Diva' s planning thread with pics!! Excellence Punta Cana March 14, 2011

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Diva

Diva
  • 682 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

The ceremony is 9 days from today, and we leave in 6, Hooray J

First of all thanks to all you ladies for the ideas and tips I received on here.  You guys are all awesome and I feel like I am taking a little piece of my “desties” with me since I would have never been able to pull it off without this site.  I never thought this day would come, but the year has gone by SO fast.  I joined the forum in December 2009, with so much confusion and so many questions, and everyone was so helpful clearing things up and calming my anxieties.  So without further ado, here are my goodies!

Sorry the pictures came out different sizes...

Dress and shoes for the welcome reception on Saturday night.  I found the dress at a cute boutique in New Orleans during Mardi Gras last year

P1000491.JPG

P1000493.JPG

My rehearsal dinner dress and shoes.  I actually wore the same outfit for our courthouse wedding in December. I figured it was an appropriate time to break it out again J

P1010088.JPG

P1010089.JPG

My hair flower.

P1000484.JPG

My reception shoes. I plan to put “I do” decals on the bottom (thanks VDay bride for the idea)

P1000485.JPG

My second pair of reception shoes, for when the heels become uncomfortable J

P1010090.JPG

My BM gifts from Tiffany & Co., I got them charms that fit their personalities.  They will also each get special canvas bags with the OOT contents in them (thanks to Bostonbride2009!)

P1000481.JPG

P1000486.JPG

MOH tanks.  Instead of one MOH and one BM, I chose to have 2 co-MOHs.  These are cute DIY iron ons from Ebay

P1010095.JPG

Bride hoodie from VS along with a cute t-shirt I found for the plane ride home!

P1010087.JPG

P1010091.JPG

My engagement ring. Asscher cut custom design

P1010092.JPG

And my eternity wedding band, also custom with rounds and princess cut diamonds turned sideways.

P1010086.JPG

His wedding band.  He doesn’t wear jewelry so he wanted to keep it simple with Tungsten Carbide.

P1010081.JPG

My STD magnets. Sent them out March 2010

P1000496.JPG

Our pre-travel packet sent in January.  It includes our newsletter the Team Davis Tribune, along with the formal invitation, luggage tags, and a packing list.

P1010093.JPG

Our guestbook from the engagement party.  Full of photos of us and signatures from guests at the party.  I also had ladies sign them at both of my bridal showers.

P1010035.JPG

Our wedding guestbook, one of my girlfriends made it for us!

P1010096.JPG

Some of my OOT bag contents:

The "oh sh*t kit"

P1010097.JPG

Front and back of our door hangers, Spanish translation booklets, and welcome booklets

P1010098.JPG

We also are going to have organza bags filled with dried lavender on the ceremony seats for guests to throw as we leave down the aisle as husband and wife.  An alternative to bubbles or bird seed that smells WONDERFUL!

Wedding stationary: programs, itineraries, and menu cards from Precious Paiges out of Austin, TX. She does an AWESOME job!

P1010094.JPG

That’s all for now…I will post a review and pics when we return!

#2 SonyaR

SonyaR
    • 299 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:37 PM

Everything looks great. Love the MOH tank tops and your guest book looks so special. Have a great wedding.Hope we are able to meet up

#3 jules118

jules118
      • 22 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

Everything looks great!! Can't wait to see pics when you return! I love the "I <3 my hubby" shirt.

#4 Amanda+Dave

Amanda+Dave
        • 509 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:24 AM

Everything looks great!!!

Congratulations and good luck. Finally time to enjoy the results of all the hard work you put in planning!

Can't wait to see your review.

#5 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
          • 594 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:02 AM

Very nice!! Awe I can't wait to start working on mine. Today I'm going to buy some stuff for our OOT bags. Are you going to post any templates? I really like the layout of your Tribune letter as well as your packing list.

Thanks!

Tiffany

#6 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
            • 2,233 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:11 AM

you did a really good job. have a wonderful wedding!

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#7 c&j

c&j
              • 113 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:16 AM

Have a fantastic time!  Love all your details and the clever S*** kit!

Secrets Maroma Beach

#8 KCB2011

KCB2011
                • 308 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:25 PM

Everything looks great!  Have a fantastic time and congrats!

#9 marleydog

marleydog
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 144 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:54 PM

It looks fantastic, looking forward to the update when you get back.  Thanks for sharing & have a fantastic time.

August 4th 2011 - Sandals Antigua Grande Resort & Spa.

#10 Diva

Diva
                    • 682 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:37 PM

Islandgirl: The packing lists I will probably be selling when I return. I actually got them from a bride off of here and I should have an extra pack.

As for the template, I will post it from my work computer probably upon my return as well since I have a short week this week and it will be hectic at work! I only have a Mac at home and publisher doesn't transfer over well...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users