Photo

May 2012

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#201 AD2012

AD2012
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

You never know, maybe some of your friends are waiting to book last minute?

We're kind of experiencing the opposite, Not very many of our family members are coming ,mostly friends. Our parents and siblings are coming but that's about it. Like past brides have said, everyone who is coming really wants to be there and are there for the right reasons. Regardless of who makes it or doesn't you will have an amazing time. Stay focused on the positive. :)

Originally Posted by kitkat863 

I know exactly how everyone feels regarding people attending. We only have 17 and 3 of those are children 5 and under! We only have 1 friend going which is kind of disappointing because we thought more friends would come. I understand it's hard and expensive but when we have traveled for people we thought they would do the same in return. We only have immediate family and one friend attending. Oh well, we will still have so much fun!!! :)

#202 kitkat863

kitkat863
    • 243 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:59 AM

Haha I think we are having the same wedding!! :)

I had a lot of family (immediate family) complain and whine about me having to get married in Mexico and told me I would regret it. I'm pretty sure that once we are there they are going to eat their words! Even with a small amount of people going I know we are going to have fun and I'm sure that there will be some people that wished they would have gone!

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

OMG, are we having the same wedding?  HA, j/k!  but this sounds almost exactly like me and FI.  I have also traveled for friends, so I assumed they liked me enough to do the same.  The only friend we have going is my FI's GM, and that was a struggle to get him and his wife to go!   We have 19 coming and 2 of those people are kids 7 and under.  The rest is immediate family (mostly mine) coming.  But hey, at least we have some peeps there!  :)  And you are right, it is going to be soooooo much fun!!!!

#203 kitkat863

kitkat863
      • 243 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:01 AM

It was really hard at first to stay positive because I was surrounded by a lot of negativitiy but now I'm even more sure that this is what I wanted and am so happy that I didn't give in to please everyone else. Unfortunately most of the rooms are booked up at our resort (at least that is what I was told) so if they are planning on waiting they won't get a room! We are going to have a great time no matter what! :)

Originally Posted by AD2012 

You never know, maybe some of your friends are waiting to book last minute?

We're kind of experiencing the opposite, Not very many of our family members are coming ,mostly friends. Our parents and siblings are coming but that's about it. Like past brides have said, everyone who is coming really wants to be there and are there for the right reasons. Regardless of who makes it or doesn't you will have an amazing time. Stay focused on the positive. :)

#204 kks2012

kks2012
        • Site Supporter
        • 241 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

One of my bridesmaids informed me she received an email say that "My bridesmaids' dresses have arrived!" Exciting!

#205 kks2012

kks2012
          • Site Supporter
          • 241 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

One of my bridesmaids informed me she received an email say that "My bridesmaids' dresses have arrived!" Exciting!

#206 Sharon99

Sharon99
            • 1,301 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

That's awesome!! 

#207 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
              • 675 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

YAY!!  That is very exciting. 

I found out yesterday that my dress came in, best feeling!!  :)

Originally Posted by kks2012 

#208 queenoftheu

queenoftheu
                • 87 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:24 AM

I can't believe we're only 4 months away! It's so exciting! Our RSVP date is February 1st, so I'll be able to start working on favors and OOT bags soon! I think we'll end up right around 25.

#209 AD2012

AD2012
                  • 240 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:55 PM

106 days until we leave for Mexico! I feel soo unprepared!!

#210 BunnyBride

BunnyBride
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 49 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

Me too!!! I am starting to freak out a bit...

Originally Posted by AD2012 

106 days until we leave for Mexico! I feel soo unprepared!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users