Updated Grand Cayman Weddings Thread

Starfish0512

Originally Posted by JJ77 View Post

Hi ladies.

I just found this forum.

I'm getting married April 19/13 in the Caymans

We are having our ceremony at Tiki beach and the reception at a private house in the district of Savannah.

Now that Christmas is over it's just around the corner and going to come so quick

I'm starting to feel the crunch and pressure, so many things still to do.

I'm actually going for a trip to the island Tuesday to get somethings done ( hair/ makeup trial, pick flowers, meet with my wedding planner and photographer)

My sister lives there and has been helping me out but I need to go for a piece of mind.

I have read through a few post and seem like you ladies are on the ball. Good job.

Are you ladies doing a bridal shower and stagette?

I'm having a really hard time picking a caterer and I need to do it soon. Since I'm doing it at a private location it doesn't come with a catering company.

So much to do so little time.

=)

Welcome! We are date twins. Different locations though.  So jealous that you get to visit before the big day. I wish I had the chance to that as I am a really hands on planner, so it's been a little hard leaving a lot of this up to faith in people I haven't met but I am just going to hope for the best.  Good luck with your planning.  

Originally Posted by JJ77 View Post

Hi ladies.

I just found this forum.

I'm getting married April 19/13 in the Caymans

We are having our ceremony at Tiki beach and the reception at a private house in the district of Savannah.

Now that Christmas is over it's just around the corner and going to come so quick

I'm starting to feel the crunch and pressure, so many things still to do.

I'm actually going for a trip to the island Tuesday to get somethings done ( hair/ makeup trial, pick flowers, meet with my wedding planner and photographer)

My sister lives there and has been helping me out but I need to go for a piece of mind.

I have read through a few post and seem like you ladies are on the ball. Good job.

Are you ladies doing a bridal shower and stagette?

I'm having a really hard time picking a caterer and I need to do it soon. Since I'm doing it at a private location it doesn't come with a catering company.

So much to do so little time.

=)

Oh let us know how the trip goes!  How fun.  I wish I could do that, too.

I don't think I'm doing a bridal shower, and - sorry! - I don't know what a stagette is.  Some of my moms friends wanted to throw me a shower, but it just doesn't make sense logistically, since that would be in TX and I live in NY.  Getting all the gifts back to NY would cost a small fortune!

Originally Posted by agm04 View Post

Oh let us know how the trip goes!  How fun.  I wish I could do that, too.

I don't think I'm doing a bridal shower, and - sorry! - I don't know what a stagette is.  Some of my moms friends wanted to throw me a shower, but it just doesn't make sense logistically, since that would be in TX and I live in NY.  Getting all the gifts back to NY would cost a small fortune!

Canadians and Brits call a bachelorette party a "stagette".  

No showers or bachelorette parties for me either.  FI will not have a bachelor party.   

So much work to do for one great day. I'm starting to get insomnia with all the things running thur my head at night. I'm hoping going for a visit will ease my mind a bit. I'm waiting for replies but so far have about 52 ppl confirmed and I have quiet a few ppl come that live on the island as well. When I'm down there I'm gonna work on our OOT bags Less then 100 days now. =D Where is everyone getting their hair done? I'm going for my first dress fitting/ Try on in early feb. I'm looking forward to that. If you ladies need help with anything while I'm in the caymans just let me know.

Hi ladies! Im so excited that I found this form! I got engaged 12-12-12 and we are planning on an April 2014 grand cayman wedding. I've been talking to a few different planners on the island and one is from Save the Date. I know some of you used her (juliette heath) but when i contacted her via email another planner responded so im confused on if juliette is still there or are there multiple planners working there. Can anyone share with me any experience you have had working with them?

Originally Posted by yogi1212 View Post

Hi ladies! Im so excited that I found this form! I got engaged 12-12-12 and we are planning on an April 2014 grand cayman wedding. I've been talking to a few different planners on the island and one is from Save the Date. I know some of you used her (juliette heath) but when i contacted her via email another planner responded so im confused on if juliette is still there or are there multiple planners working there. Can anyone share with me any experience you have had working with them?

Juliette has her own company now, called Five Star Events.  You can contact her at juliette@fivestareventscayman.com - I have really enjoyed working with her.  I haven't worked with anyone at Save the Date so I can't help there!  Good luck and welcome to the forum!