Photo

Need Information about Gran Bahia jamaica please!!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:30 AM

I was hoping to get some information from other gran bahia brides. I went too book my trip and wedding and my travel agent said for me to buy the sunhine package I have to have 10 people in my group book with me. Most of my family is booking later or last minute since they don't have a lot of money. Can me and my fiance book us two and still buy the sunshine package with out having any one book with us? I left the office last night almost in tears because I don't want to make my family pay more then they have too PLEASE HELP ME

I honestly thought DTW were easier and my agent seems to be not listening to me 

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica November 22nd-2011.

#2 katelynn

katelynn
    • 414 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:35 AM

When we booked we had to pay $2000 to hold 10 spots as you each have to pay a $200 deposit to hold your spot and then pay the rest 60 days before departure. If you and your FI have $2000 throw it down so it reserves your group (thats what we did until people started boking so we had our date reserved)

It all depends also on how many people you are having and what you really want from your package. I was going to go with the Sunshine and then realized that the free package was better for us, as I found you were paying for little things I didnt want like a fruit basket in room. The free package includes things like your boquet, grooms bout, decoration of the site, and dinner for 16 people. The only thing you have to pay for is the minister fee's which is $400 cash, and then its $25 a person for dinner after 16, while I think the sunshine was like $35. With this extra money we paid for all our flowers and the gazebo rental at night.

Hope this helps!! There is also a very active Bahia thread and I am sure more girls will have insight there.

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride 

I was hoping to get some information from other gran bahia brides. I went too book my trip and wedding and my travel agent said for me to buy the sunhine package I have to have 10 people in my group book with me. Most of my family is booking later or last minute since they don't have a lot of money. Can me and my fiance book us two and still buy the sunshine package with out having any one book with us? I left the office last night almost in tears because I don't want to make my family pay more then they have too PLEASE HELP ME

I honestly thought DTW were easier and my agent seems to be not listening to me 

Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#3 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
      • 200 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:16 AM

yah that information is great appreciate the help not sure abot the sunshine one I was not even aware they had a free one so still deciding but I have god news I heard from someone at GBP and got all the details and forms about the package so that was great. my travela agent didn't even talk about the wedding just about the group booking so really glad I got the package from the hotel :)

#4 heatherd

heatherd
        • 37 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

Hello! I'm looking to have my wedding there aswell...how long did it take for someone from GBP to get back to you??  I'm still waiting for prices for my group from my travel agent but I've emailed the resort because i want to secure the date. :) 

Thanks

Heather :)

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride 

yah that information is great appreciate the help not sure abot the sunshine one I was not even aware they had a free one so still deciding but I have god news I heard from someone at GBP and got all the details and forms about the package so that was great. my travela agent didn't even talk about the wedding just about the group booking so really glad I got the package from the hotel :)

#5 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
          • 200 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:03 AM

Hi, Heather It did not take long at all sorry for not replying sooner but i am normally on the main GBP thread. I am very happy with my choice for this resort when are you planning your date for?

#6 heatherd

heatherd
            • 37 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

Hi!  We're planning for March 2012.  I've already booked our wedding day with the wedding planner!! Yay....but I just got a cheaper rate with itravel2000.com, I'm supposed to go and sign my contract tomorrow with my TA but now i don't know what to do!!!  I've paid a deposit with her already, I'm hoping maybe she will price match, cause they quoted like $200 cheaper.  AAAAHHHH the stress.  I don't want to make my quests pay more than they have to.  I hope things will work out.  Oh also the wedding planner told me that we can change the wedding package anytime depending on how many guests book! 

Hi, Heather It did not take long at all sorry for not replying sooner but i am normally on the main GBP thread. I am very happy with my choice for this resort when are you planning your date for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users