ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

Originally Posted by mzabala View Post

Hi Danielle03,

Just to clarify....If I choose to do my reception at the Plantation Restaurant, I would have to pay $1000 for 4 hours, plus $10.50 per person?

I'm planning on going with the Caprice Package, which allows up to 40 guests.

Would this mean I would have to pay $10.50 pp for all 40 guests +++++, or just above the 40 guests?

Maria

Hey, Im not sure 100% on that.  You would have to for sure pay the 1000.00 or 500 for 2 hours from what I have read.  I BELIEVE the 10.50 per person would be any guests over your package amt, But I could be wrong. They arent very clear on their wording And sometimes i think they make up prices as they go. lol All I know is that for mine its 10.50 per person. I THINK she said over the 10 that are included in my package, but ALWAYS double check and KEEP all emails from the resort, that way you have reference to go back if they try and change something last minute. And make sure you bring all correspondnce with them when you go.

And then if you want open bar at the reception that costs extra. AND THEN the dj is 300 per hour. So for me personally the first 2 hours is dinner/cake etc visiting. last 2 hours is father daughter dance etc, and partying :)

Originally Posted by KDoyle View Post

I just got married last Wednesday at ROR and had the private dinner and reception on pool deck for my wedding...I would not do it any other way now that I've been there and done it....it is so worth the extra cost!!!..my guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to, and I had 40 friends and family there. I can provide pics once I'm back ... Just on my honeymoon right now but happy to answer any question etc... Literally the time of my life ..,wedding day and night was PERFECT :))

Yay! CONGRATS KDoyle!!!

confused.gif..my FI and I had made a decision that we would pick our wedding party after everyone had put down their deposits as we didn't want to put any ADDED pressure on anyone BUT of course you already know who you want to ask and assume they would make the trip with you but that just doesn't seem to be the case.......

As our deposit date is less then two weeks away. my FI who 100% thought his cousin would be coming (potential groomsman) now all of sudden can't afford it (money is never an issue with this guy until now) so he's out, he's oldest friend (potential best man) who from day one has said NO PROBLEM I'm there all of a sudden isn't responding to any of my FI's reminder text messages and I can see that it's bothering him...

So last night my FI's says to me you might want to hold back on the numbers your thinking for bridesmaids because so and so aren't coming...etc...and now I'm feeling all lost and sad...two of my potential bridemaids have already put down their deposits and I already know my other girlfriend is coming 100% but now we are waiting on his side when we first decided to this DW his side was ALL IN and now this...such a piss off!!!

I don't think people realize how disappointing it is when you said I'm THERE - ie. my Aunt "I'm there..I don't even have to think twice about it" to last week saying "sorry but I can't afford it"....like DON'T SAY anything at all - I have now learned if I EVER get invited to a DW (minus if it's one of my BF's) I'm just going to say I need to THINK ABOUT IT...

You know my FI says to me last night I don't care who comes - as long as our family is there and you and I are happy then that's all the matters which is 100% true I just don't like this useless disappointment we have to feel in the meantime cry.gif

I can't wait until June 7th has passed...we'll finally know whose coming

Originally Posted by jennMc View Post

confused.gif..my FI and I had made a decision that we would pick our wedding party after everyone had put down their deposits as we didn't want to put any ADDED pressure on anyone BUT of course you already know who you want to ask and assume they would make the trip with you but that just doesn't seem to be the case.......

As our deposit date is less then two weeks away. my FI who 100% thought his cousin would be coming (potential groomsman) now all of sudden can't afford it (money is never an issue with this guy until now) so he's out, he's oldest friend (potential best man) who from day one has said NO PROBLEM I'm there all of a sudden isn't responding to any of my FI's reminder text messages and I can see that it's bothering him...

So last night my FI's says to me you might want to hold back on the numbers your thinking for bridesmaids because so and so aren't coming...etc...and now I'm feeling all lost and sad...two of my potential bridemaids have already put down their deposits and I already know my other girlfriend is coming 100% but now we are waiting on his side when we first decided to this DW his side was ALL IN and now this...such a piss off!!!

I don't think people realize how disappointing it is when you said I'm THERE - ie. my Aunt "I'm there..I don't even have to think twice about it" to last week saying "sorry but I can't afford it"....like DON'T SAY anything at all - I have now learned if I EVER get invited to a DW (minus if it's one of my BF's) I'm just going to say I need to THINK ABOUT IT...

You know my FI says to me last night I don't care who comes - as long as our family is there and you and I are happy then that's all the matters which is 100% true I just don't like this useless disappointment we have to feel in the meantime cry.gif

I can't wait until June 7th has passed...we'll finally know whose coming

Thats a smart idea! wish we did that for the grooms men! My bridesmaids all said they were coming, and they all put their deposits down :) As for HIs guys. Only one has(the best man) the other 2 nothing yet. Im gonna tell him to tell them he has to know by a certain date, because then he doesnt have anyone and would have to ask someone who is going ( which he is thinking about doing now ne ways, and then maybe m y brother)

Our due date is May 31 for deposits to be in but we kinda got everyone to do it by last week because our TA is gone this week and wouldnt be there to take the depostis.. right now the total amt confirmed on the group rate including us is about 22. But we have ppl coming from the usa and england and jamaica too so we are expecting about 40 ppl

I agree with your FI  I say that to mine all the time. It sucks my grandma isnt coming or my other grandparents, but my grandpas is 93 and my grandma on my moms side doesnt leave canada lol So thats shitty but Im doing lots with her to include her :)

I wish i could say May 31 Ill know the exact number but I wont until end of August. I am going to put a deadline on when to tell me if you are coming or not ( for the ppl making their own arrangments) because I need to know for the resort and for gifts and OOT bags and stuff like that and if you tell me last min your coming, thats great,, but NO GIFT FOR YOU :)

:confused: ..my FI and I had made a decision that we would pick our wedding party after everyone had put down their deposits as we didn't want to put any ADDED pressure on anyone BUT of course you already know who you want to ask and assume they would make the trip with you but that just doesn't seem to be the case....... As our deposit date is less then two weeks away. my FI who 100% thought his cousin would be coming (potential groomsman) now all of sudden can't afford it (money is never an issue with this guy until now) so he's out, he's oldest friend (potential best man) who from day one has said NO PROBLEM I'm there all of a sudden isn't responding to any of my FI's reminder text messages and I can see that it's bothering him... So last night my FI's says to me you might want to hold back on the numbers your thinking for bridesmaids because so and so aren't coming...etc...and now I'm feeling all lost and sad...two of my potential bridemaids have already put down their deposits and I already know my other girlfriend is coming 100% but now we are waiting on his side when we first decided to this DW his side was ALL IN and now this...such a piss off!!! I don't think people realize how disappointing it is when you said I'm THERE - ie. my Aunt "I'm there..I don't even have to think twice about it" to last week saying "sorry but I can't afford it"....like DON'T SAY anything at all - I have now learned if I EVER get invited to a DW (minus if it's one of my BF's) I'm just going to say I need to THINK ABOUT IT... You know my FI says to me last night I don't care who comes - as long as our family is there and you and I are happy then that's all the matters which is 100% true I just don't like this useless disappointment we have to feel in the meantime :'( I can't wait until June 7th has passed...we'll finally know whose coming

Hi JennMC! Do not worry. I know exactly what you are going through. People will tell you that they are coming but will back put in the end. Just remain calm and remember that no matter who comes or not, you are still marrying the love of your life. Yes it is hurtful but try not to let it upset you. The people who truly support you will be there in attendance. Hope u feel better :-)

Originally Posted by jennMc View Post

Wow you guys already have 20 ppl with deposits paid....right now I'm only sitting at 8ppl including us LOL my TA said everyone waits until the last minute and she wasn't kidding....it's been killing me because I want to book my reception already...what do you guys thinking for the reception?

Where are you ordering your OOT bags from?

Every 11th person gives us a credit so we are just hoping we reach 22/23 and then both of our first weeks are covered and/or pay for the photographer which I'm thinking I might bring from here or use Brain N 

Where are you guys planning on spending your second week? Right now we are booked to stay at the ROR for the second week but I'm starting to wonder if we should change that (if we can)

I am actually getting married at the Riu Palace Tropical Bay over in Negril, but we are spending our 2nd week at the Couples Swept Away. A bit more expensive but WOW it looks fantastic. I've also stayed at the Grand Palladium/Lady Hamilton in 2011 and it was AWESOME. It's by Montego Bay off a little ways in a town called Luccea. I'd highly suggest them both!

Originally Posted by mzabala View Post

Thanks Danielle.

Which package did you choose?

Right now I just have the"free' package, But I am going to be looking at the others to see if I can offset some of the costs by going with one of those Or if it will make a difference.