Is this rude? it sounds rude to me and i wrote it LOL

Our wedding is in 6 weeks, our RSVP date was 3 weeks ago. We have only received about 40% of the returned, stamped and addressed envelopes. I honestly don't even know why I included them and wasted the money on stamps. People are so inconsiderate.  I hope that they at least used the stamps to send something else in the mail, even if it was to pay their hydro bills!

It is their own fault if they miss out on early booking rates. Our resort rates were the same and the air fare has only increased. The only thing I would comment on is that some people can't plan that far in advance due to work or financial restrictions. I know it's tough to accept, but I would be happy if a bunch of people managed to make it at the last minute.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the feedback. I am starting to realize that no matter how easy you try to make it for people they will still march to the beat of their own drum! Its just frustrating to me because i am trying to make my wedding perfect and for planning sake, ordering favors, budgeting at the resort for head count etc it would be nice to know or even have an idea. It is what it is.I do appreciate the feedback! you know when you write something and read it a hundred times, you will never be the best judge of your own stuff, its nice to have a second set of eyes and in this case LOTS of other eyes!

I will send out the simple and friendly reminder next week and hopefully it will encourage at least a few more responses and then just plan from there and whatever happens happens :) i cant control everything as much as i'd like to LOL i'm a control freak, what can i say....at least i can admit it

embarrest.gif

I need to just work with what i have or i will make myself crazy stupid.gif

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

I hope that they at least used the stamps to send something else in the mail, even if it was to pay their hydro bills!

this cracked me up!! LOL

Originally Posted by Janet1480 View Post

Thanks for all the feedback. I am starting to realize that no matter how easy you try to make it for people they will still march to the beat of their own drum! Its just frustrating to me because i am trying to make my wedding perfect and for planning sake, ordering favors, budgeting at the resort for head count etc it would be nice to know or even have an idea. It is what it is.I do appreciate the feedback! you know when you write something and read it a hundred times, you will never be the best judge of your own stuff, its nice to have a second set of eyes and in this case LOTS of other eyes!

I will send out the simple and friendly reminder next week and hopefully it will encourage at least a few more responses and then just plan from there and whatever happens happens :) i cant control everything as much as i'd like to LOL i'm a control freak, what can i say....at least i can admit it

embarrest.gif

I need to just work with what i have or i will make myself crazy stupid.gif

I'm a control freak too. You're on the right track! Just breathe (as I have to remind myself to do regularly LOL) and let the cards fall where they may. Soon enough, you'll be married to your one-and-only and all of this will be water under the bridge!

Don't forget to show us pics of your fabulous reminder postcard when its done! cheesy.gif

LOL I will...i'm going to work on them this week. :)

Originally Posted by acireta View Post

this cracked me up!! LOL

I'm a control freak too. You're on the right track! Just breathe (as I have to remind myself to do regularly LOL) and let the cards fall where they may. Soon enough, you'll be married to your one-and-only and all of this will be water under the bridge!

Don't forget to show us pics of your fabulous reminder postcard when its done! cheesy.gif

I would be looking to get that out ASAP if your deadline is Mar 31. You don't want them to receive the reminder with 2 days to respond! I would aim to get them out so they arrive with at least a week before the deadline! The second wording is way more casual, I like it!

Hey Janet,

I totally hear you on this one. We are getting married May 5, 2011 and our RSVP deadline was 4 weeks ago and we still have 27% of our invites are still outstanding.

The most frustrating thing about it is that most of those are to very close family and friends (like my fiancee's siblings and all of my fathers siblings and their children). We had asked people to RSVP to both our DW and our at-home-reception in the same card - which was an ordeal in itself, since we've realized that most people DON'T READ instructions.

We are sending out the information cards for the At Home Reception, so for those people that haven't returned their RSVP (or called or emailed us) we enclosed a small "friendly reminder" card to let them know that the deadline has passed and that they can still call, email or send back the RSVP. Lets hope this works.

Honestly, I just don't get it since I'm pretty sure that most of the late responders are not coming, I'd think that it would be a lot easier to decline by mail rather than having to answer us point blank over the phone.

Oh, one last thing... we were at a friend's gathering the weekend of Feb 25th and asked one of the couples whether they were coming, since we hadn't yet received their reply. They said, "well I figured you knew were couldn't come to the Dominican Wedding". How can people be so dim? My response was, "how would we know that? Of course they had no answer for that ;) - we still haven't gotten their RSVP yet!! ARGHHHHH it is so frustrating!

I have to ask myself if any of these people have planned an event before LO I'm in the same boat as you, most of the non responders are FI's family...and a few of my family as well although his family is much larger then mine! I dont see how hard it is to respond  confused.gif

Its very frustrating! Unfortunately we cant change it!

Are you planning extra favors or anything as back up in case you have a bunch of last minute attendees? I would rather have more then not enough but then again i dont want to spend extra money for nothing!

Originally Posted by welljen View Post

Hey Janet,

I totally hear you on this one. We are getting married May 5, 2011 and our RSVP deadline was 4 weeks ago and we still have 27% of our invites are still outstanding.

The most frustrating thing about it is that most of those are to very close family and friends (like my fiancee's siblings and all of my fathers siblings and their children). We had asked people to RSVP to both our DW and our at-home-reception in the same card - which was an ordeal in itself, since we've realized that most people DON'T READ instructions.

We are sending out the information cards for the At Home Reception, so for those people that haven't returned their RSVP (or called or emailed us) we enclosed a small "friendly reminder" card to let them know that the deadline has passed and that they can still call, email or send back the RSVP. Lets hope this works.

Honestly, I just don't get it since I'm pretty sure that most of the late responders are not coming, I'd think that it would be a lot easier to decline by mail rather than having to answer us point blank over the phone.

Oh, one last thing... we were at a friend's gathering the weekend of Feb 25th and asked one of the couples whether they were coming, since we hadn't yet received their reply. They said, "well I figured you knew were couldn't come to the Dominican Wedding". How can people be so dim? My response was, "how would we know that? Of course they had no answer for that ;) - we still haven't gotten their RSVP yet!! ARGHHHHH it is so frustrating!

I agree! I am giving my mail box until Friday :) LOL After that i will have the reminders ready to go and in the mail by the end of the weekend. I am feeling slightly creative tonight so i am trying to put a rough draft together of what i could send out...i'll post shortly :) let me know what you think

Originally Posted by Debs View Post

I would be looking to get that out ASAP if your deadline is Mar 31. You don't want them to receive the reminder with 2 days to respond! I would aim to get them out so they arrive with at least a week before the deadline!

The second wording is way more casual, I like it!

So this is very rough version in terms of design and esthetics. I was just playing around in publisher :) however you get the idea of messaging....what do you think? am i missing anything? This is SOOOO much more light hearted and not as blunt LOL ....maybe I'm not as cranky this evening LOL :)

Post card format 4 x 6

This is the front

remember to RSVP front.jpg

This is the back.....

remember to RSVP back.jpg