Photo

Has anyone booked the wedding in the same year they want to get married in?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:40 AM

It's Mar 04th now waiting for the coordinator to get back to me and I have a little less then 9 months till the date I want. Has any one booked their wedding that late? Or for the same year?

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica November 22nd-2011.

#2 angel366

angel366
    • 90 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:15 AM

i just booked my wedding date and it is a little over two months away (may 16th!) BUT we didn't care which date it was so we just picked whichever sunset time they had available. if you have a certain date in mind-depending on the time of the year and if you are flexible with times...you may still be OK but I would be quick about getting it set in stone.

#3 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
      • 200 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:37 AM

Yah tell me about it I tried to call the coordinator yesterday no answer and no voice mail came on, I guess I'll keep trying

#4 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
        • 376 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:54 AM

We booked our date about 6 months before the wedding and got the date we wanted with no problem.  I think the date itself would determine how hard it is to get though (eg. 11/11/11 would probably be impossible now).  Which resort are you trying to finalize your date with?  Maybe someone has some other contact info you can try for a better response. 

#5 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
          • 200 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:29 AM

I'm looking at November 24th-2011 it is the us thanksgiving hoping most americans will stay home LOL I am trying to get the Gran Bahia in Jamaica they have i think like 800 rooms. I also read in one thread the coordinator's extension number which i didn't have so gonna try that maybe tonight.

#6 marleydog

marleydog
            • Site Supporter
            • 144 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:39 AM

Hi FleetMac Bride,

Sorry to hear you're not getting anywhere with your Coordinator.  We booked our wedding Jan 3rd for August 4th. We did go through a TA though.  Not sure if this made any differance.

Good luck & hope you get your date soon.

August 4th 2011 - Sandals Antigua Grande Resort & Spa.

#7 lesee

lesee
              • 320 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:43 AM

We booked in january and getting married in april

#8 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
                • 200 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:58 AM

Thanks Ladies!!! that is reassuring hopefully November isn't too busy of a month

#9 krazedtrader

krazedtrader
                  • 23 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:50 PM

I just booked for wedding in Dec

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                    • 11,659 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:21 PM

alot of destination wedding brides book in less than 9 months....you'll be fine!  I booked mine 8 months before my wedding.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users