Melia Caribe Tropical Brides

Hello to all of the Melia Caribe Tropical Brides..... I am getting married on November 18, 2011 at the Melia and have a few questions. Does anyone know what kinds of decoration upgrades you can get for the garden gazebo, as far as chairs, flowers, etc.? I am looking to upgrade my original package to the tropical fairy tale package but wanted to upgrade the decor of the gazebo. Also, has anyone had a private reception at the amphitheatre? Or any suggestions on locations for a private reception.

Thanks!!!!

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How was your wedding? I am considering getting married at the Melia Caribe and having my reception in the Amphitheatre as well. Do you mind me asking how much you paid for everything? You could send it in a PM if you're not comfortable discussing that in the forum. I'm trying to estimate the cost of a wedding there with a private reception. I would like to try to make my Destination Wedding have the same feel as if we were to get married in a city.

Congratulations on your wedding!! My wedding date is January 2013 and I choose a beach wedding and a private reception at the amphitheatre as well. I'm curious to know if everything turned out 100% the way you wanted it. Also is it possible to know what photographer and DJ, you choose? As you know it takes forever for anyone to contact you back with answers to your questions and it drives me crazy lol! Your feedback will really help a lot :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ladies!

Congrats to you all! I am planning a destination wedding at the Melia Caribe Tropical for March or April 2013...have you guys looked into the best time of year for a wedding there, based on weather or travel costs?

My fiance proposed to me at the Melia this past December and worked with the Romance Department to set up a private dinner on the beach and a horse and carriage ride---it was beyond perfect!

I am not sure  I need a travel agent since I know the resort and its staff rather well, but I was wondering if you were working with any that know this resort?

Thanks!

Jenn

Hello everybody!

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. We are Caribbean Celebrations, an authorized decor company for Melia Caribe Tropical. You can contact us for information about your wedding decoration and we will be glad to help you.

e mail asistente@caribbeancelebrations.info

web site http://www.weddingsandeventsinpuntacana.com

Facebook http://facebook.com/caribbeancelebrations

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jenitza,

I am also looking at booking in Jan 2013!  What day are you thinking?

Did you get any more info. or the DJ or photographer options?

I know they recoomend Acrafice (speeling?) for photogrpahy but I am wondering if there are other options.....

Ladies just an FYI Melia uses Arrecife Studios and doesnt have any other options. They do however charge a $1000 vendor fee if you use any other photographer other than Arrecife...yes I know outrageous!! I have a site visit scheduled this week, we leave Thursday. I plan to come back with a full report, a ton of answers and a shit load of pics! Keep you all posted!!