Jump to content
Starfish0512

Updated Grand Cayman Weddings Thread

Recommended Posts

Hi agm04! You will not be sorry with Juliette from Save the Date. We are still in the beginning phases of planning, but she has already made me feel so stress free, and I stress a lot! We are going to the island in September and she has already booked us appointments with our top 3 venues, our photographer (Aaron Rebarchek), and we are doing a cake tasting - and she's spending a whole day with us! We agreed that Celebrations was WAYYYYY too expensive for our budget, and Juliette's costs are extremely reasonable. Also, I know you are asking about flowers - Juliette said she is going to deal with the florist entirely, so I'm not even worrying about that! Anyway, just wanted to convey how happy we are that we went with her!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by ktlb826 View Post

 

Hi agm04! You will not be sorry with Juliette from Save the Date. We are still in the beginning phases of planning, but she has already made me feel so stress free, and I stress a lot! We are going to the island in September and she has already booked us appointments with our top 3 venues, our photographer (Aaron Rebarchek), and we are doing a cake tasting - and she's spending a whole day with us! We agreed that Celebrations was WAYYYYY too expensive for our budget, and Juliette's costs are extremely reasonable. Also, I know you are asking about flowers - Juliette said she is going to deal with the florist entirely, so I'm not even worrying about that! Anyway, just wanted to convey how happy we are that we went with her!

Oh how fun - I love that we're both using Juliette and have wedding dates close together!  I really did love her from the first time I spoke with her.  Can't wait to hear how your trip goes and what venue you choose!  And yes - after talking with Juliette yesterday and sealing the deal, I'm not worried about flowers anymore.  She said she will often have the florist take the bouquets apart and re-do them if she doesn't think they're up to par.  Makes me feel much better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by agm04 View Post

 

 

Thank you!  I've actually finally gotten things figured out and we have deposits down for June 22nd - yay!  I really appreciate your response.  Celebrations is just not in my budget - I think I'm going to go with Juliette from Save the Date, as we really clicked and she put me at ease.  I'm definitely not hands off, so I already feel like I'll be paying for more than I need, but I'd rather have the piece of mind.  Were you happy with Flower Dell?  They seem to have more reasonable prices than others.

Absolutely use Flower Dell!!!!  I was worried about flowers as I had never seen any of her work but Molly reassured me they would be beautiful!  I only wish I could have taken them home with me!  They did however last into the next day, through my TTD session and still fresh right before we left for Little Cayman. Just amazing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by uhura526 View Post

 

@Starfish0512  I saw some of your wedding photos on Rebecca Davidson's website and they are absolutely gorgeous!  Also where did your husband get his suit?

Thank you!!! She does an amazing job!  We got both Shaun and his brothers suit through JOS A Bank.  There was a buy 1 get 2 free deal so we took advantage :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by agm04 View Post

 

 

Thank you!  I've actually finally gotten things figured out and we have deposits down for June 22nd - yay!  I really appreciate your response.  Celebrations is just not in my budget - I think I'm going to go with Juliette from Save the Date, as we really clicked and she put me at ease.  I'm definitely not hands off, so I already feel like I'll be paying for more than I need, but I'd rather have the piece of mind.  Were you happy with Flower Dell?  They seem to have more reasonable prices than others.

I am the same way, I am pretty hands on. I have a coordinator Marina Flynn with GCBS but right now, I guess with my April wedding, I'm not high priority so any questions I have, I don't expect an answer back anytime soon.  I just kind of found stuff on my own like vendor pricing and stuff. I am trying to not use Celebrations for anything.  I got a quote from Flower Dell and they were mighty reasonable so I want to go with them. 

 

I do have a question though, how often did you guys communicate with your wedding planners 8 months or more out from your wedding date? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by uhura526 View Post

 

I am the same way, I am pretty hands on. I have a coordinator Marina Flynn with GCBS but right now, I guess with my April wedding, I'm not high priority so any questions I have, I don't expect an answer back anytime soon.  I just kind of found stuff on my own like vendor pricing and stuff. I am trying to not use Celebrations for anything.  I got a quote from Flower Dell and they were mighty reasonable so I want to go with them. 

 

I do have a question though, how often did you guys communicate with your wedding planners 8 months or more out from your wedding date? 

 

 

 

Hi! I got married in GC this past April at The Wharf. I used Celebrations and in terms of communications, I would say it went in waves. We did a lot of back and forth over email in the beginning (about 8 months out) to firm up the big details - location, DJ, set-up/rentals needed, officiant, etc. - and then we didn't communicate much until about three months beforehand. I also took a trip to GC two or three months before and that is when we went through everything and I met the DJ, violinist, photographer, met with the chef to go through the menu, etc. Hope that helps! My advice is to try to streamline your emails and consolidate your questions if possible, but to give them some time to respond - people do tend to be on "island time." In the end, everyone did exactly as they promised and I didn't have any issues. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by chitownbride View Post

 

 

 

 

Hi! I got married in GC this past April at The Wharf. I used Celebrations and in terms of communications, I would say it went in waves. We did a lot of back and forth over email in the beginning (about 8 months out) to firm up the big details - location, DJ, set-up/rentals needed, officiant, etc. - and then we didn't communicate much until about three months beforehand. I also took a trip to GC two or three months before and that is when we went through everything and I met the DJ, violinist, photographer, met with the chef to go through the menu, etc. Hope that helps! My advice is to try to streamline your emails and consolidate your questions if possible, but to give them some time to respond - people do tend to be on "island time." In the end, everyone did exactly as they promised and I didn't have any issues. Good luck!

Thanks chitownbride, that definitely helps. I should no better considering my family is West Indian lol I am just a city girl though and I'm used to getting things done not now, but yesterday.hehe  Anyway, I will be more patient and try to consolidate my questions so she won't be rolling her eyes at me. But I am sure as a wedding planner, she's dealt with worse :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I lucked out with Juliette from Save the Date, because I have yet to wait longer than an hour for a response from her.  In fact, I'm trying to wait until I have several questions to email her, because I feel badly bothering her when I know she will get back with me so quickly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting told that they have never even heard of Flower Dell at GCBS which sounds a bit peculiar to me since they have been around for years and doing business at some big wedding venues on the island not to mention have provided the flowers for some of your weddings!  I can clearly see that they do a great job just seeing some photos here and they are definitely the most reasonably priced florist on the island. Wonder what's up with that one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by uhura526 View Post

 

I am getting told that they have never even heard of Flower Dell at GCBS which sounds a bit peculiar to me since they have been around for years and doing business at some big wedding venues on the island not to mention have provided the flowers for some of your weddings!  I can clearly see that they do a great job just seeing some photos here and they are definitely the most reasonably priced florist on the island. Wonder what's up with that one? 

I had the same thing happen, and I think I'm going to go with a florist recommended by the coordinator instead.  She said she had heard of Flower Dell but never worked w them.  On one hand, I'm sure they all pat each others' backs and give each other business, which I don't love.  But on the other, the florists that my coordinator recommended were able to match the prices Flower Dell quoted, so I don't mind.  She said she has no problem having them take the bouquets apart and redo them on the morning of if it's not what we envisioned, and knowing that they have that kind of working relationship makes me feel ok about going with her favorites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • what kind of headpiece did you wear? or are planning to wear?
    • Hi there! I visited Now Amber PV in February for a wedding event for travel industry professionals. I stayed there for 4 days and they hosted us for several events and two dinners and everything was amazing. Their wedding department staff/team is incredible and the designs/decor were all crafted so beautifully!! There are several wonderful options to host events and I was so impressed by how they utilized and transformed each of the spaces. We had events in the lobby, which has the most beautiful view. On the beach, in the middle area terrace of the resort, and on the pool deck. The service was top notch and entertainment was fantastic. As a resort, it was a great place to spend a getaway. The resort staff is great, the food/drinks were all delicious and the overall vibe of the place is just perfect. Your daughter has picked a wonderful resort to host her wedding! If you have any more specific questions about Now Amber, feel free to ask here! Or shoot an email to info@wrighttravelagency.com -- this is the official travel agency of this forum and several members on our team have stayed at Now Amber and had couples book their wedding there 😊
    • Hi all! I'm looking for people who would like to participate in a (quick!) survey about destination weddings in Italy. I'm an Italian student and I'm currently doing a project on destination weddings. Here's the link to the form: https://forms.gle/XeWWU1orwqyp3de5A THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
    • Hello I am planning to get married at Jade Mountain in 2020 any new updates on weddings there or other St Lucia hotels and vendors appreciated 
    • Thanks for your good list.  I also love Marry Me and I'm Yours. 
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...