Photo

Dress length?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
  • 303 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:44 AM

For all those who did, or will, get married on the beach... how long was your dress? The dress I bought has a small train and I am debating whether to cut it off and have my dress all floor length, or to keep it and have it bustled or a hoop to hold it. Opinions/suggestions?

#2 DanniS

DanniS
    • 145 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:13 PM

I have purchased a pair of wedge shoes to wear walking down the aisle on the beach to help with the length of my dress not drag.  I do have a small train behind me that will 'drag' on the beach/sand, but oh well :)

I would see a seamstress and ask for their recommendations. 

#3 HazelsMelody

HazelsMelody
      • 169 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:20 PM

I am getting married on the beach and my dress is floor length with a WEE bit dragging at the back. Wouldn't call it a train, but it will drag a bit. My seamstress said it looked really pretty like that, and I agree. I'll be barefoot for the ceremony. But I also have flip flops for walking around, not that they'll do much for the dragging. It's not a bad fabric to wash, so it shouldn't be a problem to clean afterward.

Iberostar Varadero
        25 March 2011
        Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

#4 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
        • 303 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

Thanks for the tips... it's pretty so I really don't want to chop it off but wasn't sure how it'd manage in the sand. Glad to know others have a little dragging behind them as well! I'll ask the seamstress at my fitting but I think I'm going to keep it :)

#5 starrysim

starrysim
          • 349 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

I think the type of material is very important for the train.  Organza would be best - it doesn't pick up sand as much, and if it does get wet and sandy, you can just brush it off once it dries.  Something like satin would be a pain in the butt - think how much water it would soak up, and the sand would really stick.  I'm not sure what to think of lace, I guess it would depend.  Something to think about.

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#6 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
            • 303 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:10 PM

Good point! Thank you!!!

Originally Posted by starrysim 

I think the type of material is very important for the train.  Organza would be best - it doesn't pick up sand as much, and if it does get wet and sandy, you can just brush it off once it dries.  Something like satin would be a pain in the butt - think how much water it would soak up, and the sand would really stick.  I'm not sure what to think of lace, I guess it would depend.  Something to think about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users