Jump to content

Photo

May or even June Montego Bay brides....want driftwood or votives? Leaving lots of wedding decor behind!


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 downtownlagirl

downtownlagirl
  • Newbie
  • 47 posts

    Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:49 PM

    Hi ladies,

     

    We are bringing down a number of decor items for our April 30 wedding in Montego Bay. Most of this is NOT coming home with us. We had considered donating it but so far haven't gotten recommendations on how to do this from our WC. Right now it looks as though we will have: enough clean (sanitized, no surprises!) driftwood to run down the center of a 35 foot long table; 24-48 mercury glass candle holders, globes and votives; 75 good-quality black napkins; ten white feather pomanders with black ribbon; and possibly a whole bunch of white paper parasols.

     

    If our florist does not take it all in trade, which she may, I am happy to donate to another bride who could pick it up at our hotel after the wedding. I don't know how long they will be happy to hold it, so it's probably best for an early May bride.

    This is "pay it forward" time...of course if you want to chip in that is much appreciated, but mainly I do not want it all to go to waste if it could make someone else happy!



    #2 mrsrice11

    mrsrice11
    • Newbie
    • 33 posts

      Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

      I'm a June 13 bride staying at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. I'd love to pick up a few items if they are still available. I.e. paper parasols, votives and pomander balls.



      #3 downtownlagirl

      downtownlagirl
      • Newbie
      • 47 posts

        Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:18 PM

        Mrsrice11, that's awesome. I will keep you updated on exactly what we do have and how long the hotel will hold it. I am still 50/50 on whether we are doing parasols. 



        #4 oJustBeachyo

        oJustBeachyo
        • Newbie
        • 28 posts

          Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:59 AM

          Hey! I'm a May 2nd IBRS Bride - I would love to pick up a few things!! Keep us posted! : )



          #5 jamaicawasgreat

          jamaicawasgreat
          • Banned
          • 11 posts

            Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:53 PM

            i also have a few stuff from my wedding dont think i wana sell though.montego bay was refreshing n great holding ion to memories even unused ones lol.



            #6 gingerpeach

            gingerpeach
            • Newbie
            • 53 posts

              Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:00 PM

              Hi, I am a May bride, I fly into Montego bay on the 17th...would that be too late?  if not I am definitely interested


              Amazing wedding, 21st May 2011 Half Moon Montego Bay Jamaica


              #7 downtownlagirl

              downtownlagirl
              • Newbie
              • 47 posts

                Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:59 AM

                As soon as I know what we are shipping down I will post it and find out how long the hotel will hold. Then maybe anything that's in demand could be passed on from BDW bride to bride!



                #8 Vaneska

                Vaneska
                • Newbie
                • 123 posts

                  Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:28 PM


                  i will be there i will take the parasols!!! Can you give them to dan?? since he is shooting us it would be super easy :)

                  Originally Posted by downtownlagirl 

                  Hi ladies,

                   

                  We are bringing down a number of decor items for our April 30 wedding in Montego Bay. Most of this is NOT coming home with us. We had considered donating it but so far haven't gotten recommendations on how to do this from our WC. Right now it looks as though we will have: enough clean (sanitized, no surprises!) driftwood to run down the center of a 35 foot long table; 24-48 mercury glass candle holders, globes and votives; 75 good-quality black napkins; ten white feather pomanders with black ribbon; and possibly a whole bunch of white paper parasols.

                   

                  If our florist does not take it all in trade, which she may, I am happy to donate to another bride who could pick it up at our hotel after the wedding. I don't know how long they will be happy to hold it, so it's probably best for an early May bride.

                  This is "pay it forward" time...of course if you want to chip in that is much appreciated, but mainly I do not want it all to go to waste if it could make someone else happy!





                  #9 Vaneska

                  Vaneska
                  • Newbie
                  • 123 posts

                    Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:31 PM

                    if i get them i leave on the 12th...so maybe i can get the hotel to hold them for you :)

                    Originally Posted by gingerpeach 

                    Hi, I am a May bride, I fly into Montego bay on the 17th...would that be too late?  if not I am definitely interested





                    #10 gingerpeach

                    gingerpeach
                    • Newbie
                    • 53 posts

                      Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:50 PM



                      Originally Posted by Vaneska 

                      if i get them i leave on the 12th...so maybe i can get the hotel to hold them for you :)


                       


                      Super... sounds like a plan. 


                      Amazing wedding, 21st May 2011 Half Moon Montego Bay Jamaica





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users