Jump to content

Photo

ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)


  • Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#141 eddieandsheila

eddieandsheila
  • Newbie
  • 110 posts

    Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:09 PM

     

    Hey!

    Thanks for the photo.  Were you able to walk in heels on the runner? I have flats just in case, but would REALLY love to wear my shoes - they're only about a 2 1/2-3inch heel.

     

    Shei =)
     

    Originally Posted by frizzy64 View Post

    This shows how the beach looks with the white chairs (free of charge) and a runner ($60) _INR1376.JPG



     



    #142 BeachBecky2012

    BeachBecky2012
    • Newbie
    • 12 posts

      Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

      We just booked ROR!!!! July 28th 2012!! so excited!!!



      #143 booschmit

      booschmit
      • Newbie
      • 43 posts

        Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

        THanks for the picture of the plantation. I was wondering how it was set up. We are having 60 guests so I'm curious how that will be set up. It looks like just one long table.??? Can you give me any more info. about the set up of the plantation. Also thanks for the ceremony pic at the gazebo. I'm trying to keep things simple but I have emailed with tai flora and things are so expensive. Was the tooling and small flowers on the gazebo really part of the "free" package because I was quoted a price for all of that. hmmmm Wondering if I should ask Keisha more about that. I got the impression any of that was extra cost except the white chairs. THanks for your help and for posting photos..this website is super helpful. Brenda

         



        #144 frizzy64

        frizzy64
        • Newbie
        • 54 posts

          Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:05 AM



          I walked bare foot. There is a fair bit of sand you will need to walk on to get the the runner so that could be a issue. My pageboy wore sandals and he was kicking the sand out of them the whole time! Everyone who was a guest at the wedding wore flats or took off their heels.

          Originally Posted by eddieandsheila 

           

          Hey!

          Thanks for the photo.  Were you able to walk in heels on the runner? I have flats just in case, but would REALLY love to wear my shoes - they're only about a 2 1/2-3inch heel.

           

          Shei =)
           



           



           



          #145 frizzy64

          frizzy64
          • Newbie
          • 54 posts

            Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:21 AM

            We only ended up in the plantation because there were 3 weddings on our day so the steakhouse was already busy. We had 30 people and we were all in one long line. A far as i know you can have a T shape if you have more people but still i imagine that would be a long T!!! Perhaps you could have a few tables instead. They set up a table in the corner with our cake on. We had our own waiter for the night who took our order and brought out our food and wine. Service was SLOW and we didn't all eat at the same time because it would have been cold. As long as you are relaxed about this sort of thing you will be fine. Jamaican brides do not stress! We did our speeches first with a champagne toast and then ate after. We didn't touch our cake at all as we were full so we saved it till the next day. It was very tasty and more than big enough for the 30 of us (in fact we threw away the bottom tier as we couldn't eat it all).

            In terms of the ceremony the only thing we paid for was the runner. The flowers and fabric are always on there for every wedding. We did not pay for this. You really have to watch the WC as they try to charge you for loads of stuff. Plus the price of things is ridiculous! My advice is to defiantly keep it simple and let the location do the talking. You don't need anything apart from that beautiful blue sea and the palm trees. Don't waste your money on flowers which don't even last 2 minutes in the heat. We did have a steel drum band for an hour and this went down well with our guests. They played before the ceromony and after and did canon in d whilst i walked down the aisle. They were great and really set the tone of the day. However....the WC tried to charge us nearly double the price for them and it was only because i have a printed email with the cheaper quote that they gave it to us for $350  

             

            Originally Posted by booschmit 

            THanks for the picture of the plantation. I was wondering how it was set up. We are having 60 guests so I'm curious how that will be set up. It looks like just one long table.??? Can you give me any more info. about the set up of the plantation. Also thanks for the ceremony pic at the gazebo. I'm trying to keep things simple but I have emailed with tai flora and things are so expensive. Was the tooling and small flowers on the gazebo really part of the "free" package because I was quoted a price for all of that. hmmmm Wondering if I should ask Keisha more about that. I got the impression any of that was extra cost except the white chairs. THanks for your help and for posting photos..this website is super helpful. Brenda

             



             



            #146 booschmit

            booschmit
            • Newbie
            • 43 posts

              Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:28 AM

              Thanks frizzy 64..that was all helpful. I'm surprised you say the tuling and flowers are always on the gazebo because tai flora is trying to charge me for it. These are the things this website is wonderful for. I'm cancelling that on my order. I really just want a nice bouquet for myself and flowers for our parents and some sashes on the white chairs.

              Another question I have, is about toasts at the plantation. Did you have any sort of microphone or did you just talk loud? I had asked Keisha about a microphone and she quoted me $150/hr to use it. That is ridiculous! We have 60 guests so i'm worried it may be hard for everyone to hear but I'm not paying several hundred dollars for it. How bout at the ceremony? was there microphone available there for when we do our vows? Also did you use standard vows? or make your own? not sure how this works and cant seem to get an answer of what the "standard" vows are.

              Thanks so much for your help and advice..it is much appreciated!

               



              #147 hutchets

              hutchets
              • Jr. Member
              • 195 posts

                Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:37 AM



                I am not sure I'd wear heals.  I saw a bride in heals the day before my wedding and I just couldn't believe it.  I made some beautiful flip flops with ribbon, bows and rhinestones and they were perfect.  I even made some for my daughter who was my maid of honor.  We only had 19 guests and didn't need a microphone for the wedding. I asked afterwards and they all said they could hear it but I do know that I made a point of speaking a little louder and the officiant spoke loudly as well.  We did not pay for any decorations.  Keisha put the flowers up on the gazebo and that was it but really, that was all that was needed.  We had not fabric.  You will probably have some trouble with your guests hearing you though in the restaurant if there are several other parties there.  Ask her when you meet how many will be in your restaurant the same evening as you.

                We wrote our own vows/ceremony as well.  I took pieces from many other brides on here and made my own.  We had to specialize the sand ceremony because that's where my kids were included in the wedding.  It was really nice that they could be made a special part of it. Our ceremony was exactly 20 minutes long.

                 

                I went with the free tropical bouquet and loved it because it was so tropical and free.  I'm glad I didn't pay for another bouquet because you cannot take it with you when you leave.

                 

                 

                Originally Posted by booschmit 

                Thanks frizzy 64..that was all helpful. I'm surprised you say the tuling and flowers are always on the gazebo because tai flora is trying to charge me for it. These are the things this website is wonderful for. I'm cancelling that on my order. I really just want a nice bouquet for myself and flowers for our parents and some sashes on the white chairs.

                Another question I have, is about toasts at the plantation. Did you have any sort of microphone or did you just talk loud? I had asked Keisha about a microphone and she quoted me $150/hr to use it. That is ridiculous! We have 60 guests so i'm worried it may be hard for everyone to hear but I'm not paying several hundred dollars for it. How bout at the ceremony? was there microphone available there for when we do our vows? Also did you use standard vows? or make your own? not sure how this works and cant seem to get an answer of what the "standard" vows are.

                Thanks so much for your help and advice..it is much appreciated!

                 



                 


                Theresa
                Riu Ocho Rios April 16, 2011

                http://tickers.Ticke....15e8/event.png

                #148 ericka417

                ericka417
                • Site Supporter
                • 97 posts

                  Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

                  I am considering ROR for my November wedding.  ( i am changing from couples due to a few kids that will be at the ceremony)  what if any regrets about the location/resort does anyone have?



                  #149 Soon2BNJersey

                  Soon2BNJersey
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 179 posts

                    Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:21 PM


                    Hmmm where to begin....LOL My wedding is in September at ROR. I don't know about the other ROR Brides but I am NOT feeling the Wedding Coordinator.  She tends to adjust her price quotes as she sees fit.  Stay on top of her, and KEEP EVERY EMAIL THAT SHE SENDS YOU, MAKE SURE YOU BRING IT TO THE RESORT!  I wouldn't say regret, but I will say that I am a little disturbed at the way things are done.  We are already nervous and anxious brides, we need things to run smoothly.   You should check the boards for ROR reviews and see what others are saying.  I am sure my day will be beautiful, but until then I have my "BULLSH*T FILTER" on and she will not get over on me. 

                     

                    btw... beautiful name we have the same spelling!

                    Originally Posted by ericka417 

                    I am considering ROR for my November wedding.  ( i am changing from couples due to a few kids that will be at the ceremony)  what if any regrets about the location/resort does anyone have?



                     



                    #150 hutchets

                    hutchets
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 195 posts

                      Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:20 AM



                      You should read my review on the ROR from this April.  I have absolutely NO regrets.  I had no issues with Keisha, the wedding coordinator.  We had a very good relationship via email prior to our wedding.  They have a price document that you will receive 1-2 months prior to your wedding for 2011 prices.  I am happy we had ours there.

                      Originally Posted by Soon2BNJersey 


                      Hmmm where to begin....LOL My wedding is in September at ROR. I don't know about the other ROR Brides but I am NOT feeling the Wedding Coordinator.  She tends to adjust her price quotes as she sees fit.  Stay on top of her, and KEEP EVERY EMAIL THAT SHE SENDS YOU, MAKE SURE YOU BRING IT TO THE RESORT!  I wouldn't say regret, but I will say that I am a little disturbed at the way things are done.  We are already nervous and anxious brides, we need things to run smoothly.   You should check the boards for ROR reviews and see what others are saying.  I am sure my day will be beautiful, but until then I have my "BULLSH*T FILTER" on and she will not get over on me. 

                       

                      btw... beautiful name we have the same spelling!



                       



                       


                      Theresa
                      Riu Ocho Rios April 16, 2011

                      http://tickers.Ticke....15e8/event.png




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users