Photo

Riu Palace Punta Cana 2012

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#81 kelelie

kelelie
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:31 AM

Annaru we are getting married on April 14th. I am excited to see you there, are you having a lot of guests attend? We have invited like 60 so far, 12 have booked and are confirmed. I am just now thinking of colors, the wedding coordinating at the Palace and I have been emailing back and forth because I had a thousand questions and she asked me for the color scheme so they can make sure they have it, any thoughts ladies??

#82 caseyth28

caseyth28
    • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:07 PM

Hi there!!!

I'm Casey and my hubby to be and I are tying the knot at the Riu on October 22,2011. They claim our wedding is "free" if we stay more than 5 days (which we are). Do you know anything about that? How did you find your photographer? Do they offer one from the resort? We were hoping to get there and not spend much money.... any approx guess on how much?

Did you have your hair done or did you do it yourself? My hairdresser here in Colorado says they do great hair there, but was curious as to what you know about that? I wasn't nervous until we hit the 60 day mark........ now I am getting VERY nervous!!!!

#83 caseyth28

caseyth28
      • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:22 PM

Hello ladies,

SO I am getting married at the Riu Palace Punta Cana on October 22,2011........ YES, less than two months away!! I am starting to get extremely nervous.... I am excited about the resort, but have only heard from them once and that was to confirm our cermony time and date!!

Any ideas on something cute or different to put in welcome bags? I am doing chapstick, sunscreen, water bottles (personlized), but due to the fact it is all inclusive snacks seem kind of silly.....

The nerves are really starting to kick in.....

Casey

#84 annaru

annaru
        • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

Hey Kelelie, I hope we will see you there! I have not done any planning yet. i think we will have 25 to 40 people. Have you contacted travel agency yet?

#85 swojdyla

swojdyla
          • 184 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

kelelie, how often do you email the WC? who are you dealing with? They take like a week to get back to me :-( I don't mind but I would like if they got back to me faster haha Probably bc I keep nagging them about my "private" reception. I just don't understand why I can't book it NOW!! I want to pay them the money and have the peace of mind that everything is taken care of!

#86 kristen6212

kristen6212
            • 184 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:39 AM

Is anyone else starting to get worried about the negative reviews on tripadvisor? I know people on tripadvisor can be a little too picky and critical but every review I see says the rooms are damp and even the sheets are damp

#87 swojdyla

swojdyla
              • 184 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

Kristen I wouldnt worry about that. U can't control everything. When I stayed in may things were fine. I'm starting to worry about my catholic ceremony and it taking 2 months for my marriage certificate to get mailed to me. That's a long time! I was excited to change my name as soon as I got back :-(

#88 kristen6212

kristen6212
                • 184 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:37 AM

I know what you mean about it taking two months, I've even seen some brides say theirs took longer.  I know I can't wait to change my last name! :)  I think we are going to do a symbolic ceremony down there and get married legally at the justice of peace right before we go down and just not tell anyone.  I've seen many brides say this was easier but I  also kina of wished and wanted it to be done legally down there

#89 swojdyla

swojdyla
                  • 184 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

The brides that said it took longer were they new post or old ones. I saw some but they were like from 2009 so I was hoping things have gotten better lol ahhhh I really want a catholic ceremony. It's so important to me. Wonder if I could come back and get married by the justice of the peace just in case haha ugh

#90 Iamalldiva

Iamalldiva
                    • 163 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

Ladies,

I leave in two days for my Oct 15th wedding.  I'll keep you posted on how things go...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users