Photo

What Did/Will Your DH/FI Give You As A Wedding Gift?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 Karen

Karen
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:15 AM

We had agreed not to do gifts because we were paying for everything ourselves. Neither one of us paid attention though. I got Jay a Skagen (sp?)watch with an engraved message to him. His ring is titanium so it can't be engraved. I just wanted to thank him for all the hard work he did in planning our day and i wanted him to have something on our wedding day that was engraved.

Jay got me a beautiful one of a kind fresh water pearl necklace and earrings from a local and well known jewelry designer. We also exchanged cards that we opened on wedding day before the ceremony.
    <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#22 JulieG

JulieG
    • VIP Member
    • 8,323 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:34 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by foxytv
      lol. Most jewelry stores can do it for you. I would go to a reputable jewely store and if they don't do it, they can refer you to another place.

I wouldn't take it to a Things Remembered or anywhere like that b/c that ring is too expensive/meaningful. I'd only deal with a jeweler or someone they refer you to.
      Thanks for the advice. We are having a lot of problems right now with my rings, so I will not go where we bought the rings, and when we finally get them I will look into this. How long does it usually take? Any idea?

#23 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:52 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Julesr
        Thanks for the advice. We are having a lot of problems right now with my rings, so I will not go where we bought the rings, and when we finally get them I will look into this. How long does it usually take? Any idea?
        It should only take a day or two.

#24 Jenn

Jenn
        • 1,557 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 11:37 AM

I'm planning on getting b-pics and a pair of really nice cufflinks for Sam. If I don't do the b-pics, I'll get him a watch. He wants this crazy expensive one, but I guess I wanted a crazy expensive e-ring - lol!

#25 chicago88

chicago88
          • 699 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:10 PM

Can someone tell me what B - pics stands for?? Thanks!!

Therese & Jay
            Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
            http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#26 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
            • VIP Member
            • 2,861 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:39 PM

We are not exchaning gifts. SInce we have a joint account it would just feel like we were buying our own gifts. Our wedding bands will be our gifts to each other

#27 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
              • VIP Member
              • 2,861 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:39 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by chicago88
                Budoir Photos

#28 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 05:19 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Hopels
                  I'm planning on getting b-pics and a pair of really nice cufflinks for Sam. If I don't do the b-pics, I'll get him a watch. He wants this crazy expensive one, but I guess I wanted a crazy expensive e-ring - lol!
                  If you are doing anything w/ Starfish, I got a really nice pair of sterling silver cufflinks for Tom on eBay.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by chicago88
                  It's for boudoir photos, those dirty sexy pics we have made for our honeys.

#29 MelissaH

MelissaH
                  • 1,724 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 06:25 PM

John bought me a really pretty white gold anklet (I haven't taken it off since our wedding day!) with the cutest little heart charm on it.

He wanted to do something to honour his mom at our wedding...we left an empty chair for her, but without him knowing I had one of the only pictures we have of his mom restored (we literally only have like 3 pictures of his mom, this was the only good one and it was in bad shape) and bought a really nice frame and had it engraved with a poem about his mom looking down on him from heaven on his wedding day. We had it on the table with our cake and everything...it ended up really pretty. That was my gift to him.

You can see it here:
                    Click the image to open in full size.

#30 *JillD*

*JillD*
                    • 5,112 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 06:33 PM

FI wanted a tag heuer watch, but we really don't have the money for it. We ended up deciding at the last minute to go to the outerbanks with our friends, which we weren't going to do because money was tight, but we went and we told each other that was our wedding gift, lol. He knows he'll get his watch eventually, probably first anniversary, we just can't swing it right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users