantation for a reception and then they give it to couples for free anyway if the steak house is busy! Madness! We had it for 3 hours for nothing.  

Thanks for the reassurance, I'm sure things are gonna turn out just fine. 

Originally Posted by hutchets View Post

You should read my review on the ROR from this April.  I have absolutely NO regrets.  I had no issues with Keisha, the wedding coordinator.  We had a very good relationship via email prior to our wedding.  They have a price document that you will receive 1-2 months prior to your wedding for 2011 prices.  I am happy we had ours there.

Its the Riu weddings website. Once you have gone to your resort and picked a package it asks if you want any extras and the price is given. At the time we booked (may have changed now) these website prices were far cheaper so we took the printed web page and she gave us that price.

Originally Posted by meeshie77 View Post

That's good to know.  Which website has the lower prices?