Hoping to get married November 2011

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:23 AM

Hello Everyone

Waiting to hear back from the coordinator hoping to get my date booked at Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica. I hope I can get my date some of the brides seem to book over a year in advance. Wish me luck

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica November 22nd-2011.

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:18 AM

Good luck!  When we booked our date we had an idea of around when we wanted to get married and had to be a little bit flexible.  If you are set on one specific day, there may not be any availability, so you will more then likely need to be a little flexible.  We booked in Jan 11 for our wedding in Jan 12 so Im sure you will have no problem!

#3 GVphotographer

GVphotographer
    • 2,667 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:40 AM

Hi,
    Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

#4 FutureMrsDawson

FutureMrsDawson
    • 154 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:43 AM

Welcome to the site....check out the thread what I would and Wouldn't do....it's awesome when you are planning :)

http://www.bestdesti...00#post_1558306

#5 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
      • 200 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:04 AM

Hey everyone thanks for all the help got the date set this week-end so YAH for me :)

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica November 22nd-2011.

#6 hulagirl132

hulagirl132
        • 194 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:33 AM

Welcome to the forum and good luck on setting your venue and date. I didn't book mine until 7 months out and I think there's plenty of time to plan after that.

The venue, hotel and dates were the big items for me. I am 3 months out and I am starting to work on the details now.

~Married at Las Caletas, Puerto Vallarta on May 30, 2011~

#7 kimbos

kimbos
          • 150 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:52 AM

Congratulations and happy planning!

#8 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
            • Vendor
            • 2,782 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:25 PM

It's good to book far in advance,especially if you want a specific date. Some hotels can only do 1 wedding per day( some can do many...) so it's good to make sure you would be the one marrying that day :)

Happy planning!

#9 nairay

nairay
              • 156 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:00 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!  You'll find tons of great information here!  Definitely have some flexibility when choosing your date (if you want a Saturday, consider Friday or Monday if your guests might make it an extended vacation).  Good luck!

#10 Aphrodite

Aphrodite
                • 178 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:13 AM

I booked with Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana and I did that in February I believe.

I was looking for November 11, 2011 and almost EVERYWHERE I looked the date was booked (the whole 11/11/11 appeal lol).  But I did find my date with them.

Best advice I got from my TA was that when I'm emailing the WCs from these hotels, if you don't get a good turnaround time in their responses - look elsewhere.  These are people that you have to deal with via email all the way up until you arrive to your destination.  Communication is key!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users