Updated Grand Cayman Weddings Thread

Starfish0512

hi uhura526 - we're getting married in November at the Carribean Club.  Danielle there is amazing and has been so helpful.  We are having a larger wedding (75-100), so we're getting married on the beach and then having the reception at Luca.  

Let me know if you need any help with the planning!!

Caymanbride - the photo is AMAZING!  Congratulations!

well im not getting married in the cayans.. but that is where i got engaged!! So beautiful.. if you've never been there you will love it! my fiance popped the question at the lighthouse restaurant on the private balcony during dinner at sunset.. it was perfect. Congrats ladies!

@dazeydawl  It is lovely! We've been twice and knew that was exactly where we wanted to get married.  Ironic you are getting married in Jamaica. My family is from there but not in the nice part lol    How in the world do you already have 29 guests booked and your wedding is after mine?!  I haven't even got my wedding venue officially booked yet

@atrigler  Hi!  I inquired with Caribbean Club/Luca as well but we ultimately have decided to go with Grand Cayman Beach Suites and reception at Hemmingways.  I didn't like that whole 3 bedroom suite set up at Caribbean Club. Wouldn't work out for our guests and I also thought it was a little pricey. Although I really liked Luca. We are tentatively holding our rehearsal dinner there.  Hey, are you having music at your wedding and reception?  I wanted to do steel drums for the ceremony and cocktail hour but have not decided if I want a DJ or band at reception.  

Uhrua526. Alot of People are booked because we are getting married at a small 22 room boutique hotel and we couldn't afford to but down the 15000 50% deposit so we had to get everyone we knew going for sure to put down their deposit ASAP. Luckily that's all immediate family and bridal party so they had not problem with it. We are still waiting for some more to book but we have no more worries about the place selling out.

hi uhura526.  We are having a DJ at the reception (after listening to every single live band on the island!)...DJ Craig from OneWorld.  He's been awesome so far, and is even helping us book a guitarist and drummer for our ceremony and cocktail hour.  Without ever meeting him face to face or even talking to him on the phone, I cannot reccommend him enough - he's prompt, honest and knows all the venues down there!  Anyways if you want to email him its: oneworld_onemusic@hotmail.com.  I looked at the Cayman Beach Suites too, they weren't available for us but they look great!  Have you looked into florals at all yet?

Hi Cheepet,

We are getting married at Grand Old House April 30th, 2013! Hope you had a blast at your wedding! Who did you use for a DJ? We are looking into Oneworld ltd. We want to make sure everyone is up and dancing! Could you send me pictures of your wedding?? I would also love to see how your hair came out? What did Rock Gorgeous charge you? (email-mlmontalto@yahoo.com).

Thanks!

Maria M.

Hi! Focus was great. I used Crispin but Hannah did my maid of honor's hair/make up and a few other girls and she was great as well. Here is a picture of my hair/make up - I wanted very natural looking make up and my hair was just swept up in a high bun.

Wedding 139.jpg

La Dolce Vita is near George Town. Great balcony over looking the water and the owner/chef and his wife are nice as can be. If you like Italian, it's a great spot.

I also went to the register's office on Monday to get copies of my marriage license. I can't remember where I read that tip - but it was so fast and easy and now I have three certified copies if I need them for anything. And the copies they give you are much more official looking than what the Reverend will give you (hand written!).

Chef John does not have a website. He serves dinner on Thursday nights at the public beach on Seven Mile Beach next to the Tiki Beach restaurant. The food is amazing.

Originally Posted by Starfish0512 View Post

Congrats!!! I haven't been on in quite sometime, been up to my ears in last minute details... Anyways, I am also using Reverend Myers, Rebecca Davidson and Focus Salon (review?)  I have worked with Rebecca beofre but how was your service and your hair/makeup?  I think I am working with hannah from Focus... How was La Dolce Vita?  Where is that?  We are looking for a Sunday night dinner spot...

So happy everything went well for you, congrats again!!!

Congrats recent brides!! I fly down next week for my wedding at Grand Old House!

We're still looking for a spot to host casual drinks and apps near The Westin. Anyone have any good ideas??

Aside from that, I have most things in place, but would love any and all advice!!! I'm still super nervous that it's going to be too hot out. Let me know what your experiences were please :)

Hi ladies! I'm new to this forum. I'm getting married on Grand Cayman in April or May 2013. My fiance and I are vacationing there this September and will pick a venue and finalize a date then. We are going to check out Grand Old House, Ristorante Pappagallo, and Tiki Beach so far. Juliette Heath from Save the Date is our planner and we are thinking of going with Aaron Rebarchek for photographer. Nothing has been set in stone yet, we are still just getting ideas together. Our guest list is 180ish (he has a huge family!) but we think it will be 100 max that actually come. It's so great to be a part of this great resource!