Sign in to follow this  
lesee

What to wear UNDER it all

Hi Ladies

I'd like some advice as to what to wear for "unders'' - my dress is italian silk charmeuse, clingy and is very unforgiving when it comes to pantylines. I've been hearing the underwear brand "commando" is the way to go. Lacey anything is NOT an option. Has anyone tried the "commando" thongs? Does anyone have any suggestions?

elefant.gif

I've tried them, liked them...but I wasn't wearing silk charmeuse. I have a feeling almost anything would show with that type of fabric. have you thought about just literally going commando?? Not like anyone would know! Except maybe your husband afterwards...msnwink.gif

This was my challenge with my first dress.  It showed EVERYTHING, to include dimples I didnt know I had! :/

I wasn't comfy not waring anything under the dress.  My first thought is that I may get sweaty and it would cling or it would be in my butt when I stood up all the time.  Call me crazy but I just didnt want to deal with it.

Good luck with your dress.  I made the switch to taffeta and I think it will be perfect!

Originally Posted by richarsd View Post

I've tried them, liked them...but I wasn't wearing silk charmeuse. I have a feeling almost anything would show with that type of fabric. have you thought about just literally going commando?? Not like anyone would know! Except maybe your husband afterwards...msnwink.gif

Yep..i agree! :) You could always whisper it to him during the reception! ;)

ahahahah

well, the dress is lined. so it doesn't show the dimples - TRUST me...the first thing I looked for was that! lol...

I will consider the COMMANDONESS - I don't think I should whisper that to him during the reception...he may want to take a "walk" right then and there.

Originally Posted by lesee View Post

ahahahah

well, the dress is lined. so it doesn't show the dimples - TRUST me...the first thing I looked for was that! lol...

I will consider the COMMANDONESS - I don't think I should whisper that to him during the reception...he may want to take a "walk" right then and there.

HAHAHAHA! That's true! lol

I think I'm going to bring a few options at my next fitting.  See how that goes.

I'm going to definitely try the commando brand and go a size up

I have my favorite thongs that I wore on myself every time I went to try a dress...they are IPEX by La Senza. Unfortunately, they don't sell them anymore and I have no idea why because they are seriously awesome...totally seemless and light feeling. I stocked up when they went on clearance, lol. Anyway, when I was trying dresses before I finally found mine, I new that any dress that was incompatible with these underwear was not gonna make the cut, lol.