Photo

Would you allow...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 mmcst38

mmcst38
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:09 PM

This is so true, it has taken me by surprise how helpful some people are and truly happy for us they are

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

Crazy FMILs! Mine was great until we got engaged and now it's become so frustrating. I hate how weddings seem to bring out the worst in people, thank goodness it also brings out the best in some.

May 13, 2011
    Riu Resort
    Ochos Rios Jamaica

#12 Janet1480

Janet1480
    • 709 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:16 PM

Totally off topic

This is so true, it has taken me by surprise how helpful some people are and truly happy for us they are

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#13 mmcst38

mmcst38
      • 237 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

Omg, thanks os much for telling me, its hard when you hear good things nad then some bad, makes me nervous sometimes

May 13, 2011
        Riu Resort
        Ochos Rios Jamaica

#14 Janet1480

Janet1480
        • 709 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:53 PM

I know what you mean. I dont even read reviews on tripadvisor anymore. People are ignorant and forget that they are travelling to a different city/country and that they are not at home anymore...language barriers, food, service etc....its gonna be different! you are on vacation, have a drink and relax! People are so critical about the smallest things. You have to go to these places with an open mind knowing that some small things may happen and just let it go! But honestly, the Ru in Ochos Rios is really nice, the food was great, beach beautiful, grounds well kept. You wont be dissapointed!

Originally Posted by mmcst38 

Omg, thanks os much for telling me, its hard when you hear good things nad then some bad, makes me nervous sometimes

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#15 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
          • 1,917 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:35 AM

Janet, I know exactly what you mean. FMIL has never been out of the province and certainly never on vacation to a 5-star resort. She has already complained that she better have ocean view. Just be glad it's a fabulous vacation and if you want to see the ocean get out of your room and enjoy everything the resort has to offer! I will completely snap about having to give them money just to pay their bills if she complains about the resort.

#16 Janet1480

Janet1480
            • 709 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:26 AM

I hear you! thats what i say....by the time i get back to my room its going to be dark and i wont see the ocean anyway and when i wake up i am in the shower and getting ready to go IN the ocean! some poeple just like to hear themselves talk i think....people create their own drama!

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

Janet, I know exactly what you mean. FMIL has never been out of the province and certainly never on vacation to a 5-star resort. She has already complained that she better have ocean view. Just be glad it's a fabulous vacation and if you want to see the ocean get out of your room and enjoy everything the resort has to offer! I will completely snap about having to give them money just to pay their bills if she complains about the resort.

#17 snowbeltchick

snowbeltchick
              • 192 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:13 PM

We had an oceanview at one of the resorts we stayed at...of the trees and mangrove!  It was classified as oceanview because it faced the ocean but you couldn't even see the bloody ocean through the trees...lol!

#18 snowbeltchick

snowbeltchick
                • 192 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:14 PM

Totally agree.  Some people just want to hear themselves talk. 

Originally Posted by Janet1480 

I hear you! thats what i say....by the time i get back to my room its going to be dark and i wont see the ocean anyway and when i wake up i am in the shower and getting ready to go IN the ocean! some poeple just like to hear themselves talk i think....people create their own drama!

#19 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
                  • 447 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

I hope it all works out in the end for you! :)

#20 Janet1480

Janet1480
                    • 709 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:44 PM

LOL! I guess it wouldnt be as popular if it was advertised as "great branche and leaves view from your balcony bu if you peak through the leaves when the wind is blowing you will see the ocean" haahaha

Originally Posted by snowbeltchick 

We had an oceanview at one of the resorts we stayed at...of the trees and mangrove!  It was classified as oceanview because it faced the ocean but you couldn't even see the bloody ocean through the trees...lol!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users