Sign in to follow this  
Jenn3878

Is it bad if your fiance sees your dress?

I don't really want Hans to see my dress, but he's already seen the style I'm looking for. I can't keep a secret!

My FI turned out to be pretty traditional too! I want to meet before the ceremony to take wedding pictures, but he's insisting that we wait until after cuz he doesn't want to see me in the dress until I walk down the aisle! love.gif

Future Hubby saw my dresses online, but not in person. He was also part of the buying process for one of them.

Last Friday we were shopping windows for the new house and I saw this wedding shop. We stopped and I tried a few dresses just so I see his reaction over each style I tried. He will not see the final choice, I don't want him to.

OMG I have a funny story about this....

so last night UPS delivered my dress and of course first thing I do is go to try it on. Well it fit like a glove.... it's kind of a mermaid style dress so very fitting. I put my veil on and did a happy dance. I know I'm a dork but I'm fine with it.

So when it came ot taking it off I was having problems. First I was getting all clamy and sweaty which did not help the process. Second I got it over my head and then got stuck, I started hyperventalating and FREAKING OUT.

No one was home but FH! I didn't know what to do so I started moving and shaking in hoped to get it off. But nope no luck.... finally something gave and the dress came off. I was about 10 seconds off of calling FH though who would have seen the dress.

geeze so close! I learned my lesson and I will NOT be trying it on again without help. LOL

That is a funny story, I can totally see that happening to me.

I tried to have Matt look at some with me to see what he liked, but he said they all looked the same. I know all he cares about is that I am in the dress, so that is fine with me! He knows it will be nothing big though, cuz I like more sleek styles. And he knows I don't like satin and love beading and lace. So I guess if he thought about it enough, he could form some pictures in his mind. But he will not see it before the wedding, hopefully anyway. And if he does, I don't beleive that is bad luck and I won't cry about it if he happens to see it. But I agree that it's all in the moment when he first sees you in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesr View Post
I would show him a picture of another dress, if he will not leave you alone, but I would not show him your real dress, that ruins the surprise.
I totally agree with Julie!!! I was going throught this too, FI wouldn't leave me alone and said he can see the dress, just not on me!!! But I want him to be suprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeka View Post

so last night UPS delivered my dress and of course first thing I do is go to try it on. Well it fit like a glove.... it's kind of a mermaid style dress so very fitting. I put my veil on and did a happy dance. I know I'm a dork but I'm fine with it.

So when it came ot taking it off I was having problems. First I was getting all clamy and sweaty which did not help the process. Second I got it over my head and then got stuck, I started hyperventalating and FREAKING OUT.

No one was home but FH! I didn't know what to do so I started moving and shaking in hoped to get it off. But nope no luck.... finally something gave and the dress came off. I was about 10 seconds off of calling FH though who would have seen the dress.

geeze so close! I learned my lesson and I will NOT be trying it on again without help. LOL
ROFL ~ You are totally cracking me up!!! smile120.gif I can totally see myself doing that. I get stuck in clothes while in the dressing room all the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeka View Post

I did the same thing when I got my first dress!! I was freaking out that I was going to have to call FI!!

I'm so glad you got your dress and that you love it! When I ordered my new one they gave me the approximate date of the 19th, but I really want to call tomorrow and find out if they know anything, I'm really anxious!

Yea it was one of those "moments" as in dumbass moments...

hey jill I say go for it and call them, it's always nice just for peace of mind. I know I called about 2 weeks before it got here - just checking that the order is still on schedule.