ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

Originally Posted by Yassy View Post

Hey Kerry,

No worries!  Life happens!  lol 

Wow, you wedding is just around the corner!!! How exciting! I'm sure everything will go wonderfully! Please do share all of the details once you have returned as I'm sure many of us would love to hear all about it:)

Yassy

LOL, I will for sure! And yes omg it is literally around the corner! We leave 7 weeks today!!! 

Originally Posted by Newrorbridetobe View Post

Does anyone know if it is possible after the semi private dinner to have a disco and bonfire on the beach with an open bar, if so what's the cost? Thanks

Hi Newrorbridetobe, 

You can definitely rent the disco after your semi-private dinner --here are the costs from Keisha the WC at the resort for this year. 

PRIVATE RENTAL OF  THE DISCO for 2 hrs up to 10:30pm, (1 –20 persons only US$500.00, 20 – 50 persons US$650.00 & 50 – 100 persons $ 1000.00)  includes open bar, bartender and a DJ ....at 11:00 disco is open to the hotel public 

The Bonfire on the beach is $200 I believe and the open bar part is $15 pp 

Hope this helps. 

Originally Posted by Michelle2013 View Post

Hi Everyone. I am getting married in October and thought this was going to be super easy as a destination wedding - clearly not.

A few questions:

- Photographer - I have one in mind but want to check out others suggestions as well as prices.

- Reception - we have some older people coming and thought it might be nice to have somewhere for them to sit. The pool deck reception is out as my son will be 2 by that time and the thought worries me a little. I would be open to a beach party - however - I am getting married on a Saturday and they already do that. Would it be weird to have a seperate beach party? Is the Plantation resturant that crappy?

I have opted to go for the "free" package and have upgraded my room when booking our trip. I inquired about the minister fees and Keisha advised me it is $500. Is that correct?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

HI Michelle2013, 

I booked Marcia Roberts for my photography and so far dealing with her has been awesome!! She is very flexible and soooo nice...totally great on negotiating price wise...and I def felt like I got a better bang for my buck with Marcia. She is absolute sweetheart....and in 7 weeks I can tell you how her and her crew were to work with :) She has a 2nd photographer as well which I really liked.- for no extra charge. 

I am having a private dinner and reception on the pooldeck but I also seen pics of the Ballroom terrace which I really liked ...and also the beach. The Disco is also available for rent for the 2hrs after the dinner ...and is prob the most reasonably priced...but just an FYI the Beach party's are on Monday nights so I wouldn't hesitate to do a beach party on Saturday if that's when your getting married. 

I too went for the "free" (not so free $500) package LOL, we upgraded our room as well....

Hope this helps!

EXCITED!! Revd confirmation today FRm Keisha that the Disco is mine 2 hours prior to it opening :) That way we can do our first dance and father/daughter mother/son dance  and ppl can mingle before the disco opens.

The only thing left to do now is to put a deposit for a photographer and then get my dress, which I already know what it is and then its sit back and wait :)

Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 View Post

EXCITED!! Revd confirmation today FRm Keisha that the Disco is mine 2 hours prior to it opening :) That way we can do our first dance and father/daughter mother/son dance  and ppl can mingle before the disco opens.

The only thing left to do now is to put a deposit for a photographer and then get my dress, which I already know what it is and then its sit back and wait :)

Awesome!!! That is great :) I highly recommend Marcia Roberts, she has been fantastic to deal with ...and so has Brian Nedjley who lives in Ocho Rios... 

Awesome!!! That is great :) I highly recommend Marcia Roberts, she has been fantastic to deal with ...and so has Brian Nedjley who lives in Ocho Rios... 
I've looked at both but in love with Brian's work. In talks with him right now. His prices are pretty decent and his work is amazing. Soon as I saw it I was in love. So just gonna get my FI to look thru them all. But in the end I'm pretty sure I'm going with Brian :) I can't stop looking at his pics. :)

I've looked at both but in love with Brian's work. In talks with him right now. His prices are pretty decent and his work is amazing. Soon as I saw it I was in love. So just gonna get my FI to look thru them all. But in the end I'm pretty sure I'm going with Brian :) I can't stop looking at his pics. :)

I really liked his work too, and he seemed like a nice guy when I was talking to him as well. They both do beautiful work and are highly recommended. Good luck :))

Hey Danielle and Kerry,

Just out of curiosity, with the vendor fee + the cost of the pkgs for Marcia and Brian (Photographers), does it end up being less expensive than going through the Photographers associated with the resort?  Or are you paying for the photographers to stay overnight to offset the cost of the vendor fee?

Thanks Ladies;)

Yassy

Hey Danielle and Kerry,

Just out of curiosity, with the vendor fee + the cost of the pkgs for Marcia and Brian (Photographers), does it end up being less expensive than going through the Photographers associated with the resort?  Or are you paying for the photographers to stay overnight to offset the cost of the vendor fee?

Thanks Ladies;)

Yassy

Hey. I think its a little bit more but the QUALITY is the difference. My TA sent me pics of a wedding that was recently just there, and the quality of the pics just didnt do it for me. Brian also takes off the vendor fee up to 350 which is what the RIU charges for a vendor fee. So Basically you arnt paying the vendor fee as its off your package. I have the pricelist somewhere for the resort photographer but it was something stupid like 20$ per pic and with Brian the smallest package is like 250 pics and then some all on a cd Where the resort one is you have to pick which ones you like the best and possibly have to leave some behind or spend even more money.

Pictures are a big thing for us so we are going to spend a little more and also do a TTD the next day so thats another 150 pics also.  His quality is amazing and its something we are willing to spend a little bit more on :)

In the end I cant spend money on pics that I am going to hate

Hope that helps a little

Hey. I think its a little bit more but the QUALITY is the difference. My TA sent me pics of a wedding that was recently just there, and the quality of the pics just didnt do it for me. Brian also takes off the vendor fee up to 350 which is what the RIU charges for a vendor fee. So Basically you arnt paying the vendor fee as its off your package. I have the pricelist somewhere for the resort photographer but it was something stupid like 20$ per pic and with Brian the smallest package is like 250 pics and then some all on a cd Where the resort one is you have to pick which ones you like the best and possibly have to leave some behind or spend even more money.

Pictures are a big thing for us so we are going to spend a little more and also do a TTD the next day so thats another 150 pics also.  His quality is amazing and its something we are willing to spend a little bit more on :)

In the end I cant spend money on pics that I am going to hate

Hope that helps a little

Hey Danielle and Kerry,

Thanks Ladies;)

Yassy

Hi Yassy, 

Same reason we also went with Marcia was the quality. Marcia also negotiated or was most flexible from all of the photo vendors we spoke to (spoke to Brian, Mischa, Stacey Clarke, all of whom I loved their work) ..Marcia pays the vendor fees and she is bringing her 2nd photographer and videographer who are all at her cost as well. So although we may be paying a tiny bit more (I truthfully am not even sure that we actually are paying anymore though considering everything we are getting and the price we negotiated) then the ROR photog...regardless I thought based on the pics I seen that the outside vendor was worth any extra we were potentially going to pay. Like Danielle the pics were very important to us.