Photo

May 2012

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#141 bpokatie

bpokatie
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:29 AM

Cute website by the way. You are very organized. I made one on the knot, but it's not as good as yours :)

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 

hee, I even added a countdown timer to our website. just add 7 days!

http://jdandkellyswe...m/calendar.html

#142 brendee2005

brendee2005
    • 456 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:27 PM

We are so close!! Yay! Congrats!

brendee - we're date twins! and heck yay-eah to getting under the 7 month mark. I've been waiting FOREVER!! ; )

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

#143 kks2012

kks2012
      • Site Supporter
      • 241 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:03 AM

I just did running of the brides on Friday and found my dress! Next week, I go to check out bridesmaid dress. May 8 will be here before I know it! Next project is welcome hone reception save the dates. Very exciting! When are you ladies sending out invitations?

#144 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
        • 614 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

thanks very much. I love the organizing. ; ) and you have the ultimate freedom with weebly to design a website however you'd like, which was my fav part.

Originally Posted by bpokatie 

Cute website by the way. You are very organized. I made one on the knot, but it's not as good as yours :)

congrats on finding your dress!! as far as invitations, my Save the Dates went out in March of this year, and the formal invites were mailed in early August. I was trying to give people as much notice as humanly possible (some even panicked after the STDs that they hadn't received a formal invite, thinking the wedding was this year, not 2012 ; ). honestly, I don't know that it netted us any more guests than if we'd just sent them out now. the majority of invitees aren't sure where they'll be financially by next May, so now we're just waiting. I extended the RSVP deadline from November 30, 2011 to March 1, 2012 and plan to send a reminder postcard mid-Feb 2012. although my timing was maybe too far in advance, I think it's best to give people as much notice as possible for a destination wedding so they can plan their (annual) vacations accordingly.

Originally Posted by kks2012 

I just did running of the brides on Friday and found my dress! Next week, I go to check out bridesmaid dress. May 8 will be here before I know it! Next project is welcome hone reception save the dates. Very exciting! When are you ladies sending out invitations?

#145 cvgreene

cvgreene
          • 48 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:49 PM

I sent my save the date e-flyer this past Friday. I am planning to send my invites in Feb I think. Next weekend I am going dress shopping than I want to finalize my invites as I considering the DIY boarding pass invites.

#146 aquamaniac

aquamaniac
            • 239 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:33 PM

Hey ladies!

Just noticed this thread, I'm May 22, 2012 at the Gran Bahia Principe Tulum in Mexico. 

Invites are sent out and I'm finally starting to get some RSVP's. I'm meeting my MOH in Vancouver next weekend to do some planning and dress shopping! Looking forward to hearing from some May brides!

#147 Starfish0512

Starfish0512
              • 283 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

I did my STD's as luggage tags from etsy designer Mavora back in July these coincided with the launch of our website, that of which was included on the STD tags.  I just recently sent our our boarding pass invites, designed them myself, printed etc...  Indeed a real labor of love but so worth it in the end! Saved me a ton of money!  Our invites were really more of a formality as our families are the only ones in attendence and we already know who's going.... Will be sending out actual clear plastic luggage tags for our guests in March to get them excited! 

Originally Posted by cvgreene 

I sent my save the date e-flyer this past Friday. I am planning to send my invites in Feb I think. Next weekend I am going dress shopping than I want to finalize my invites as I considering the DIY boarding pass invites.

The boarding pass invites are super easy to make!  Included a picture for you!  I have a larger thread going with more details and pics in the DIY Thread...

photo 3.JPG

#148 brendee2005

brendee2005
                • 456 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

I was thinking maybe December or January.

#149 kks2012

kks2012
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 241 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

I just purchased our flight tickets! This is exciting!

#150 Starfish0512

Starfish0512
                    • 283 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:31 AM

We just did ours too!!!!  So exciting! Was able to find a flight down that didn't involve changing planes at our layover so I dont have to drag my dress and his suit through the airport!!!

I just purchased our flight tickets! This is exciting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users