Sign in to follow this  
tross84

May 2012

Our thoughts have basically been that we are eloping and whoever wants to tag along is more than wecome.  That way I'm not feeling disappointed over who does or doesn't come.  My FI's best man has said that he's not coming, which hurt my FI, but now he's OK with it.  As long as our parents and siblings are there, everyone else is a bonus....

Originally Posted by BeachBarbie View Post

Hi everyone!! I'm relatively new here.

I'm getting married May 3, 2012 at the Blau Varadero, Cuba.

I've been reading some of the posts about guests book, or not booking...that was pretty much my only reservation in choosing to do a destination wedding (it was my fiance's idea in the first place). I didn't want it to feel like we were eloping. I was also worried about a couple key family members and my 2 best friends not being able to afford it, but we sent out a STD in August and within 2 days 30 people booked, including just about everyone I was concerned about! I agree with Jamie, the people who really want to be there for you will make it happen.

I actually went onto itravel2000 and pretended like I was booking, and it gave me our flight times.

Originally Posted by AD2012 View Post

Has anyone received their flight itinerary yet? We keep asking our travel agent and she FINALLY got back to us and said it wasnâ€t available.

Congrats & welcome! We are date twins cheesy.gif

Wow how awesome 30 people have booked in 2 days! 

Originally Posted by BeachBarbie View Post

Hi everyone!! I'm relatively new here.

I'm getting married May 3, 2012 at the Blau Varadero, Cuba.

I've been reading some of the posts about guests book, or not booking...that was pretty much my only reservation in choosing to do a destination wedding (it was my fiance's idea in the first place). I didn't want it to feel like we were eloping. I was also worried about a couple key family members and my 2 best friends not being able to afford it, but we sent out a STD in August and within 2 days 30 people booked, including just about everyone I was concerned about! I agree with Jamie, the people who really want to be there for you will make it happen.

I could not have word it any better regarding quest that are unable to attend. We originally had thirty ppl, we only have twenty as of now. Even ppl that had made their deposits backout due to their finances. But it was very kind of them to extend their deposits to my other guest that wanted to come. Which thay are staying for just the weekend, It worked out perfect for three of our friends, only havng to pay $175 each remaining balance. I was disappointed, but when I realized how much we were saving from the extra heads it became a win... win... situation.

Look on the brighter side, for those who can attend are suppose to only be there. You can always go back home and have something small for those that could not attend.

@ the end of the day; It's about you & your soon to be Hubby! 

I know exactly how everyone feels regarding people attending. We only have 17 and 3 of those are children 5 and under! We only have 1 friend going which is kind of disappointing because we thought more friends would come. I understand it's hard and expensive but when we have traveled for people we thought they would do the same in return. We only have immediate family and one friend attending. Oh well, we will still have so much fun!!! :)

OMG, are we having the same wedding?  HA, j/k!  but this sounds almost exactly like me and FI.  I have also traveled for friends, so I assumed they liked me enough to do the same.  The only friend we have going is my FI's GM, and that was a struggle to get him and his wife to go!   We have 19 coming and 2 of those people are kids 7 and under.  The rest is immediate family (mostly mine) coming.  But hey, at least we have some peeps there!  :)  And you are right, it is going to be soooooo much fun!!!!

Originally Posted by kitkat863 View Post

I know exactly how everyone feels regarding people attending. We only have 17 and 3 of those are children 5 and under! We only have 1 friend going which is kind of disappointing because we thought more friends would come. I understand it's hard and expensive but when we have traveled for people we thought they would do the same in return. We only have immediate family and one friend attending. Oh well, we will still have so much fun!!! :)