ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

Originally Posted by alyce1101 View Post

Wait Keisha is gone?!? How do you know? That is really scaring me considering my wedding is this month!

Kerry ( shes on this forum) just got married there, There is a new girl Patricia. Kerry said that this girl knows what she is doing and was keishas assistant and has been there for years. I have emailed a few times and since keisha has been gone i havent been getting responses. Ill wait untill my TA is back and then ill have them find out whats going on. Im trying not to let it stress me lol

Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 View Post

Kerry ( shes on this forum) just got married there, There is a new girl Patricia. Kerry said that this girl knows what she is doing and was keishas assistant and has been there for years. I have emailed a few times and since keisha has been gone i havent been getting responses. Ill wait untill my TA is back and then ill have them find out whats going on. Im trying not to let it stress me lol

LOL....I guess Keisha being gone was the last thing I was expecting. Especially since it only 3 weeks from now. That makes me feel better that Patricia was Keisha's assistant and she knows what she is doing. I  also having my TA look into it as well bc I do not want any miscommunication.  I am taking every email that I have with me!

LOL....I guess Keisha being gone was the last thing I was expecting. Especially since it only 3 weeks from now. That makes me feel better that Patricia was Keisha's assistant and she knows what she is doing. I  also having my TA look into it as well bc I do not want any miscommunication.  I am taking every email that I have with me!
I know what u mean! And yes take EVERYTHING! Ill prob have a binder lol

Originally Posted by alyce1101 View Post

I know what u mean! And yes take EVERYTHING! Ill prob have a binder lol

Originally Posted by Atrack View Post

oh really kiesha is gone. Thats why no one is getting back to me. Thank you for posting that.

Hey Ladies, 

I found out the day before my wedding that Keisha was no longer there. I was not a happy camper at the time ...talk about stress as soon as you get to the resort...however after I spoke to Patricia I felt reassured and knew it would all work out. Try not to stress about this, my wedding day was perfect. Patricia handled everything seamlessly and confidently. She's been there for years.... The only part I didn't appreciate was that they (Patricia) initially lied to me about Keisha no longer working there....as I had been told my multiple staff on the resort including my reps from my tour company the day I got there that Keisha was no longer there but at the Riu in Negril as their wedding planner.....and so I asked Patricia out right and she was upset and wanted to know who told me and then denied it....so I just told her I appreciated her telling me the truth versus lieing to me and me losing all confidence that my day was going to be a success. I guess they are trying to keep Brides from freaking out about Keisha no longer being there (which is understandable but full disclosure in my books is way better and more appreciated by me anyway). Patricia handled everything perfect, and I had a private dinner and reception on the pooldeck ... and everything that was required for my setup was handled perfectly. 

Def bring all your emails with your details that you have discussed with Keisha, Patricia did give me all the negotiated rates I had arranged with Keisha, so nothing was any different. 

If you have any questions let me know, Im happy to answer :) 

Kerry

Originally Posted by Atrack View Post

absolutely beautiful. You had a gorgeous wedding. Congrates again.

Thank you so much :) It was a beautiful day and we had some fantastic people that really made the day for us too. All I can say is that it really does fly by so take some time to stand back and take it all in with your hubby, seize the moment. The day is over before you know it ;) 

Your pics are gorgeous. I am getting married there on the 22nd and was freaking out Keisha not being there. I feel like Patricia is lying to me as well because I received an email today saying that Keisha will be back on the 10th.  It is really confusing.  How much was your aisle runner? Did you bring it from home or did you get it from the resort?