Photo

Windy Jamaica and a veil

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 xtenna

xtenna
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:54 AM

if you have a longer veil, you can hold it down...fingertip would probably be better, you would have more control

June 3, 2011 Cabo San Lucas

#12 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
    • 995 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:56 AM

yeah, i'm with you kellygrrrl...i love the thought of a cathedral length veil..if only i could decide on one...  :-)  R~

#13 missmeliss

missmeliss
      • 172 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

I also plan to wear a veil!  I am sure I can make it work somehow.

November 26th 2011 - Gran Bahai Principe Jamacia
        Booked: 31 Adults + 5 children + Bride and Groom!!!

#14 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
        • 179 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:41 PM

I am wearing my veil for the ceremony then a flower for the reception (changing into something less formal)

#15 Stacey00

Stacey00
          • 40 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:59 PM

I'm planning on wearing a chapel/cathedral veil (something that extends just past my train).

I love the look of cathedral veils so i'm just going for it!

#16 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
            • 614 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:54 AM

hey ladies - what about this? veil weights!! genius!!

http://www.savetheveil.com/

they're a bit pricy at $65/package - I bet you could DIY with some pearls and flat magnets and then stick them wherever on your dress or veil to prevent a lot of the wind.

if anyone is willing to invest in some, we could get a share going. if six people signed up, it would drop the price to $11 each!

#17 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
              • 179 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

FOLLOW UP:

I ended up wearing a long veil on the beach for my wedding.  It was windy and there was a storm that was due to hit and I was fine with my veil here are some pics of it.  BTW I bought 2 veils a long one and short one for my reception dress. and paid $30 for both on ebay!

I am wearing my veil for the ceremony then a flower for the reception (changing into something less formal)

#18 kat2012

kat2012
                • 602 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

I think it depends more on what you want to wear and your personality, I wore veil for my BD shoot, I had it on for about 30. Did I ever hated it!! I could not wait to take it off. LOL

But I know myself if I wanted to wear one to my wedding, nothing would stop me :D

I think you should just go with what you want, it is the only chance you will be able to wear one!!

#19 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
                  • 614 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

heee, I was talking hairstyles today with my salon guru, and I confessed that I think I'm more excited about the veil than the dress!! : )

thanks for the follow-up, erika. I'm glad to know that it worked out with a chapel-length veil. I may try some DIY experimentation with veil weights or investigate the invisible snaps, but it's good to know it would work even without either of those. I'm also planning to wear the veil under my updo (and not above) so it can be easily removed without disturbing the hairstyle, just in case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users