Photo

What Did/Will Your DH/FI Give You As A Wedding Gift?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#11 royfa

royfa
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:27 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dragonfly
    We just gave each other our wedding bands, our wedding present was our ttd. It was the best thing we could have spent our money on, we had fun, it was romantic, sexy, and I wish we could do it again, the perfect wedding gift.
    I think we will do the TTD session for our wedding present along with the wedding bands & I want to have is wedding band engraved...
    Fannie & Pierre

#12 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:31 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by dragonfly
      We just gave each other our wedding bands, our wedding present was our ttd. It was the best thing we could have spent our money on, we had fun, it was romantic, sexy, and I wish we could do it again, the perfect wedding gift.
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by royfa
      I think we will do the TTD session for our wedding present along with the wedding bands & I want to have is wedding band engraved...
      I haven't even TOLD Tom about the TTD, because he is ssoo NOT a picture-loving person. It was like pulling teeth to get him to do our engagement photos. I know he will do them, but I guess that will be like my wedding gift to me, since I'm paying for them too. LOL.

#13 tvt

tvt
      • VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:33 PM

our wedding bands are going to be our presents to each other... along with an engraving that we'll try to keep secret until the wedding. (we'll see how that goes!)

#14 andreslove

andreslove
        • 227 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:33 PM

We both got each other pictures. He framed a picture of us with our names and the saying "Through thick and thin" which is our little motto and I gave him the B-pics. It was so ironic though because usually I would get him something sweet and thoughtful, but he gave me it instead and here I am with the B-pics which is something that I would never had done before joining this forum :)

#15 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by andreslove
            We both got each other pictures. He framed a picture of us with our names and the saying "Through thick and thin" which is our little motto and I gave him the B-pics. It was so ironic though because usually I would get him something sweet and thoughtful, but he gave me it instead and here I am with the B-pics which is something that I would never had done before joining this forum :)
            LOL. That is sweet!

#16 JulieG

JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:50 PM

I am not help because I still have no idea. Yes, our wedding is in 1 month, 3 weeks and 6 days and I have no idea.

I mentioned gifts to him and he said we don't need to do that. But, I still feel like I should give him something on our wedding day. So, I have no idea what I am going to do. Money is tight, so it can't be too pricey.

Sorry, I told you I would be no help. lol

#17 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:59 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Julesr
                I am not help because I still have no idea. Yes, our wedding is in 1 month, 3 weeks and 6 days and I have no idea.

I mentioned gifts to him and he said we don't need to do that. But, I still feel like I should give him something on our wedding day. So, I have no idea what I am going to do. Money is tight, so it can't be too pricey.

Sorry, I told you I would be no help. lol
                If money is tight and he already said not to, why not just a heartfelt card? Words can speak volumes ... and mean more than any gift!

Have you gotten his ring engraved? That doesn't cost much and is very meaningful!

#18 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
                • 679 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:40 PM

Right now I am planning on getting him BD pics and getting his ring engraved. Depending on what the budget looks like closer to the wedding, I may get him a watch. He found one that tells the temperature. (He's a weather junkie.) It is like $800 though.
                  Brittney & Peter
                  July 12, 2008
                  Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#19 JulieG

JulieG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,323 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:04 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by foxytv
                    If money is tight and he already said not to, why not just a heartfelt card? Words can speak volumes ... and mean more than any gift!

Have you gotten his ring engraved? That doesn't cost much and is very meaningful!
                    I was just thinking today about doing this. Where do I go, any jewellery store, or somewhere specific. How long does it usually take? I think its a nice idea. I have some things in mind to put on in, our date for sure, so he remembers our anniversarys. lol

#20 foxytv

foxytv
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:06 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Julesr
                      I was just thinking today about doing this. Where do I go, any jewellery store, or somewhere specific. How long does it usually take? I think its a nice idea. I have some things in mind to put on in, our date for sure, so he remembers our anniversarys. lol
                      lol. Most jewelry stores can do it for you. I would go to a reputable jewely store and if they don't do it, they can refer you to another place.

I wouldn't take it to a Things Remembered or anywhere like that b/c that ring is too expensive/meaningful. I'd only deal with a jeweler or someone they refer you to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users