Majestic Colonial Review -- February 3, 2011

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 MrsSCK

MrsSCK
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:01 PM

Renee, 

Thank you so much for your review and price breakdown.  So helpful to the rest of us planning our weddings in DR!!

Congrats again!

Melanie

#12 hatfiehm

hatfiehm
    • 270 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:49 PM

Thank you for your detailed review and cost breakdown!! so helpful to even have a guideline to start developing a budget!  Thanks!!

Holly

Holly

#13 aaronlori

aaronlori
      • 159 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:11 PM

Oryx, you are a great resource of information! I saw that you had your done at the salon, do you remember the cost of the updo? I cannot for the life of me find that info anywhere. Thanks again for all your info! Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Oryx 

Hi ladies,

I have received several private messages asking me how much things cost.  I put together all of our expenses and I've included a breakdown below.  Some of these costs were paid to the hotel, and some were paid directly to vendors (i.e. photographer, videographer, DJ, etc.).  We did not get any special chairs or decoration packages -- the chairs come covered already with white chair covers and we brought the chair sashes with us.  They set everything up for us very nicely.

Here is the breakdown for our ceremony (all prices USD except our photographer who was CAD):

Symbolic wedding package: $1250

Pastor Rick York: $300

Day pass for Pastor York: $90

Bridesmaid flowers (2 bouquets + corsage for mom): $127.60

Boutonnieres (2 groomsmen + dad): $20.88

Decorations (aisle runner + tulle for gazebo + orchids lining walkway): $160

Trio live band: $300

Videography (Bright Light Moon package): $550

Photographer (Phil Steingard from Canada): $2600

Total for ceremony + photography = $5398

Here is the breakdown for our reception (all prices USD):

Presidential suite: $1000 ($500 deposit + $500 on site)
        DJ Mannia: $850 ($450 deposit + $400 on site)
        Day passes for DJ: $100
        Buffet 27 adults: $1871.10
        Buffet 2 children: $69.30
        National bar for 3 hours (27 adults): $1275.75
        White tent rental: $465
        Flowers: $320 (I didn't get a decoration package but wanted 4 large centerpieces)
        Cake decoration: $25 (5 flowers for the cake + we brought our own cake topper)

Total for reception = $5976

Note: check prices for DJ Mannia because he quoted us $900 at first.  He may be raising his prices for 2011 – best to confirm directly.  And I'm not sure why the day passes were cheaper for DJ Mannia than for Pastor Rick -- DJ Mannia brings a couple of guys, but maybe they have a special deal with the hotel. 

Also note that the videographer (Bright Light productions) is with the hotel, but you have to pay him cash directly the day after the wedding.

Total cost for wedding (not including travel, attire, favours, tips etc.) = $11,375

**These prices should be used as a guide only -- I hope this helps with your budgets! 

Best of luck! 

#14 MichCraw

MichCraw
        • 369 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:47 PM

Thank you so much for this... what a great you have been ... it's kind of confusing when we try to figure out with all this paper work and pricing they have sent us. Great way to keep on budget !!! Thanks Michele

#15 Oryx

Oryx
          • 727 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:24 AM

I'm glad this information is helpful!!  :)

Aaronlori -- the updo was $80, but the bride gets 10% off.  You can charge this to your room if you want, but bring some cash for the tip.

You can contact the Colonial spa directly at coordinadoraspa@majestic-resorts.com, although they can take a while to get back to you sometimes.

#16 MrsSCK

MrsSCK
            • 20 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:03 AM

Please help.  Majestic Elegance just told my travel agent that they are charging $1250.00 for DAY passes for vendors.  Including Pastor York and DJ Mannia.

How is this possible???  

#17 MrsSCK

MrsSCK
              • 20 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:10 AM

Sorry, I might be wrong.  I think some things got lost in translation!

#18 Oryx

Oryx
                • 727 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

Hmmm, they told me $90 for vendors and $50 for guests.  I don't think it would have raised that much!  :)

#19 aaronlori

aaronlori
                  • 159 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:08 AM

I think there was a mistake made on the part of whomever told you that MrsSCK. I'm sure when you ask for clarification you will get the accurate pricing! :) If that is the new price noone will ever bring in an outside photographer or other service ever again, making for some unhappy guests, lol.

#20 torpeak

torpeak
                    • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:43 PM

Can you tell me what part of the yr you were married?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users