Photo

Would you allow...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 mmcst38

mmcst38
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:07 PM

Your FMIL to wear a dress that looks almost exactly like the BM dresses you already bought?

I showed her in person the dresses, I don't know if I should just let this go or tell her its not a good idea

May 13, 2011
    Riu Resort
    Ochos Rios Jamaica

#2 adales

adales
    • Site Supporter
    • 545 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:09 PM

I would agree with not a good idea!!

#3 Brandy

Brandy
      • 2,628 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:43 AM

How close is it exactly? My FMIL found a coral dress, but asked me first if it was ok since the BM dress was coral, which was totally fine with me, its not the exact same dress or the exact same color but they will both be in coral.

#4 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
        • 610 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:44 AM

I'm with Brandy... how exactly close is it?  Is it just same dress, different color?  Same color, different style?  Or exact, exact?  I honestly wouldn't worry about it... she won't be in the BM pictures and I'm sure age difference will prevail.  LOL  Is that wrong to say?  Anyway, my opinion is to let her wear it and not worry about it!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#5 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
          • 447 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:56 AM

I'm going with just letting it go...too many other things to stress about as a bride-to-be!

#6 jamie0820

jamie0820
            • 183 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:32 AM

Haha I wouldnt have the balls to tell someone they couldnt wear something...I wish I could be more outspoken sometimes!

#7 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
              • 1,917 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:52 AM

I'm in a similar situation. When FMIL started looking at dresses I told her get whatever you want just not a tiered skirt because my dress has tiers. Of course, the only one she tries on has tiers and she loves it. It's also three times as much as I expected her to spend and she always complains that she has no money and never offers to pay for anything. She once made the comment that I always want to have my way, but I really believe that I was more correct when I said that she just wants to ruin everything. But since she never likes anything I told her to just buy it. 

I think they just have a really hard time realizing that their sons chose to love us more?

Thank goodness, I bought another dress that isn't as tiered.

#8 mmcst38

mmcst38
                • 237 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:57 PM

Thanks for the comments ladies, her dress is the same cut & style, the same colors except hers has white thru it where my BMs don't, I was pissed because I showed her in person the BM dresses! I'm in the same kind of situation as Mocha, she does says things on purpose, she did it to my FSIL last year when they got married and she warned me about it, oh well I'm going to let her do whatever she wants with the dress, its definitely a cheaper version of the dress and if she is comfortable standing around the BM's kinda looking the same thats her issue..lol as far as having the balls to tell someone not to wear something, I'm kinda shocked that soemone would have the balls to buy a dress that almost matches the BMs,

Thanks for the input ladies, nice to know I'm not crazy in my thinking and that some others have annoying FMIL too!

May 13, 2011
                  Riu Resort
                  Ochos Rios Jamaica

#9 snowbeltchick

snowbeltchick
                  • 192 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:02 PM

Wow!  I'm so glad my FMIL is not like that.  I would be pissed but she's probably the one who will look silly :)

#10 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                    • 1,917 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:44 PM

Crazy FMILs! Mine was great until we got engaged and now it's become so frustrating. I hate how weddings seem to bring out the worst in people, thank goodness it also brings out the best in some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users