Jump to content

Photo

Updated Grand Cayman Weddings Thread


  • Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#301 CAKnight

CAKnight
  • Jr. Member
  • 197 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 11, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Key West, FL

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

Thank you, agm! That is definitely a bargain! I wonder if the ones they are describing you are smaller than the ones they have listed on their website. It sounds like they have rum cake bites! lol 

How are you able to pay for them in advance in order to just have to pick them up? 

They quoted me $1.96 USD for the little ones (they described them as about 2 bites to me). I'm paying in advance and then picking them up when I get there. Hope that helps!


#302 agm04

agm04
  • Member
  • 548 posts

    Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

    Ooooh sorry, I just looked back at my email and the $1.96 is 1.3 oz, or 2 bites.  The 4oz ones are 5.95 each.  I'm just going to call and place the order ahead of time and pay with a credit card.  I think you can also have them delivered.



    #303 CAKnight

    CAKnight
    • Jr. Member
    • 197 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 11, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Key West, FL

    Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

    Thank you! I think my FH and I might buy the 4oz ones. I meant I figure I might, as well. It will be less cake boxes I have to lug around. But, then again, who knows? I will have to talk to my FH about it. 

    Who did you email? Tortuga? Are you talking about them delivering to you in the US or when you are in GC? 

    Originally Posted by agm04 

    Ooooh sorry, I just looked back at my email and the $1.96 is 1.3 oz, or 2 bites.  The 4oz ones are 5.95 each.  I'm just going to call and place the order ahead of time and pay with a credit card.  I think you can also have them delivered.



    #304 agm04

    agm04
    • Member
    • 548 posts

      Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

      Originally Posted by CAKnight 

      Thank you! I think my FH and I might buy the 4oz ones. I meant I figure I might, as well. It will be less cake boxes I have to lug around. But, then again, who knows? I will have to talk to my FH about it. 

      Who did you email? Tortuga? Are you talking about them delivering to you in the US or when you are in GC? 

      Originally I emailed a guy named Doug, douglas.jackson@tortugarums.com.  He was on perma vacation or something so I called and most recently have communicated with Marlyn Ebanks, marlyn.ebanks@trc-cayman.com.  But I am warning you, they're not the most thorough people.  If you ask 5 questions you might get the answer to 2 of them.

       

      I am also buying 5 or 6 liters of rum (for our welcome happy hour) and 10 bags of coffee (to leave in our guests' kitchens with a cute "love is brewing" tag) from them.  I'm ordering on the phone a couple of weeks in advance, and then I'll pick them up in GC.  But I meant they will deliver them to you in GC.  Not sure if delivery is free or not.  I'm just picking it up because I want to make sure everything is there.



      #305 CAKnight

      CAKnight
      • Jr. Member
      • 197 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 11, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Key West, FL

      Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

      Thanks for the info!

      As with the non-thorough part of it, I have noticed that most people won't answer most of your questions the first time. So, I constantly have to ask then it looks like I'm the one who is annoying the other person. 

      Originally I emailed a guy named Doug, douglas.jackson@tortugarums.com.  He was on perma vacation or something so I called and most recently have communicated with Marlyn Ebanks, marlyn.ebanks@trc-cayman.com.  But I am warning you, they're not the most thorough people.  If you ask 5 questions you might get the answer to 2 of them.

       

      I am also buying 5 or 6 liters of rum (for our welcome happy hour) and 10 bags of coffee (to leave in our guests' kitchens with a cute "love is brewing" tag) from them.  I'm ordering on the phone a couple of weeks in advance, and then I'll pick them up in GC.  But I meant they will deliver them to you in GC.  Not sure if delivery is free or not.  I'm just picking it up because I want to make sure everything is there.



      #306 agm04

      agm04
      • Member
      • 548 posts

        Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

        Originally Posted by CAKnight 

        Thanks for the info!

        As with the non-thorough part of it, I have noticed that most people won't answer most of your questions the first time. So, I constantly have to ask then it looks like I'm the one who is annoying the other person. 

         

        I love your "love is brewing" idea. 

        It's super annoying but so true, esp in the islands!  Argh.

         

        Thank you!



        #307 CAKnight

        CAKnight
        • Jr. Member
        • 197 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 11, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Key West, FL

        Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

        I think it's also difficult because the only form of communication is via email!

        Originally Posted by agm04 

        It's super annoying but so true, esp in the islands!  Argh.

         

        Thank you!



        #308 JJ77

        JJ77
        • Newbie
        • 16 posts

          Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

          We just had our amazing wedding in the Cayman Island!!  It was perfect.  I wish I could do it over and over again.  The day went by soo fast.

           

          Feel free to ask me any questions, I did also live there for 2 years so I am very familiar with the island and venues for the most part.

           

           

          Happy Planning!  =)



          #309 JJ77

          JJ77
          • Newbie
          • 16 posts

            Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

            We used Black Beard Rum cakes.   They are way cheaper and taste just the same.  All my guests loved them.  They have lots of flavors and you can buy 6-4oz for $20.99ci and you get 2 free. so it worked out to be about $2.62 ci per cake.    We found that deal at the black beard liquor stores.

             

            Hope this helps!  =)



            #310 CAKnight

            CAKnight
            • Jr. Member
            • 197 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 11, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Key West, FL

            Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

            Congrats JJ!!!!

            Please share details about your wedding from the venue, your WC, etc! 

            Originally Posted by JJ77 

            We just had our amazing wedding in the Cayman Island!!  It was perfect.  I wish I could do it over and over again.  The day went by soo fast.

             

            Feel free to ask me any questions, I did also live there for 2 years so I am very familiar with the island and venues for the most part.

             

             

            Happy Planning!  =)

             

            Thanks you for this "insider's tip"! It is much appreciated! 

            Where is the Black Beard liquor store in relation to where the cruise ships dock?

             

            Originally Posted by JJ77 

            We used Black Beard Rum cakes.   They are way cheaper and taste just the same.  All my guests loved them.  They have lots of flavors and you can buy 6-4oz for $20.99ci and you get 2 free. so it worked out to be about $2.62 ci per cake.    We found that deal at the black beard liquor stores.

             

            Hope this helps!  =)

            Attached Files






            0 user(s) are reading this topic

            0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users