Updated Grand Cayman Weddings Thread

Starfish0512

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel View Post

Checked out several locations. had as Grand Cayman had been my runner up to my wedding destination (Turks & Caicos), I. Then I was only there for holiday this past weekend and we ate at one of the places I had strongly considered for a reception, Luca. It is at the Caribbean Club, is in the shore and quite classy. We had an excellent meal and great service, so I would consider that for a reception!Thanks for sharing this post.

CANNOT say enough good things about Luca and Caribbean Club. Highly, highly recommend.

I was deciding between both tiki beach and Westin as well! I worked at the Westin for 3 years and always wanted my wedding there. I have a group of 30-40 coming down and we are staying at villas of the galleon. So when it came to securing a date at Westin...which i only choose because i thought the beach was better than at tiki...they surprised me with the non-negotionable policy of having to book 30 room nights at their hotel. Maybe one or two of our guests would stay there...since we were all next door at VOG. There was no way around it and I wasn't going to pay $6000 to secure a date that was not even a deposit! So we went with tiki beach :) the manager Ottmar is amazing and replys to my emails with detail and speed! We are using celebrations for decor, flowers and co ordination. The ceremony is actually on the beach at villas of the galleon...feet away from the Westin beach (at no venue charge!) and the reception at tiki beach. We are very excited and the planning has been nothing but smooth!

We had our wedding April 2013 on the Island. We had our ceremony at The Wharf, they have a small private beach on the side of the restruant that was perfect! We had our reception at a private home in Savannah. Our vendors were. Hair - spa to go. Sean did my hair and was amazing!! Make-up- Stephanie Ford She was brilliant. I was very sceptical about getting my make up done and looking to over done. But she was great!! Flowers - Flower Dell. I wasn't pleased with them. I didn't want roses at all and the flowers I wanted didn't make it to the island on time and they have me a huge bouquet of roses. I was not impressed. They should of contacted me letting me know my choice didn't come in and have me other options Caterer - we used The wharf, since we had our ceremony there we used them. Reno was great to work with and there staff was great also. The food was very good and we served left overs as a late night snack Cake - The Cake studio!! I can't say enough about them! Miss Lori Anne (owner) was great to deal with and so was Priness. My cake was unbelievable. It was the best cake I ever ate. We served it as desert also. Photographer and videographer - Picture this. Aaron Rebarchek I can't say enough about him. Very professional but yet very easy going with great suggestions. DJ - One World. Craig. He was awesome. He had my dance floor full all night long! He had all kinda if music. I did give him a Must play list and also a DO NOT play list. Wedding planner - Rebecca at parfait. She was ok. Nothing great like others I heard of on the island. She wanted to spend all my money and was over priced. She did listen for the most part. I do have to say that my reception looked amazing when all said and done but there was a few tears and headaches along the way. I did do a OOT Bag for my guests. I got cheap reusable bags from a grocery store on the island that said I LOVE CAYMAN. All my guest loved it cause they cause take it home or use it as a beach bag. I filled mine with island Rum, rum cakes, glasses from the dollar section in the grocery store, maps, books about the cayman island and a welcome letter. That's all I can think of so far Please feel free to ask me questions about our wedding or about the island. I lived there for 2 years and have been visiting for 10 years. I have a sister that has lived there for 15 years so I know the island pretty well. Happy planning and you won't be disappointed with the island at all! :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My fiance and I want to get married in Grand Cayman next year in August and could use any advice about where. We are looking into the Grand Old House, Marriott and Ritz. I don't know if it's cheaper to use a place where the hotel and wedding will be all at one place since the Grand Old House isn't a hotel and doesn't have a beach. My fiance is about to start a job with Marriott so I am not sure if he will get a discount either or how substantial it will be. Any advice would appreciated.

Thank you,

J&S