ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

Originally Posted by Newrorbridetobe View Post

Hi, I'm getting married in November. Does anyone have a contact for jans flowers. We've booked the not so 'free' package, however I'd prefer to have my reception in mammee bay with round tables. Is this possible and is it extra?

Hey Newrorbridetobe,

Congrats! I am also getting married at the RIU Ocho Rios in November...what is your wedding date?  Mine is the 18th:)

Yassy.

Hey Guys...I'm only now noticing that there are some nice wedding pics posted in the right hand column of this forum under "Recent Images In This Thread" which really give a great idea of what we can expect for our wedding ceremony and reception at the RIU!!!  I thought I'd mention this just in case you guys hadn't noticed it either.  It actually shows pics of the beach and garden gazebo, the free bridal bouquet, the dinner/reception areas, etc. I found it very helpful;)

Yassy.

Originally Posted by Yassy View Post

Hey Guys...I'm only now noticing that there are some nice wedding pics posted in the right hand column of this forum under "Recent Images In This Thread" which really give a great idea of what we can expect for our wedding ceremony and reception at the RIU!!!  I thought I'd mention this just in case you guys hadn't noticed it either.  It actually shows pics of the beach and garden gazebo, the free bridal bouquet, the dinner/reception areas, etc. I found it very helpful;)

Yassy.

Thank for tell us about that. I never notices it before.

Atrack

Hello everyone

so here is a email i got back from Keisha about the round tables for semi private dinners.

Hi Mike,

Yes, the T shape is used for the semi private dinner. We only use the round tables for dinner on the pool deck and beach.   Regards, Keisha   I called her today and she told be you dont have to have the T shape you can have the tables apart she said we will talk once we get down there or closer to the wedding     Hope this helps   Atracks

Originally Posted by Atrack View Post

Hello everyone

so here is a email i got back from Keisha about the round tables for semi private dinners.

Hi Mike,

Yes, the T shape is used for the semi private dinner. We only use the round tables for dinner on the pool deck and beach.   Regards, Keisha   I called her today and she told be you dont have to have the T shape you can have the tables apart she said we will talk once we get down there or closer to the wedding     Hope this helps   Atracks

So basically no to round tables at the mammee resturant. Only if you are doing something at the pool deck or beach??? And I am assuming she means we can seperate the square tables .... But it would still be in a T formation, just not one long table.

Hmm I am going to try emailing her in a few months about it since my wedding isnt until January, but I wanted to order table runners, and that depends on the size and shape of the table.

Thanks for the info Atracks

Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 View Post

So basically no to round tables at the mammee resturant. Only if you are doing something at the pool deck or beach??? And I am assuming she means we can seperate the square tables .... But it would still be in a T formation, just not one long table.

Hmm I am going to try emailing her in a few months about it since my wedding isnt until January, but I wanted to order table runners, and that depends on the size and shape of the table.

Thanks for the info Atracks

Yes thats right round tables are only used for the pool deck and beach.

Hi Everyone. I am getting married in October and thought this was going to be super easy as a destination wedding - clearly not.

A few questions:

- Photographer - I have one in mind but want to check out others suggestions as well as prices.

- Reception - we have some older people coming and thought it might be nice to have somewhere for them to sit. The pool deck reception is out as my son will be 2 by that time and the thought worries me a little. I would be open to a beach party - however - I am getting married on a Saturday and they already do that. Would it be weird to have a seperate beach party? Is the Plantation resturant that crappy?

I have opted to go for the "free" package and have upgraded my room when booking our trip. I inquired about the minister fees and Keisha advised me it is $500. Is that correct?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Originally Posted by Yassy View Post

Hi KDoyle~Are you able to clarify for me if the price points you mentioned to rent the disco with bar/bar tender/dj are for the full 2 hours? Or are those prices per hour?

Thanks so much for all the great details you've been providing!!

Yassy.

Hi Yassy, Sorry I am so late in replying - I am going absolutely crazy between work and finalizing the wedding details! We are 7 weeks away and I still don't have  florist, and whole lot of other things crybaby2.gif.....so I haven't been on here the last while. Those prices are for the 2hr reception as per Keisha's email to me. 

Let me know if there is anything else you need , I am always happy to help where I can ;) 

Kerry

Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 View Post

Anybody staying for 2 weeks in Jamaica? We are going to stay two weeks but we are going to do our second week in Negril. We were looking at a adults only but its pretty pricey. Might just end up at the Riu Negril for the second week. But debating if we should wait last minute to book that and not do it through our TA. Any body book their second week on their own?

Hey Danielle03, 

So we just booked out Honeymoon this week, so we are staying for another 5 nights. We originally thought of staying in Negril for the second week but seeing as Ocho Rios is on the opposite end I wasn't really in favor of wasting so much of the extra 5 nights traveling 2.5hrs to get to the new resort....and then having to leave early on the day we leave early ....so we decided to stay at the Sandals Royal Carribean in Montego Bay...we are super excited -the place is beautiful. I used all the Airmiles I had to pay for 1 of us, and paid the cash for the second. I really wanted to have a place with no children and that was quiet and Honeymoon like :) I figured after a week of partying with so many at the Riu the quiet and relaxation is what we needed before going home :) Sandals has deals even if you book directly with them right now and they have soooo many resorts in Jamaica. Good luck!

Originally Posted by KDoyle View Post

Hey Danielle03, 

So we just booked out Honeymoon this week, so we are staying for another 5 nights. We originally thought of staying in Negril for the second week but seeing as Ocho Rios is on the opposite end I wasn't really in favor of wasting so much of the extra 5 nights traveling 2.5hrs to get to the new resort....and then having to leave early on the day we leave early ....so we decided to stay at the Sandals Royal Carribean in Montego Bay...we are super excited -the place is beautiful. I used all the Airmiles I had to pay for 1 of us, and paid the cash for the second. I really wanted to have a place with no children and that was quiet and Honeymoon like :) I figured after a week of partying with so many at the Riu the quiet and relaxation is what we needed before going home :) Sandals has deals even if you book directly with them right now and they have soooo many resorts in Jamaica. Good luck!

AWESOME! thanks for that info! we are now considering montego bay also. As thats where we have to catch our flight on the monday back. We dont know what our times are yet for any of that as its too far awayy.

I will definetly check that resort out. Im hoping that some of our hotel fees can be discounted a bit if we get 16 ppl to book for the wedding. that will help a little bit, and every bit helps! Today is my research day on Resorts in Montego bay. My TA got us a pretty good rate for the RIU in negril, which is still an option if we dont find anything we like. Always wanted to stay in NEGRIL for the 7 mile beach. I love the sand and water. But im sure Montego Bay is beautiful as well.

I wonder if our credit card points can go towards a Hotel rather then a flight. Hmmm something to check into! :) We havent decided if we are going to use the TA for the second week or not. I love her but if i can find something cheaper I would def go with that.

Was that sandals for all inclusive? or do you have to pay for drinks/food extra?

Your big day is coming up soon! Cant wait to hear how it goes and any advice/pics you wanna share!