Jump to content
Misti

ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

Recommended Posts

Congrats to you!

 

I have a question:  how did you communicate with your guests at the resort.  Do cell phones even work there? Did you rely on the phones at the resort?  What type of make up did you use? I know it was humid and hot out there. 

Originally Posted by booschmit View Post

Just got back from my wedding at ROR- AMAZING!! Any questions I would be more than happy to answer. As far as photographer, we had Stacey Clarke. She is AWESOME- professional, fun, reasonably priced. She will respond to emails nearly immediately. I felt so so comfortable with her and had no worries. She has a facebook and website page. I cannot say enough about her. SHe has different packages but will work with you on price! I highly recommend the "trash the dress"!

I loved the ROR!!!! 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soon2BNJersey bride.  We will give our guests a blank post card (from vistaprint) and ask them to put their room number on it and give it back to us at welcome dinner. Mind you, we only have about 20 people.  This way we know what room they are in and we'll keep in touch that way. Even if we have to go slip a note to them under the door.

 

Originally Posted by Soon2BNJersey View Post

Congrats to you!

 

I have a question:  how did you communicate with your guests at the resort.  Do cell phones even work there? Did you rely on the phones at the resort?  What type of make up did you use? I know it was humid and hot out there. 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have also seen some ppl in their welcome bags put a list with everyone's names on them and a space so that ppl can go around and get everyone's room number

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wouldnt advise using cell phones there due to the horrific cell phone bills you would receive



 

Originally Posted by Soon2BNJersey View Post

Congrats to you!

 

I have a question:  how did you communicate with your guests at the resort.  Do cell phones even work there? Did you rely on the phones at the resort?  What type of make up did you use? I know it was humid and hot out there. 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann View Post

i wouldnt advise using cell phones there due to the horrific cell phone bills you would receive

 


I agree!!! I didn't know any better the first time around & my cell phone bill was ridiculous when I got home. I didn't even use the phone that much while I was there but I did make & receive alot of calls from guests on the day that they were leaving for Jamaica because I wanted to make sure that everyone made it to the airport on time.

 

If you still think you're going to use your cell phone even just a bit, make sure you call your provider before you leave & tell them to add international calling to your plan, as it should help with your bill. Some providers even offer international calling plans that you could probably use for your time in JA & then remove once you get home. 
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i also suggest  shutting off your phone while there because while it tries to get a signal it will drain the battery and if you have data you will get charged for roaming fees during its 'updates'

 

Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO View Post

Quote:


I agree!!! I didn't know any better the first time around & my cell phone bill was ridiculous when I got home. I didn't even use the phone that much while I was there but I did make & receive alot of calls from guests on the day that they were leaving for Jamaica because I wanted to make sure that everyone made it to the airport on time.

 

If you still think you're going to use your cell phone even just a bit, make sure you call your provider before you leave & tell them to add international calling to your plan, as it should help with your bill. Some providers even offer international calling plans that you could probably use for your time in JA & then remove once you get home. 
 

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We never went to each other's rooms or called them.  We basically kind of knew what we were doing the night before when we all hung out.  We would sometimes run into them at breakfast and talked about the day.  It wasn't a big deal for us.  They were all given a phamplet before we headed to Jamaica with a few itinerary items such as meet at one of the bars the first night they arrived, catamaran-dunns river the next morning and wedding on Saturday.  Other than that, we all did our own thing or just met at the pool.

We did not use our cell phones at the resort but I did add International calling to my phone in case I needed it.  Makeup-I had the spa do my hair and makeup.  It looked great and my son said I looked younger when he first saw me!  I have read from several brides on here that they have used Rimmel foundation and it help up well but I don't know personally.  The weather was perfect though while we were there in April.  Not too hot and not nearly as humid as I had expected or even as it is here in Missouri.  Good luck!

 

Originally Posted by Soon2BNJersey View Post

Congrats to you!

 

I have a question:  how did you communicate with your guests at the resort.  Do cell phones even work there? Did you rely on the phones at the resort?  What type of make up did you use? I know it was humid and hot out there. 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One other thing that we did with the Vista print post cards.  We layed them out on the table at the reception dinner and had our friends and family write something on them for us.  It was our "guest book" for the dw.  Some of them were hilarious to read and we are so glad we did that.  We did a charicature picture of the two of us on the beach for our ATH as our guest book. 

 

Originally Posted by hutchets View Post

We never went to each other's rooms or called them.  We basically kind of knew what we were doing the night before when we all hung out.  We would sometimes run into them at breakfast and talked about the day.  It wasn't a big deal for us.  They were all given a phamplet before we headed to Jamaica with a few itinerary items such as meet at one of the bars the first night they arrived, catamaran-dunns river the next morning and wedding on Saturday.  Other than that, we all did our own thing or just met at the pool.

We did not use our cell phones at the resort but I did add International calling to my phone in case I needed it.  Makeup-I had the spa do my hair and makeup.  It looked great and my son said I looked younger when he first saw me!  I have read from several brides on here that they have used Rimmel foundation and it help up well but I don't know personally.  The weather was perfect though while we were there in April.  Not too hot and not nearly as humid as I had expected or even as it is here in Missouri.  Good luck!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks girls for the tips ladies!! I will send a message to my guests to check their plans.  I already have international calling but I am not trying to get hit with roaming charges.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I am taking a chance and going in September. keep your fingers crossed as far as the weather.   Now i usually swear by MAC Cosmetics, but as some may know MAC can be $$$.  Never heard of Rimmel will have to look it up. Thanks!

Originally Posted by hutchets View Post

We never went to each other's rooms or called them.  We basically kind of knew what we were doing the night before when we all hung out.  We would sometimes run into them at breakfast and talked about the day.  It wasn't a big deal for us.  They were all given a phamplet before we headed to Jamaica with a few itinerary items such as meet at one of the bars the first night they arrived, catamaran-dunns river the next morning and wedding on Saturday.  Other than that, we all did our own thing or just met at the pool.

We did not use our cell phones at the resort but I did add International calling to my phone in case I needed it.  Makeup-I had the spa do my hair and makeup.  It looked great and my son said I looked younger when he first saw me!  I have read from several brides on here that they have used Rimmel foundation and it help up well but I don't know personally.  The weather was perfect though while we were there in April.  Not too hot and not nearly as humid as I had expected or even as it is here in Missouri.  Good luck!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×