Contracts = To Lawyer or Not to Lawyer?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brenners

• 807 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

Ok, so I have seen some horror stories on BDW from some brides who were unaware of the contract language or did not understand the fine print or that it was even there.  So my questions for all of you out there are as follows:

1.  How many have actually used a lawyer?

2.  Was this helpful and how?

3.  What type of lawyer did you use?

4.  Anytime there was an addition or change to the contract, did you resend to the lawyer before signing off?

5.  How much did it cost?

Thanks Ladies!  I know that you will have the answers for me as you have all been great so far! 

#2 MDLady

• 433 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:12 AM

We didn't use a lawyer and never considered of getting one.  I made sure to read all the fine print and clarify all of the info via email so I had it in writing.  I'm sure it can't hurt to have a lawyer look at the paperwork considering how much money weddings cost but to us it wasn't really necessary.

#3 Brenners

• 807 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:39 PM

Thanks MDLady.  Glad that everything went well for you.  Just a little leery of some of the bad experiences I have seen on here.

#4 redginger

• 360 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:22 PM

My fiance and I review every contract together, and do a lot of research on hotels and vendors before selecting. I think the reality for us is that it'll be very costly to pursue any legal action internationally, and probably not worth the time and money. We just hope that we're establishing positive relationships with our hotel and vendors, and they value their reputations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users