Photo

Updated Grand Cayman Weddings Thread

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#191 agm04

agm04
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:07 AM

How fun!!  Which hotels are you checking out?

I personally think you'd be better off sending in January with a March RSVP date.  If you send them in November, they could get lost among all the holiday cards, and the general holiday insanity.  I think January is when people start to think about summer plans anyway.  And if you've already sent out a save the date, they will have it in the back of their mind.  Just my 2 cents though!

#192 uhura526

uhura526
    • 330 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

yeah I agree, after the holidays is probably the best bet to send out the invitations.  For a May wedding, your save the dates should go out ASAP.  There would be no point to doing a save the date if you are sending out invitations like a month later (in November). Anyway, they will definitely get lost in the Christmas card shuffle. I usually don't even open up every envelope I get for Christmas cards and I think a lot of others do the same lol

But if you don't plan to send out STDs until October, then sending out invites in January is fine.

#193 atrigler

atrigler
      • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:20 AM

hi everyone!

The beach sign is 24"x20"...and The Flower Del has been so amazing to work with so far.   Let me know if anyone wants her information!

We sent out Save the Dates shortly after we booked the hotel (late March), and then we sent out invitations out in June for our November wedding.  We set the rsvp date for the end of Sept (so soon!), and we've already gotten the majority of responses back.  You'll start to know how many people are coming when people tell you that they booked flights.  A lot of our friends and family haven't sent the rsvps back yet, but I know they booked their flight and hotel, so you can count them in.

Hope everyone is enjoying the planning!  

#194 uhura526

uhura526
        • 330 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

So I have now decided that I am sending my invitations out in early November instead of January. My mom pointed out to me that there are quite a few old school family members and old family friends of my parents that do not do the internet.  Meaning, they haven't bothered to check out our wedding website.  As a result, I have added an insert to go with my wedding invitations with detailed hotel information and pricing information.  I do believe for the most part that most of our invited guests will use the internet and check out the website to guide them in making their travel plans, but I think the earlier sending of the invites with the February 1st RSVP by date will work out better and we'll actually know more about who will be coming sooner than later. If we do early November, then we won't have to worry about X-mas cards getting into the mix.

Another question I have for you Grand Cayman brides, do people really bring gifts and cards to a destination wedding??  Also what are your plans for the day after the wedding?

#195 agm04

agm04
          • 548 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

That sounds like a good plan.  Hopefully people will respond right away instead of waiting until closer to the rsvp date.

I have no idea about gifts and cards, but I hope not!   As for the day after, we are planning tentatively to do the champagne brunch at LUCA for everyone the day after the wedding.  We will make a final decision before sending out invitations based on where we are with numbers, but I'm hoping we can work it out.

#196 Maria Lee

Maria Lee
            • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

I know there is a few people using Juliette from save the date, I have been emailing her recently but have not heard back from her in weeks. Have other people been able to reach her? Is anybody else having the same problem? I'm starting to think that maybe my emails are going to spam b/c she has always been so good at getting back to me.

#197 Maria Lee

Maria Lee
              • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

I know there is a few people using Juliette from save the date, I have been emailing her recently but have not heard back from her in weeks. Have other people been able to reach her? Is anybody else having the same problem? I'm starting to think that maybe my emails are going to spam b/c she has always been so good at getting back to me.

#198 Maria Lee

Maria Lee
                • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

#199 uhura526

uhura526
                  • 330 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Maria Lee 

She might be on vacation. Apparently, it seems that most of the wedding industry from DJs to wedding planners are gone for the entire month of September because it's hurricane season and very slow for weddings and tourism in Grand Cayman.  My planner is out until Oct 2nd and has been away since Sept 10th.  I do not think anyone is even "manning the fort" while she's away because I've had to do some changes in my photographer and stuff on my own because she wasn't there to broker it. I'd say you might here from her in a few weeks' time.  Did you try to call?

#200 Juliette Heath

Juliette Heath
                    • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

Hi Maria,

One of my other fabulous brides read your message and was kind enough to email me and let me know.  Unfortunately I had no way of contacting you since I resigned from Save the Date a couple of weeks ago prior to which I was indeed on vacation, I had not anticipated leaving but felt I was left with little option due to certain circumstances but I had no way of letting you know I am so sorry!!  The good news is that I am in the process of starting a new company with my father in law :) - so if you are still happy to continue with me then you can contact me on heathjuliette@yahoo.com for now.  I hope you get this message and once again I am so sorry for not being able to let you know.  I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best wishes - Juliette

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users