Ok, I am mainly focusing on the DW right now, however, I know I have to also plan an AHR as most people won't be able to attend or won't be invited (we are keeping the DW small) to the DW. I have a few questions for those currently planning or those who have recently held an AHR:
1. Budget. What amount are you looking to spend since you will have just spent quite a bit of money on your DW? Did you include this in your overall wedding budget?
2. Type. What kind of AHR are you planning? Is it formal or informal? How long will it last? Will you also have a dance after the reception?
3. When. How long after your DW are you planning the AHR?
4. Food. Are you having a buffet or a formal sit down dinner?
5. Clothes. What are you wearing to your AHR? Your wedding day attire or something else entirely?
6. Invitations. Formal or informal invitations? We are thinking about having it in the small town where I grew up and many people just put an announcement in the local paper for people to attend but then it is difficult to determine the amount of food you need.
7. Photographer. Are you hiring a professional photographer for the day?
8. Cake. Are you having a traditional wedding cake for the AHR?
9. Decorations. What kinds of decorations are you having for your AHR?
10. DW Photos. Are you going to have these on display and if so, how?
That is all I can think of for now. If anyone else has any questions, then please feel free to add. Any advice is helpful.