Deep Sea Fishing

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rebecca_oc

rebecca_oc
  • Site Supporter
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:42 AM

I'm thinking of trying to arrange a trip for the boys.  Does anyone have any information on these or and recommendations?

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:44 AM

hey rebecca,

we did some deep sea fishing with the guys...

you may want to check the wedding vendor section up above for some reviews of those types of vendors.  i posted my review...let me try to find it for you.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:45 AM

here is who i used and my short review: http://www.bestdesti...fishing-in-cabo

if you do plan one, you may want to do it AFTER your wedding because some guys got really sunburned and one got really seasick and stayed in his room most of the trip with sun and seasickness.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 Donie Jordan

Donie Jordan
    • 381 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:14 AM

We're going with pisces sportfishing. They have a variety of boats to choose from and offer inclusive packages with license, bait, lunch, etc. Here is the link to their website: http://www.piscessportfishing.com/

When we were there in October we simply went to the marina and picked out a boat with the most flags...but from what I understand we're pretty lucky he showed up the next day to take us out since he already had our deposit. If you have a small group though you can probably get a much better price this way. Go directly to the boat though and speak to the captain. If you book it through one of the stands along the sidewalk you are giving a percentage of your money to the individual you are booking with. It's cheaper to just pay the captain directly.

A good place to check out reviews on fishing and excursion companies in Cabo is tripadvisor.com

Good Luck!

#5 Donie Jordan

Donie Jordan
      • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:33 AM

Not sure if anyone is still interested, but we switched from our original plan of Pisces to RedRum. http://redrumcabo.com/

They have more affordable boats, and have great reviews on tripadvisor. They also offer most of the "extras" with their bareboat option that other companies lump into "all inclusive" and charge an extra $50 or more per person for. I have been working with John and he has been very helpful and quickly responds to emails!

#6 MyGirlTuesday

MyGirlTuesday
        • 12 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:48 AM

We've used RedRum and Pices and I preferred RedRum (part of that is because the boys that own it are Texan and so are we).

When you book, you'll have two options, half a day or all day. All day is until 3 and if I remember right, it's around $800. You can put 4-6 people on the boat, but keep this in mind: if the boat only catches 2 fish, then only 2 guys get to reel 'em in! So I'd try to keep the number on the boat low (3-4) unless some guys don't care about catching (you just never know how many you'll get to catch!).

My FI and all the boys are going the day before the wedding and I'm jealous. It really is a lot of fun if you're not too much of a girly girl.

#7 Donie Jordan

Donie Jordan
          • 381 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:13 PM

We booked three boats for a 1/2 day, but RedRum mentioned that if any of the guys decide to stay out longer we can leave one or more of the boats out for a full day. I thought it was great that they are allowing the guys to make that decision on the spot! Guess it will all depend on how much they catch in the first few hours!

#8 bride3183

bride3183
            • 173 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:03 AM

We are planning on using Redrum but my FI is in charge of booking it... which means he won't do anything until we get there.  Does anyone know if you have to make reservations ahead of time or can it be booked like  last minute type of thing?  Our wedding is in October.

Dreams Los Cabos - October 29, 2011

#9 AshleyTX

AshleyTX
              • 37 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:06 AM

We are using Redrum as well, we have prebooked 3 boats for the day after the wedding and then one boat for just the two of us a few days later!

#10 bride3183

bride3183
                • 173 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:19 AM

That is a good idea!

Originally Posted by AshleyTX 

We are using Redrum as well, we have prebooked 3 boats for the day after the wedding and then one boat for just the two of us a few days later!

Dreams Los Cabos - October 29, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users