Where to buy beach wedding dress?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LisaRenee

LisaRenee
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:21 AM

Hello All,

I'm new to Destination Wedding Forum, so I apologize if there's already a thread for this question, but where did you find your destination wedding dresses? I'm looking for something either above the knee or a bit longer that has pizazz (corset in the back, a bit of a color accent, that sort of thing). I really don't want to deal with a long dress on the beach. Everything I find is very plain, strapless, etc. and they all seem to look alike. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

#2 skp1

skp1
    • 405 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:29 AM

A lot of designers have a "destination" line.  Stores carry the long ones in stock but very few in the short length.  I never found one place to see everything but just hit a few bridal shops after searching on line.  There is a thread on here about short dresses - there are a few options loaded on this thread that may be something you like.

http://www.bestdesti...reception-dress

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#3 beachesSB1412

beachesSB1412
      • 171 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:06 PM

You might try Nordstrom's website.  Look at the reception dresses in the wedding section.  Hope this helps!

#4 dresses12

dresses12
        • Banned
        • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:14 PM

I GOT MY WEDDING DRESS!!!! (with link!)
          Sorry for shouting, but I'm SO EXCITED!! It is BEAUTIFUL, if I do say so myself. ;D ;D We all kept saying "wow" the whole time I had it on. Go figure it was also the most expensive one (by far) I put on all day, but man it's so worth it. In my Mom's words: "That dress is kickass" (so not a comment my mom usually makes, either).

Not only did I get the dress of my DREAMS, but I also got a veil, shoes, and picked out bridesmaids dresses- all in about 4 hours!

Edited to add the link: http://www.RomanceAround.com
          The pictures don't even do it justice. The bottom and back of the dress are just incredible.

#5 dresses12

dresses12
          • Banned
          • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by LisaRenee 

Hello All,

I'm new to Destination Wedding Forum, so I apologize if there's already a thread for this question, but where did you find your destination wedding dresses? I'm looking for something either above the knee or a bit longer that has pizazz (corset in the back, a bit of a color accent, that sort of thing). I really don't want to deal with a long dress on the beach. Everything I find is very plain, strapless, etc. and they all seem to look alike. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I GOT MY WEDDING DRESS!!!! (with link!)
            Sorry for shouting, but I'm SO EXCITED!! It is BEAUTIFUL, if I do say so myself. ;D ;D We all kept saying "wow" the whole time I had it on. Go figure it was also the most expensive one (by far) I put on all day, but man it's so worth it. In my Mom's words: "That dress is kickass" (so not a comment my mom usually makes, either).

Not only did I get the dress of my DREAMS, but I also got a veil, shoes, and picked out bridesmaids dresses- all in about 4 hours!

Edited to add the link: http://www.RomanceAround.com
            The pictures don't even do it justice. The bottom and back of the dress are just incredible.

#6 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
            • 305 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:08 PM

maggie sottero has some really nice destination dresses.  i got a non destination dress though - Jenna.

Nicole Miller also has lots of nice beach dresses.  my first dress was HG0013

#7 sascolo

sascolo
              • 184 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:41 PM

Allure and j crew have good destination dresses too.

#8 nairay

nairay
                • 156 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:51 AM

I liked Maggie Sottero's, Allure's (Far and Away) and Mori Lee's (Voyage, but Blu can also work) destnation collections

#9 KalikLove

KalikLove
                  • 178 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

ohh thanks for the heads up!! Never heard of the Voyage collection before. :D

#10 wangjuan

wangjuan
                    • Banned
                    • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:33 PM

I think maybe you can shop online.You know,there are many kinds of dresses online.I can recommend a website to you.edressesonsale.com.

Maybe, it can help you.Hope you can get the dress you want.Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users