Photo

Hilton Brides

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ali0624

Ali0624
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:11 AM

Did any of the Hilton brides use the chef there for their wedding cake? When I did my site visit awhile back, we tasted cakes and found one we really liked. But, I am a little nervous when it comes to the appearance. Does anyone have any comments on their cake at the Hilton? Thanks ladies.
    Click the image to open in full size.
    Ali

#2 Golden

Golden
    • 354 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:56 PM

I am using Jennifer Hatton, my wedding is not until july 08

#3 NYJen

NYJen
      • 1,326 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:00 PM

I'm getting married at the Hilton in April 08. I seeked out Jennifer Hatton on my own and met her during my site visit in July. Turns out she is who the Hilton outsources anyway.

#4 LGENDEIN

LGENDEIN
        • 59 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:36 PM

We liked the Hilton cake also. When we did the site visit they introduced us to the pastery chef, but when we inquired about it later they said it was Jennifer Hatton who does the cakes. Our's was ok. Just make sure it's baked the same day as your wedding and not in advance. It will defiantly taste different it they make it ahead and refriderate it.

#5 JENESIS

JENESIS
          • 394 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:46 AM

I didn't do a cake. I had mini tres leches, opera and churros. Very good, but I just never actually saw a full cake.

#6 Ali0624

Ali0624
            • 72 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:22 AM

Interesting. So I've heard good things about Jennifer on the forum. Was everyone happy with the appearance? I had shown the chef at the Hilton a pic of a cake I liked, and he said they had never done anything like it before. It made me a little nervous about trying it. Maybe I should ask who will actually be doing the cake. Also, does anyone know if there is a big price difference between going to Jennifer directly vs. going through the Hilton? I would guess that the Hilton would charge a fee to bring a cake in from outside, right? Time to do some investigating.... Click the image to open in full size.
              Ali

#7 NYJen

NYJen
              • 1,326 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:34 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ali0624
                Interesting. So I've heard good things about Jennifer on the forum. Was everyone happy with the appearance? I had shown the chef at the Hilton a pic of a cake I liked, and he said they had never done anything like it before. It made me a little nervous about trying it. Maybe I should ask who will actually be doing the cake. Also, does anyone know if there is a big price difference between going to Jennifer directly vs. going through the Hilton? I would guess that the Hilton would charge a fee to bring a cake in from outside, right? Time to do some investigating.... Click the image to open in full size.
                Since I did a room block at the Hilton, they are not charging me anything extra to bring in the cake from outside (I also had this added to my contract.) And they have waived the cake cutting fee.

Jennifer charges about $4.50 - $5.00 per person (not per slice like others do.) If you want a square cake, she charges an extra $10 per tier as a design fee since it takes her much longer to do. Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users