Photo

Vaccinations/Healthy Travel

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 2ndtimebride

2ndtimebride
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:40 AM

We JUST decided on the Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana for March next year! Are any other DR brides recommending vaccinations or other preventive health precautions to guests? (e.g., cholera vaccine, malaria meds, avoiding drinking ANY water even on the campus of the resorts, etc.)  Obviously, the recent cholera outbreak is concerning me! 

#2 Train13

Train13
    • 33 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:48 AM

We are heading there in June- I am not recommending vaccines to our guests, but I am going to ask our pediatrician about our 15 month old daughter.  We are big into hand sanitizers and bottled water, and I hope this is enough to help keep us healthy while we're down there. 

Maybe we should look into vaccines.  It can't hurt to ask your PCP what they would recommend for your trip.  Better safe than sorry.

#3 2ndtimebride

2ndtimebride
      • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:11 AM

I just told my fiance we are putting hand sanitizer in our welcome bags!! 

#4 Miss Sunshyne

Miss Sunshyne
        • 222 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:58 AM

I took my son to the Pediatrician for his annual check up and I told him we were traveling in November and he instantly recommended Hepatitis A Vaccine, it has to do with something in the water in other countries that can harm children more than adults, it's given in two doses 6 months apart.... Thank God I took him now

11.12.2011 "Living for the Love of you" Paradisus Punta Cana

#5 spaterson

spaterson
          • 123 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:24 AM

We aren't recommending any vaccinations for the trip. The CDC keeps updated information and only recommends the routine vaccinations unless traveilng to more remote areas:

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov...n-republic.aspx

#6 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
            • 1,917 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:49 AM

Hep A and Hep B vaccinations are great to have even if you don't travel. They are so easily spread.

#7 Oryx

Oryx
              • 727 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:35 AM

We didn't recommend any vaccines, but the Hep A and Hep B ones might be a good idea.  I wouldn't take the malaria meds though... they are really hardcore and your chances of getting malaria while staying in a Punta Cana resort are pretty slim.

#8 mandys

mandys
                • 181 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

I dont think im going to recommend anything. You should be pretty safe on the resort from tainted water and what not.

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
                  April 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users