Jump to content

Photo

May 2012


  • Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#181 AD2012

AD2012
  • Jr. Member
  • 240 posts

    Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

    I totally get it! We have 28 guests booked and approx 10 who haven’t booked yet who are waiting for better deals etc. I understand a DW can be a big expense for guests and we’re extremely grateful for those who are coming but it would be nice to have a more clear number for planning purposes. I’ve been hesitant to start buying OOT stuff because we don’t have a concrete number yet. I’m anxious to get started though!

     

    Good Luck, hopefully everyone books soon! 
     

    Originally Posted by Allie2012 

    Hey Ladies, just noticed this thread, my date is May 18, 2012 at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa, Riviera Maya, Mexico!

     

    Ok so is anyone else frustrated sitting and waiting for their guests to book!? We have 32 booked, 6 confirmed but not yet booked, and about 10 maybes. I know it is still months away but I need to know how much OOT stuff to buy. I'm just worried that the 10 maybes might try to look for last minute deals or something, not realizing that I need to know my final numbers at least 3 months in advance. Sorry, just needed to vent to people who understand!



     



    #182 Jamie5280

    Jamie5280
    • Member
    • 675 posts

      Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:20 AM

      I completely understand, I think that's why this site is a god send!!!  We all understand.   However, if I were you I would be jumping up and down with excitement with all the people that have booked.  We are 2 weeks after you and we only have 2 people that have booked, and that's only their deposit.  You are going to have an amazing time no matter what!  It already sounds like you have a great amount of people that have showed you that they want to be there for you and your FI!  Concentrate on those coming!  It took me a long time to feel that way!  I felt bitter for a good 2 months!  HAHAHA!
       

      Originally Posted by Allie2012 

      Hey Ladies, just noticed this thread, my date is May 18, 2012 at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa, Riviera Maya, Mexico!

       

      Ok so is anyone else frustrated sitting and waiting for their guests to book!? We have 32 booked, 6 confirmed but not yet booked, and about 10 maybes. I know it is still months away but I need to know how much OOT stuff to buy. I'm just worried that the 10 maybes might try to look for last minute deals or something, not realizing that I need to know my final numbers at least 3 months in advance. Sorry, just needed to vent to people who understand!



       



      #183 Allie2012

      Allie2012
      • Jr. Member
      • 194 posts

        Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

        Thanks so much for your response, it's so nice to hear from other brides who are stressing about similar things!
         

        Originally Posted by AD2012 

        I totally get it! We have 28 guests booked and approx 10 who haven’t booked yet who are waiting for better deals etc. I understand a DW can be a big expense for guests and we’re extremely grateful for those who are coming but it would be nice to have a more clear number for planning purposes. I’ve been hesitant to start buying OOT stuff because we don’t have a concrete number yet. I’m anxious to get started though!

         

        Good Luck, hopefully everyone books soon! 
         



         



         

        Thank-you so much for your response Jamie, you made me realize that I should be more excited about the people that have booked and not focus on those who haven't! I guess I had a hard time accepting this as well. There are certain people (ppl I've been friends with for 15 years) that I thought for sure would come, but are on the fence. 

         

        But at least May is still months away, so your guests are bound to start reserving soon! The only reason we have so many booked is because they had to book by October 2011, in order to ensure the group rate.
         

        Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

        I completely understand, I think that's why this site is a god send!!!  We all understand.   However, if I were you I would be jumping up and down with excitement with all the people that have booked.  We are 2 weeks after you and we only have 2 people that have booked, and that's only their deposit.  You are going to have an amazing time no matter what!  It already sounds like you have a great amount of people that have showed you that they want to be there for you and your FI!  Concentrate on those coming!  It took me a long time to feel that way!  I felt bitter for a good 2 months!  HAHAHA!
         



         



         



        #184 Jamie5280

        Jamie5280
        • Member
        • 675 posts

          Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

          Believe me, I totally get it and I shed many many tears!  I, too have friends of 15 years that aren't coming and I never thought in a million years they would miss my wedding.  I was in all their weddings and one even had a destination wedding I was in!  It hurt (still does) and it will forever change the way I feel about them, but it's for the best!  If they really wanted to be there for me, they would make it work!  My new mantra is "The people who go, are the ones that are supposed to be there"  and that's all that matters now!  Our weddings will still be beautiful (and awesome!!!) w/o "those" people.

           

          But WE all get the frustration and sadness that comes with a destination wedding.  Again, that's why this site is so great, we can vent to each other and totally get it!!!!  HUGS!!!!
           




          Thank-you so much for your response Jamie, you made me realize that I should be more excited about the people that have booked and not focus on those who haven't! I guess I had a hard time accepting this as well. There are certain people (ppl I've been friends with for 15 years) that I thought for sure would come, but are on the fence. 

           

          But at least May is still months away, so your guests are bound to start reserving soon! The only reason we have so many booked is because they had to book by October 2011, in order to ensure the group rate.
           



           



           



          #185 AD2012

          AD2012
          • Jr. Member
          • 240 posts

            Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

            Jamie5280 -  you put it perfectly!  None of my family is coming except my mom and dad and sisters, it was hard for me accept that at first. I found myself surprised by a few of the people who actually did book.
             At the end of the day it makes me grateful that so many people are willing to come to our wedding, most of which aren't our families. But everyone who is going to be there is there for the right reason!

             

            I hope more of your friends/family book soon! Like Allie, we had to have our guests booked by Mid October for the group rate. The flight that we're taking was already sold out by August, so the seats we reserved were all we could get at the time. I looked on Air Canada's website last night and they now have flights leaving 6th but it's much more expensive..

             

             

            Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

            Believe me, I totally get it and I shed many many tears!  I, too have friends of 15 years that aren't coming and I never thought in a million years they would miss my wedding.  I was in all their weddings and one even had a destination wedding I was in!  It hurt (still does) and it will forever change the way I feel about them, but it's for the best!  If they really wanted to be there for me, they would make it work!  My new mantra is "The people who go, are the ones that are supposed to be there"  and that's all that matters now!  Our weddings will still be beautiful (and awesome!!!) w/o "those" people.

             

            But WE all get the frustration and sadness that comes with a destination wedding.  Again, that's why this site is so great, we can vent to each other and totally get it!!!!  HUGS!!!!
             



             



             



            #186 Sharon99

            Sharon99
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,301 posts

              Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

              I think we all are dealing with this :( I was so upset that 2 of my friends of 15+ years said they can not go. Not one of my family members are going but immediate. Mother, brother, sister. Father says yes but we shall see...  Our room block with the group rate was over last week and 2 people from our wedding party still havent booked :( what can you do right...

              We received about 30 YES rsvp responses with only 10 people that put a deposit down. UGH! This has been the most frustrating part.

              Like everyone has said there is still time so I am trying not worrying about it. 

               

              Thank god for this site though! Its so nice to you you are not alone with this process & feeling this way!

               

              Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

              Believe me, I totally get it and I shed many many tears!  I, too have friends of 15 years that aren't coming and I never thought in a million years they would miss my wedding.  I was in all their weddings and one even had a destination wedding I was in!  It hurt (still does) and it will forever change the way I feel about them, but it's for the best!  If they really wanted to be there for me, they would make it work!  My new mantra is "The people who go, are the ones that are supposed to be there"  and that's all that matters now!  Our weddings will still be beautiful (and awesome!!!) w/o "those" people.

               

              But WE all get the frustration and sadness that comes with a destination wedding.  Again, that's why this site is so great, we can vent to each other and totally get it!!!!  HUGS!!!!
               



               



               



              #187 BeachBarbie

              BeachBarbie
              • Newbie
              • 13 posts

                Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:34 PM

                Hi everyone!! I'm relatively new here.

                 

                I'm getting married May 3, 2012 at the Blau Varadero, Cuba.

                 

                I've been reading some of the posts about guests book, or not booking...that was pretty much my only reservation in choosing to do a destination wedding (it was my fiance's idea in the first place). I didn't want it to feel like we were eloping. I was also worried about a couple key family members and my 2 best friends not being able to afford it, but we sent out a STD in August and within 2 days 30 people booked, including just about everyone I was concerned about! I agree with Jamie, the people who really want to be there for you will make it happen.



                #188 ShellyCarter

                ShellyCarter
                • Jr. Member
                • 217 posts

                  Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:05 PM



                  I feel the same way,

                  i sent out my formal invites a month ago (not  too long but still)

                  and i haven't received any "yes" from anyone, not even from the bridal party.

                  I'm SO worried that no on will come just out immediate family, which is still good.

                  but it would be nice to have some friends and family along, it is a big day for me after all.

                  I'm SO obsessed i go to the mail box everyday hoping there going to start responding at least.

                  I've already let them know they have to respond by Jan 2ND. It's hard shopping for guest favors and oot bag stuff since

                  i dont know who much people are coming, if any. LOL

                   

                   

                   

                  Originally Posted by Allie2012 

                  Hey Ladies, just noticed this thread, my date is May 18, 2012 at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa, Riviera Maya, Mexico!

                   

                  Ok so is anyone else frustrated sitting and waiting for their guests to book!? We have 32 booked, 6 confirmed but not yet booked, and about 10 maybes. I know it is still months away but I need to know how much OOT stuff to buy. I'm just worried that the 10 maybes might try to look for last minute deals or something, not realizing that I need to know my final numbers at least 3 months in advance. Sorry, just needed to vent to people who understand!



                   


                  Married! xo


                  #189 AD2012

                  AD2012
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 240 posts

                    Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:26 PM

                    Has anyone received their flight itinerary yet? We keep asking our travel agent and she FINALLY got back to us and said it wasn’t available.



                    #190 BunnyBride

                    BunnyBride
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 49 posts

                      Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

                      We got our intinerary the day we booked it form our travel agent. It should be available, I would think.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users