4 replies to this topic

#1 deniden

• Site Supporter
  • 355 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
  • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:26 AM

Hi ladies!

For those of you who did your own invitations, STDs, etc. - did you print at home or take it to Staples, etc to have it printed? For those who printed at home, do you have a printer recommendation?

#2 KCB2011

• 308 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

I was also wondering about this because I am going to be printing on metallic cardstock and I have heard that it is tough to print from an inkjet printer onto metallic cardstock...has anybody tried this?

#3 mishi071411

• 52 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:07 AM

I would strongly recommend going to a print shop. My mom has a great photo printer. We began using it for our 120 invites... we went through 6 ink cartridges! My fiance went to a print shop for the covers (passport)... and they looked so nice and it was only $6.00 - If I could do it again, I would do the entire thing through a print shop.

#4 HazelsMelody

• 169 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:53 AM

Definitely print shop. When I did my boarding pass invites, I printed off one and brought to Staples to be photocopied 100 times... the lady there said rather than doing that, bring in a disc or memory card with the file, or send it in online. And when I did that, WHOA! Huge difference in the colour quality!! Most home printers are ink jets and in the print shops, they use laser printers. It definitely makes a difference. And it's cheaper in the long run when you have to print off a good quantity.

Iberostar Varadero
        25 March 2011
        Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

#5 cookiemunchkin

• 376 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:47 AM

We bought a color laser printer for home because we figured we could spend the same amount at a print shop or we could buy the printer and still have it for future use.  We bought a Brother (9000 series, cant remember the exact model number) for around $400 on sale at Staples and printed out 100 passport invitations (cardstock cover and 2 double-sided sheets on the inside), welcome letters for the OOT bags, tags for the favors and a whole stack of other documents to take on our trip and STILL have not used up the toner that came in the box. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users