May 2012

tross84

Sharon-The hibiscus were in the running with me too!  And those wicker tote bags that a lot of the girls talk about on here (I might still get those for my bridesmaids or some sort of personalized bag with their names).  I ordered 20 bags (and enough items to go into 20 bags) so far because I plan on giving them to each couple (estimating 40 will make it).  If not, I will just have to order more!  I have a huge family so I had to invite everyone, even though I know only about 4 extended famly members can make it!  Now I just don't know if I want to spend all the money and get those really cute passport invites for everyone, when I know about 80 can't even come!  Would it be wrong to have separate invites for the people who said no?!  We are having a home town cocktail party when we get back for those who cannot make it, so that is a whole other invite to think about!!  Ahh!  20 people booked places so far!  We are all renting cottages & houses around the Island because Bermuda doesn't have any block out room type of deals and it is reallllly expensive to stay in the hotels!  We are staying in a hotel on the night of our wedding so I have a place to get ready and get hair and toes and all that fun stuff done with the girls!

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tropicLover- Thank you for your input!  I do see it as a waste of money to send invites to 80 people that I know for sure cannot make it!  Some have emailed me and RSVP'd via the knot to let me know already that they cannot make it.  I think I will just do invites for the people who are definites and maybe's! Makes sense to not put them through saying no again!

My plans are coming along..We are not doing a big wedding...So I sent a packet with all of the information to those who are coming back in June and they had to book my mid August too...its mostly immediate family and some close friends so we didnt really have to be too formal about it.  but we are having an AHR in July which we are sending STD's next week and invite sometime in the spring!

Originally Posted by TropicLover View Post

What a great day to get married!  How are your plans coming along? 

My std's went out in June and our group booking deadline was mid-August.  I'm going to send out formal invitations with rsvp's in January to everyone mostly because we have a lot of unsure and last minute booking people.....and also because my mom thinks it's only proper etiquette ;-) 

Oh wow so you have two events to plan for?!  I thought about an AHR, but a lot of our family and friend are spread out across Canada that we'd probably need to do 2 AHR's, lol.

Originally Posted by MrsHamblett2012 View Post

My plans are coming along..We are not doing a big wedding...So I sent a packet with all of the information to those who are coming back in June and they had to book my mid August too...its mostly immediate family and some close friends so we didnt really have to be too formal about it.  but we are having an AHR in July which we are sending STD's next week and invite sometime in the spring! 

Hi, Ladies!

I'm getting married on May 19th at The Royal Playa del Carmen!

As for what we have done so far, we sent out save the dates back in May. I had the Aurora photobooks from Minted.com for our close family and friends, and I did postcards from Postcards.com of my favorite engagement picture (see profile pic) for the list of everyone we've ever met that our mothers made :) Minted has designs that have won design competitions, but they don't necessarily have a suite that matches. Luckily, they do custom work for only $25, so I'm in the process of ordering those now! We're sending out our formal invites in November with save the dates for our AHRs.

We're actually having two AHRs!!! I'm originally from Chicago, my fiance is from California, and most of our family is strewn across the country. We thought a destination wedding was the perfect way to go, but our mothers have both insisted that we have something local. So, we will fly to Mexico May 15th, we'll get married May 19th, we'll switch to Secrets Maroma for our honeymoon for 5 days, and then we'll fly directly to Chicago for our reception there the weekend after! Whew! Luckily, my mother is planning that one... It keeps her out of my hair for our real wedding! We'll have our California reception at my mother-in-law's the month after our wedding.

We're giving everyone a RSVP date of February 1st, so I'll start shopping for OOT bags, favors, etc. after I have a head count. That will also determine if we're springing for a DJ. We've booked our photographer, and my dress already came in (I was in my first dress appointment less than a week after we were engaged msnwink.gif).

It's all so exciting! I just can't wait! Time feels like it is flying by!!!

Hi all, you can add another one to the list. We are getting married at Al Cielo, a small boutique hotel just south of Playa del Carmen on May 26, 2012. We decided against the all inclusive resort thing, and our group is staying in condos in nearby Akumal ("place of the turtles" in Mayan, hence the logo...) Akumal is one of our absolute favorite vacation spots, so we're so excited to go there with friends and family. Save the date postcards went out in June and we're working on the invitations. Hoping to get those out next month. 

Oh, that is awesome! I absolutely LOVE Secrets Maroma! We took our first vacation together there... The only reason we're not getting married there is because I have a 16 year old brother. You will have an amazing wedding!

Originally Posted by ckrn View Post

Were getting married May 18, 2012 at Secrets maroma and then staying another 5 days for our honeymoon.. Maybe i'll see you there! 

@queenoftheu, wohoo another May bride!  After reading your post I looked up Minted and they do have some great stuff.  I love that they do custom work too...I may need to contact them for formal invites.  We haven't decided on whether we go for a dj either.  If you do decide yes, I'd love to know who you go with.  Happy planning!

Originally Posted by queenoftheu View Post

Hi, Ladies!

I'm getting married on May 19th at The Royal Playa del Carmen!

As for what we have done so far, we sent out save the dates back in May. I had the Aurora photobooks from Minted.com for our close family and friends, and I did postcards from Postcards.com of my favorite engagement picture (see profile pic) for the list of everyone we've ever met that our mothers made :) Minted has designs that have won design competitions, but they don't necessarily have a suite that matches. Luckily, they do custom work for only $25, so I'm in the process of ordering those now! We're sending out our formal invites in November with save the dates for our AHRs.

We're actually having two AHRs!!! I'm originally from Chicago, my fiance is from California, and most of our family is strewn across the country. We thought a destination wedding was the perfect way to go, but our mothers have both insisted that we have something local. So, we will fly to Mexico May 15th, we'll get married May 19th, we'll switch to Secrets Maroma for our honeymoon for 5 days, and then we'll fly directly to Chicago for our reception there the weekend after! Whew! Luckily, my mother is planning that one... It keeps her out of my hair for our real wedding! We'll have our California reception at my mother-in-law's the month after our wedding.

We're giving everyone a RSVP date of February 1st, so I'll start shopping for OOT bags, favors, etc. after I have a head count. That will also determine if we're springing for a DJ. We've booked our photographer, and my dress already came in (I was in my first dress appointment less than a week after we were engaged msnwink.gif).

It's all so exciting! I just can't wait! Time feels like it is flying by!!!

@Akumal Bride, boutique hotels are soooooooo nice!  You guys are going to have an awesome time!  I'm kind of curious if your guest list fill up the hotel?  That would pretty sweet to get the whole place to yourselves.

Originally Posted by Akumal Bride View Post

Hi all, you can add another one to the list. We are getting married at Al Cielo, a small boutique hotel just south of Playa del Carmen on May 26, 2012. We decided against the all inclusive resort thing, and our group is staying in condos in nearby Akumal ("place of the turtles" in Mayan, hence the logo...) Akumal is one of our absolute favorite vacation spots, so we're so excited to go there with friends and family. Save the date postcards went out in June and we're working on the invitations. Hoping to get those out next month. 

Yey!!! Finally a date twin :) we also chose condos for our stay, just fits our needs perfectly! Congrats and welcome to the board, wealth of info here!!!!