Anyone going the fake cake route?

i'm honestly amazed that this thread turned to an argument. I see your point Miss....Sure people may find it "odd" or to not be their ideal option however there is no need to be negative! Sure, people will not all have the same opinion and you are all entitled to your opinion....i am doing unconventional things in my wedding, people think we are crazy because our Best "man" is Fi's sister!!! we may ask for people's opinions but no one asks to be critisized or have people come down on them. you can express your concerns about how to get the cake there, the humidity issues etc and those are all great points and constructive criticsism that would be helpful to her but to completely question the person is just not cool especially when its in a negative way.  This is a forum for people to share their ideas and thoughts and meet other brides and make some new friends....i really dont think Miss had the intention of starting a battle about cake. LOL

Sorry Miss, i felt like i needed to defend you for some reason because i think this is just childish and silly! I understand your frustration and i hope this doesnt ruin your BDW experience...i personally like chatting with you and sharing our wedding planning experiences together especially as fellow PPC brides :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Lesee :)

I'm going to do what I want that was never the issue, but this whole thread turned into something else... I was just wondering if any other ladies were going the same route.... Oh well undecided.gif

Originally Posted by lesee View Post

It's all love! do you what you want to do! it's YOUR wedding. Do you what makes YOU happy

Janet!! Dearlove.gif

It's all good, I know what I'm here for, thanks for "standing up" for me. It's not that serious.... we actually have good times ahead of us.. let's enjoy every minute of it

Originally Posted by Janet1480 View Post

i'm honestly amazed that this thread turned to an argument. I see your point Miss....Sure people may find it "odd" or to not be their ideal option however there is no need to be negative! Sure, people will not all have the same opinion and you are all entitled to your opinion....i am doing unconventional things in my wedding, people think we are crazy because our Best "man" is Fi's sister!!! we may ask for people's opinions but no one asks to be critisized or have people come down on them. you can express your concerns about how to get the cake there, the humidity issues etc and those are all great points and constructive criticsism that would be helpful to her but to completely question the person is just not cool especially when its in a negative way.  This is a forum for people to share their ideas and thoughts and meet other brides and make some new friends....i really dont think Miss had the intention of starting a battle about cake. LOL

Sorry Miss, i felt like i needed to defend you for some reason because i think this is just childish and silly! I understand your frustration and i hope this doesnt ruin your BDW experience...i personally like chatting with you and sharing our wedding planning experiences together especially as fellow PPC brides :)

I haven't really had the time to follow this thread, but here is my input. I keep telling FI that I want to start up a cake business when I'm pregnant or on mat leave. After checking out the pricing on the web site you're using I might consider a fake cake business instead. So much easier to decorate a cake form. I think there' s probably more people using fake cakes at home than for a DW. We are all just so worried about luggage restrictions for all the other stuff!

That's a great idea!!

I'm sure it's not that hard, getting styrofoam shapes, molding the fondant and decorating once you get the hang of it.... I know brides that will pay to take something like that off their hands (like me) lol.... Sounds like a great business honestly, not that labor intensive... best of luck to you! :)

My friend got married in La Romana, Casa de Campo and she had the same issue, but her family in DR took care of it all out there, they cut the foam and a baker decorated it with frosting, but that was in Santiago and was being transported across the Island...

I'm sure if someone from out here went and set up a shop in a spot like Punta Cana or somewhere where DW are a buzz they would make a killing!

here's her cake

232323232%7Ffp533%3A9%3Enu%3D3345%3E5%3B9%3E6%3B%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3238525%3A%3A8924nu0mrj.jpg

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

I haven't really had the time to follow this thread, but here is my input. I keep telling FI that I want to start up a cake business when I'm pregnant or on mat leave. After checking out the pricing on the web site you're using I might consider a fake cake business instead. So much easier to decorate a cake form. I think there' s probably more people using fake cakes at home than for a DW. We are all just so worried about luggage restrictions for all the other stuff!

awww so pretty!

now there is a business idea. Miss you should hook up with her family and just start the business and let them manage it...make a ton of money and you dont even have to be there!

i'll help with marketing and sales (its what i do for a living now) LOL

cheer2.gif

Sometimes, I think all of us ladies are so stressed/ busy with all of our own wedding planning that we can't even fathom adding another thing to our list! So that's probably where all the comments referring to "why go through the trouble" are coming from. Let's all try to keep BDW about supporting each other  because we all understand how overwhelming wedding planning can get!